Reviews for Choices and Regrets
CeCe Away chapter 3 . 4/3
This was such a hard time for the brothers. You wrote the emotion of it well.
carocali chapter 3 . 11/15/2009
Always up for an ELAC fic! I thought you did a fabulous job!

There is so much torture at this point for these boys and Sam's feelings were pretty much ignored, so thank you for taking the time to help work them out. His concern over Dean and his lack of concern over his own ailments is lovely.

Nice work!

:D

Caroline
Ash chapter 3 . 9/6/2009
The idea is good, but the execution is not. It's a good try, but it's poorly written and needs to be revised for punctuation and grammatical errors.
Angel Spirit chapter 3 . 8/29/2009
It's always fun to see others outtakes on this time frame...IMTOD and ELAC hold such wonderful angst potential!*_* I like how you put your own spin on it and started it out with the scene from where Dean was beating on the Impala...I always flinch when I see that part of the ep and I remember jumping the first time I saw it too " so many emotions...it seriously is a wonderful playground that time frame, yes...*nods* kudo's to Sammy being sick...I don't think I can ever get enough of injured/sick Sam! I also liked how you kind of had Sam thinking that Dean had closed himself off at the end and yet he quite hadn't-it's nice to see that Dean can still be a big brother despite tough times, ne? *sighs happily* and kudo's on the choice of music...Within Temptation is such wonderful background music when writing something angsty...
AJ1987 chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
Aw... Nicely written. Loved the boys and of course Bobby!

“You know what… dad’s a real ass. You don’t ask that kind of shit from your children…” YES!

Sweet ending plus loved the songs! Thanks for sharing... :) :)
Faye Dartmouth chapter 3 . 8/26/2009
Sam's reaction to the events of IMTOD were seriously underplayed in S2, so I love that you took to exploring them a bit more. All in all, a very good read!
jenilee chapter 3 . 8/25/2009
Very nicely done. Poor Sam. After watching Dean tear himself up over that deal John made for him Sam must have had such guilt for not shooting the demon when John asked him to but then how could he have chosen that and lose his dad. Poor guy loses both ways.

And Dean having to live with John's last request about saving Sam on top of losing his dad like that. Poor boy.

You know John really expected alot of his sons (and I thought my expectations for my kids were high! LOL).

Anyway very nicely explored thoughts and feelings of both the boys and Bobby who had to deal with it as much as the boys.
onemediumdrip chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Great story! I loved that you talked about the fact that John had asked Sam to kill him earlier, and even though Sam refused to do it, John died anyway. It's so tragically ironic, and I don't think it's a topic touched on enough. And poor Sam... no matter how hard he tries to combat it, his life is just riddled with failures that he couldn't have one anything to avoid. That kid's got so much on his plate, it's not even funny.

I really liked this, though! I certainly wouldn't object to a sequel! ]

Thanks for writing!
Jess13 chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
I really enjoyed this! In My Time of Dying and Everybody Loves a Clown are two of my favorite episodes, and I've always been curious about what could have happened in the aftermath of ELAC. I like how you explore Sam and Dean's relationship there and Sam's attempts to get Dean to open up. Dean's last line shows that he's trying, but still not quite there yet. And Sam crying... aww, I just want to hug him so bad!

Great job! :)
Harrigan chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
I am *so* impressed with people who can write fic in a second language. You put most Americans to shame *g*.

I agree that what went on in Sam's head after In My Time of Dying was left mostly for fanfiction writers to explore. To think that he told his dad to go to hell and then his dad died! And then to suspect, too, that John made a deal with a demon and actually was in hell! And that Sam could have prevented that, at least.

I really like that you didn't try to fix things with your story. You don't get over something like that in short story. It takes a long period of time. All we can do is get inside their heads and feel their pain.
cavetrollgrl chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
Great story about the boys starting to talk. Lots of angst and hurt well written. I Loved how Bobby's trying his best to help the boys. You could practicly feel the boys pain coming out of the words.
SamDeanLove chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
AH! More.. please hurry up!
Ghost4 chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
I could deal with a sequel. :)

Really, nice job. This is a very touchy area in the boys lives and Sam's emotions never got dealt with in the show. So good job giving us a glimpse of what could have been going on in the boy's head. I think your pretty on target.

Thanks for sharing.

~ghost
darksupernatural chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
You did a wonderful job with a time in the boys lives where so much happened. There's a lot to write about from just those few happenings. Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful story!
geminigrl11 chapter 3 . 8/24/2009
IMTOD and ELaC remain, for me, some of the saddest (and best-done) eps to date...so much pain for the boys, and so little resolution! I'm so glad you gave them a little peace here, even if it had to come at the expense of their health.

Sam had some heavy things laid on him by John that never really were addressed as much as they needed to be, so I am even more appreciative of what you've done here. A well-done fic, and one that definitely recreates that amazing Winchester bond. Thanks for sharing!