Reviews for A Rich Kid With Issues
AlithiaSigma chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
It's not an odd place to draw the line at all. DCAU Batman and Wonder Woman were made to be paired, DCU Batman is just too... Antisocial.

Nice summary of Batman's concerns.
mbembet chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Bruce loves Diana
nuff said
Midnight Equinox chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
a thorough backround check on the guy who will date wonder woman is just his way of being friendly. totally. he totally won't be jealous
kobez2.0 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
This was a fantastic little fic. well thought out and superb;ly well written, although I felt like you overused the exclamation point! In my personal opinion Batman's funniest moments in the JLU series didn't have as much to do with his lines as it did with the delivery of said lines.

Known Unknown chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
Ah, poor Bats. The one thing that always bothered me about the DCAU is, even though Batman Beyond was great, it's existence set his future in stone already. That makes his thing with Wonder Woman kind of sad, in a way. He may or may not find love, but in the end it doesn't matter so muc because we know he's going to end up a bitter, alone miser.

Who was Kathy DuQuesne? I must have missed that episode. He did have that thing with Lois Lane, though she's taken. And your comment about Catwoman makes me curse The New Batman Adventures yet again (once for Mr. Freeze, once for the character designs (except Scarecrow's), and lastly an enormous for starting the whole "compassionless Batman" thing in the DCAU, though Justice League at least thankfully avoided that).
Amanthya chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
"I chose to assume that the newer recruits didn’t need to know and weren’t told."

Yeah, me too. It was nice to see this, a detailed but not too wordy look at why romance is just so dang complicated for him in general. And it truly is. Though it would have been cool to see a little more thoughts on why he won't get close to Diana, knowing her motives are pure. It was funny though, this line: "But all that will be done strictly out of friendly concern for the tender heart of a valued comrade-in-arms, naturally!"

I really enjoyed this, thanks for posting. _
A Hack chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
An interesting look into Batman's mind, with some nice points raised regarding his relationships. A bit surprising that you didn't bring up the contrast with Superman, who's essentially working class and devoted to only one woman. Also, Veronica Vreeland would have been a good example of the 'rich playgirl' type that Bruce Wayne had to deal with.

The overview of his dating history is pretty bleak, isn't it? He's attracted to strong, independent women, but they always seem to have some kind of catch. As if his incalculable control issues wouldn't be enough of a roadblock in a relationship. In retrospect, it becomes understandable why he would allow a relationship to start with Barbara Gordon(!) of all people in DCAU continuity.

And it's not odd to draw a line between the two continuities. What works in one doesn't necessarily work in the other due to the way the two worlds evolved. The DCU is always ongoing, and a romance between the two would raise all sorts of editing and continuity problems, I'm sure. In the DCAU, there' a little more room to move.
Chaosmob chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I have to totally disagree with you on your last A/N. DC dropped the ball on those two. They are so a like but so different. Like Yin and Yang. You can't have one without the other.

Having her pine after a married man in the DCU is pathetic and hurts her standing as an Iconic female hero. She is a role model for females. And Bruce's romances in the comics are just as bad. First Catwoman is a villain then suddenly she is an anti-hero?

Bruce needs someone like Diana to bring hope and love to his dark and dangerous world. And who is going to hurt WW? Second strongest meta in the DC Universe?

Just like Superman and Batman are almost best of friends because they complement each others weaknesses, Bruce and Diana do the same.

Just my rant, other wise I enjoy the peek into your batman's mind. ;)

Keep up the interesting writing Lorendiac.

Chaosmob :)
Kyer chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Oddly enough, of all the Leaguers, Wally is probably the best one to offer advice (I'm talking comics and not the animated.) He was filthy rich, but lost it all and ended up penniless on the streets for awhile, then ended up middle class with a tight budget.

He's been a callous playboy and a devout husband who treasures his wife above everything else.

"Bats, you're a fool. Take it from me-I've been played that part. You find a woman you love fiercely with your whole soul and who loves you right back the same way-and not just lust for, mind you-you grab her like she's the most important thing in the universe and you hold on like existence depends on it. You know why? Because it does."