Reviews for Cursum Perficio
fs chapter 1 . 9/2/2015
sweet :)
Sangeeta Das chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Loved it! So difficult to find an in-character fanfic. This is great stuff indeed. Could read the entire piece without cringing even once. Looking forward to read more by you.
liley0790 chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Amazing!
ThexInvisiblexGirl chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
For someone who isn't much of a romance writer as you say of yourself, this was pretty damn romantic. Love it. You set the atmosphere perfectly at the beginning of it. It's sweet and hot and yes, romantic, all at the same time.
suorient chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Clasp. clap crowd is clapping for you, susan
strbck23 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
"He goes to sleep with answers these days. Who knows the weight of that burden lifted?"

Idk why but i loved that line.

I think you know m&s a bit more than you let on! I would actually love to read more msr from you some day. I realize I'm asking for this 3 years after the fact, but my, more importantly their love never dies! It still inspires me.

To me, there is no way they were together completely before all things. There were events that led up to it, obviously with the Millennium kiss, but all things was crucial somehow. Anyway, I'm rambling. To sum it up I loved this.
BoSephus chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Probably the best All Things fic I've read. totally puts mine to shame, lol. I loved that it was nearly dialogue free. The opening perfectly mirrored the feeling of the episode itself and the ending was perfect. Bravo.
dp chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
so that's how it happened! well written and hot!
Wildcard999 chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
/Soft pop-pop-pops plop from the fish tank./

You probably shouldn't use conflicting sound effects. Plop doubles as a verb and a sound effect. You might want to use a verb that ONLY means the sound travelled.

/Night sounds in a mechanical natural world./

Mechanical and natural are antonyms. Exactly what did you mean by this?

/...the velcro peel of rubber creeping over bitumen.../

What? What is a bitumen and on what planet does a car peeling out sound like velcro?

You demonstrate the stillness and quiet calm of the setting very well through your writing.

/...a smear of foam over wooden ribs./

Ooh, a metaphor. Nice.

/He found that end by himself; broke a hard habit of restlessness and refusal to accept; set himself free; surrendered./

I saw the whole series and even I'm lost. I doubt less knowlegeable readers will get this. I know you're going for mysterious and vague, telling a story through inference, but this line is going way too far. You've lost me.

/She shivers, jealous and flushed./

Which means now I'm wondering why she's reacting like this. The one thing I could think the other line meant doesn't fit this in the least.

/It's late and her thoughts are foolish./

This made me giggle.

/She ghosts through his room./

Great verb!

In your fic, you mention about a basin, but in America we usually say sink. Basin is mostly used in contruction or other professions where you need to specify the parts of a sink. Or on rare occasion when you have a large metal tub that isn't big enough for a person, but not so small that it's a bucket. I really have no idea where you're from, but I'm assuming someplace with a British influence? Do you have an American beta?

/Round and round, she goes; back and forth from silver nitrate image to carbon flesh and back./

Okay, this sounds good and deep, but I'm really not sure what the whole riff you've gone on here means. At first you seem to be talking about a life of predictable cycles that get her nowhere, then suddenly you're talking about her and a mirror image doing a back and forth cycle (which I'm not entirely sure most people would get since I'm not even sure what silver nitrate is. I've heard of it, but I'm only guessing that's supposed to be what mirrors are made of).

Unfortunately, I can't finish reading. I don't do sex fics. Unless sex has me and I'm in control of what's happening, it's just not my thing. Even if you cut out before the 'good stuff', just getting there is beyond me. But for someone who enjoys that sort of thing, this is definitely a great fic. I'm considering reading one of your other fics.

I think you're very good at writing. You know your way around a metaphor and mostly know how to infer information without being too vague. I think stilted writing you used to convey a sense of mostly stillness briefly interrupted by flashes of movement was very effective for a while, but continuing it throughout the entire story may have been taking it a little too far. I kept waiting for it to stop and for the sentences to fill out, complete, like they always do. I did notice your writing had excellent crecendos and decrecendos that were placed appropriately, especially when she started to get passionate and I had to stop reading.

Overall, good job. I'd recommend this to a friend if I knew any into X-Files.

A minor typo:

/Her skin wants to breath[e].../
BlackQueen92 chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Beautifully...

-BlackQueen-
Jerilynn chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Oh...holy...crap. It is amazing how someone who doesn't typically do the "romance" writing for Mulder and Scully managed to not only pull it off but wow the mind and eyes of a MSR diehard. You write in such a poetic way. Beautifully done. I really hope you'll write MORE like this. I really enjoyed that.
GeorgeHale chapter 1 . 9/12/2010
Outstanding, truly!
setinmotion chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
This is beautiful. The metaphors are outstanding! :)
musingsofasolipsist chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
Wow! This was beautifully written and you are a beautiful writer. I can't wait to read more of your work and read your future fics. Even if you claim you are not much of a romance writer, you definitely have potential as one. :]

*Favorite* !

Nat xx
gypsymuse chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Oh, I think you "get" them just fine; and your command of detail is astonishing. Very nice, indeed!