Reviews for Home before Midnight
Gigi-caro chapter 6 . 11/17/2010
Tooo Lazy... to sign in... :'(... gosh... I have been crying for days, I almost died yesterday... OMG... I love your story, even It's sad...

XOXO

Caritop
a chapter 6 . 2/11/2010
Over all, very good. I have never seen the movie that this was based off of but now you have inspired me too. I'm sorry that it ended saddly but at the same time it was a nice sad ending. I'ld like like it if you would try your hand at more Gundam Wing stories. Like I said, this one is very good.
Xardion chapter 6 . 10/3/2009
This was great. Sorry for not reviewing earlier, but a lot of the times, it confused me enough to lose train of thought, (not in a bad way). As a result, I wound up reading a chapter over again.

Anyway, this was great. I have yet to either see or read The Time Traveler's Wife, but this fic makes me want to know more about them now. Again, great work. _
Empress Scarlette chapter 6 . 10/1/2009
Wow. Just…wow.

I really don’t know what to feel now, my god! The most dominant emotion in me is of course sadness-and if I won’t be able to sleep tonight or if I have bulging eyes in the morning because of crying, it’s going to be your entire fault. The second most dominant emotion is…well I’m in awe of this work of yours. So magnificently done! It is beautifully complex and very involving, filled with surprises and playful inventiveness. I will not be able to forget this story very easily!

I see everybody giving scores, so I will give too: 10 out of 10 of course! *applauses*
ViciousBluesummers chapter 6 . 10/1/2009
Well, we've reached the end of our little time traveling journey with Quatre, so it's time for the final review.

Briliant, that's the only word I can think of when I finished reading this final chapter. Everything came together perfectly at the end. Everybody had a little bit closure, I think. What i'm surprised about the most here is that The Time Traveler’s Wife is obviously something for the chicks. Yet, you were able to get a hardcore punk loving anarchist such as myself into an overwhelming love story. I guess that means you're just really good at this.

I did'nt get to review chap 5, but the score for that one is 9.0/10.

Final Chapter: 10/10 (Very Well Deserved)

Sorry for being late, see you on the next one. Which reminds me, there was something I remember that got me into you're stories in the first place. I think it was called Scissored Kismets...
Pinkstriped-flamingo chapter 6 . 10/1/2009
I think I’m coherent enough now to leave a review *throws tissue paper away*.

The time I gave this fic is indeed well-spent. I read the sixth chapter last night but I really can’t figure out how to start commenting...it breaks the heart, Sprite, it really does. You put magic in each chapter and sometimes I wonder how you make your updates more surprising and better than the last. This little masterpiece is unlike any other, and you’re certified one of the greatest wordsmiths I chanced upon here. Thank you very much for the great read.

I actually read the whole thing last night and I found it more satisfying. I paid attention to the dates and I discovered how carefully laid out each part of this story is. This deserves not only a second read, but a third or even a fourth. I’ll continue recommending this to others!

Now let me tell you what I think about this chapter. “The bad news is, time flies. The good news is, you’re the pilot”. I was quite puzzled when Audrey told him that because I think, how can he be the pilot if he cannot control his travels? Only when I finished reading it did I understand he can will himself to go whenever he like if he will put his heart to it, that’s why he is able to go back to the music room to put the letter and into the future to meet old Dorothy (tell me if I’m overreading it...I’m as well so involved with this fic myself, I think).

I can almost imagine Quatre’s expression when he is saying this: “Is your mama okay in your present?” he brushed the tears that seeped from her eyes, unaware that his started flowing as well. “What’s she doing when you left? Does she know you’re going to meet me? Y-you shouldn’t worry her too much, she’s already spent a large part of her life worrying and waiting for me when I traveled...When you get back, you tell her I love her, okay? You tell her I don’t care whatever she’s going to say, and she’s going to say a lot, knowing her…but just say I love her, okay? Did she…do you have a stepdad?”

It pinched my heart and I thought that’s it for the drama...and of course I’m wrong. Quatre’s meeting with an old Dorothy really moved me. She knows he is coming and for 58 years she waited and beat Penelope’s waiting for Odysseus which lasted for only twenty years (I heard that Niffenegger compares Clare to Penelope)! I salute Dorothy’s connubial fidelity towards Quatre but I think Quatre won’t like it if he finds this out. He says it himself in the letter that he wants her to continue to love. Well, she does continue to love...HIM. Oh, life.

My favorite of course is Quatre’s death. I loved it because it made me hate you for making me depressed! The scene where he falls into Dorothy’s arms, I can feel Dorothy’s hysteria and I can hear her voice. I think Dorothy’s so IC there and god, it’s really SO depressing. Okay, honestly I did cry. That’s a good thing, ayt? And it’s because of the most heartbreaking part: when Quatre sings Dorothy the lullaby.

‘And like every scene akin to this, it was him who sang for her. He lightly touched her cheek as he hummed the notes of their love song, quickly wiping away red smears he left there with his thumb. She firmly cocooned him in her arms as if the gesture could lend him some of her strength, when in truth she was just too hesitant to let him go. He was slipping away, breath by breath, tear by tear, heartbeat by heartbeat, so, so slowly, like the sands of time seeping through the narrow center of an hourglass…

He finished the song. He lied there motionlessly, a hint of contentment on his face, as if he was just asleep and having a pleasant dream.’

This is truly a brilliant read. I have to point out for the last time that the time traveling didn’t sound too fantastical unlike any of the stories about it I’ve read before. You know, I checked some stories and explanations about time traveling and I really don’t understand some of it. Hehe, I’m glad you didn’t write anything like “Quatre’s displacement is caused by the velocity of the theory of relativity and gravitational pull of time and space while his cells are undergoing magnetic transformation blah blah blah (I KNOW I don’t make sense, science is not my strongest subj LOL)”, because I really find time travel stories with those info cheaply pretentious.

I’m echoing King Kubar’s rating: 10 out of 10. I hope you write something like this again!
soul02 chapter 6 . 9/30/2009
I KNEW IT! When i read about the gun shots i was like...i bet thats quatre coming from the future on some last whim and he just got shot. I over analyze things so i thought to myself as I was read, "why is SS making a big deal out of the kidnappings and this 'intruder' when it doesnt come into play later?" It kept bothering me and I just kinda settled on the conclusion that it was Quatre.
King Kubar chapter 6 . 9/30/2009
Truly magnificent. I nearly cried myself, nearly. But all an all a fantastic finish to a perfect story. 10 of 10, and I don't give those out easy. Well done my dear, truly well done.
Jesse-chan chapter 6 . 9/30/2009
I loved it! I normally don't like 4xD, but you sucked me in and held my attention. Excellent work. Thanks for the great fic!
j2040 chapter 6 . 9/30/2009
bravo!

I'm so touched with this chap. (Well, who would think that dorothy could wait that long XD). Good thing Q was just in time. Ow... I feel sad talaga.. ( and also what typhoon Ondoy did to our countrymen. let us all help please.)

hay... BTW, so SK is next?

Love and Peace everyone.
Patois chapter 5 . 9/25/2009
This is the mother of all twists! I didn’t see that coming! Kudos for this very good chapter! I enjoyed how you narrated the events. Usually a work with a lot of narrating (and less dialogues) turns out to be boring, but this fic is definitely an exception. Your descriptions appeal to the senses, especially the emotions conveyed by your words. I love the tale of the Prince of Clocks.

I can’t wait for the next chapter!
Pinkstriped-flamingo chapter 5 . 9/23/2009
Whoa! What a chapter! I didn’t expect that Dorothy will have some sort of disorder too, brought about by the exposure to zero system—Clare is pretty normal in the movie, perfect DNA and all. I love the tale of the Prince of Clocks...so poignant! What a twist! I can’t wait to read more! Kep onn!

“Don’t leave me, please. I’ll die without you.”

“I promise to send flowers to your funeral.”

That’s so cruel! *sniffs*

PS: Got the Imaggi! I'll read Broken Vestiges during my break time.
Empress Scarlette chapter 5 . 9/23/2009
My God! I didn’t see that coming! I think I can’t give you a sterling review now..I can’t wait for the next chapter! I think I know what the “trivial” thing is… Hurry up and post the last installment! (LOL, jk, take your time!)

BTW, this latest chapter just put it in my faves! Congratz!
King Kubar chapter 5 . 9/23/2009
Nice, I like the twist. This is awesome to read.
f U n N i E b O n E s 2K chapter 5 . 9/22/2009
Whoa whoa whoa! The whole prince of clocks notion came out of nowhere! I must admit I enjoyed the bit of angst there brought on by the surprising new twist! I'll have to say I prefer them in their adult states. The relationship is very developed here. Of course we know they belong together - but it's in the how they make it work, the stuff, the substance that I want to read.