Reviews for A Place Called The Forbidden City
yingfa07 chapter 32 . 6/23
That's was a great story!

Actually I'm glad that Syaoran isn't emperor! It's really not that Syaoran completely wanted to be emperor!

Good job!

Yingfa07
b2utifulshawol chapter 32 . 3/7
I've followed and read this story before I even had an account years back. So today, I visited the Forbidden City in Beijing and I almost instantly remembered this. And while I was walking around, I couldn't help but picture out the events in the story actually happening there where I stand. I'd look at the halls and watch the scenarios play out in my mind. :) And I found out there was actually an emperor named Yongzheng, and there really was an empress who hanged herself when the Forbidden City was attacked. Sorry for the worthless review, I'm just glad to know there were actual facts in this story :)
I really love the way you write! I think it's nice that he wasn't emperor anymore. History has told of many kings and only few of them got to be happy. Royalties enjoy a lot of things but they have to contend with power, blood, jealousy and intrigue. I'm not sure what time this plot is set in but moving to HK is a good decision. Hahahahaha
JokerAtWork chapter 32 . 2/25
The story was beautiful. I was worried going into it, you said that it was a tragedy. But although some things tragic occurred, the story was more a fairytale in that sense. Thank you for the happily ever after.
I like how the characters seemed to change and mature throughout the story. I was pleasantly surpirsed because even when she was being a b*tch almost all of the story and she did some really bad and selfish things I somehow felt bad for Meilin, she was lonely and I do believe she didn't do all those things only to be the empress but she also loved her husband very much and was desperate for his attention and love.
I also found Syaoran's character very interesting, sometimes I'd felt bad for him because Sakura didn't love him back and on other times I felt scare of him and wanted her to get away from him, but all and all I like how they relationship developed and the ending and the whole story so kudos to you :)
Luna chapter 32 . 1/7
A wonderful work with beautiful historical notes and a fearlessness in representing the good, bad, and ugly of court-life. Though more detail and development could have been appreciated and more insight into original characters like Li Sheng and Enlai would have been better, the story overall was well paced, well plotted, and well written. I have very much enjoyed this work.

Congratulations and bravo!
hannahchuu chapter 32 . 1/1
The story is really good. This is the second history-CCS fanfic I ever read and I love it. I really do. I like how Syaoran developed his character from being ruthless to caring. (y) Good job with the story!
Aira Branford chapter 9 . 10/2/2014
Using Kudasai in sentences like this is grammatically and stylistically incorrect. You must use Onegai if you want Sakura to say "please".
Also it's very strange to see how Chinese talk to each other using japanese honorifics.
YuiSeoMugi chapter 32 . 9/27/2014
This was beautiful. I liked the development of each character. Though it's sad that some of the characters I liked had died, I really loved how the story ended. I love happy endings, and thanks for giving SxS a perfect ending in this story. :)
rosedreamer101 chapter 11 . 8/5/2014
This chapter makes me hate Sakura. What an unfaithful whore. After being warned numerous times to stay away from Yukito, she still tries to get with him. Seriously? & the "Oh I love Syaoran and Yukito". I hate heroines like that. She barely knows either of them. Grow up.
Valkyrie85 chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Hello hello :) I am a huge fan of Chinese historical dramas, especially ones that take place behind the walls of the royal palaces where the concubines of the emperor fight for the love of the emperor. I am also a writer on ff who tried on many occasions to write a story that takes place in the ancient China times. However, my attempts come without much success because I cannot portray the images in my head clearly with words. So, I gave up. I accidentally stumbled upon your story today and I just read the first chapter. It's absolutely wonderful so far! I am so excited to read the rest of the story and I will share my thoughts with you as I go on reading, if you don't mind :)
StarElsie chapter 32 . 7/15/2014
Yay! That was a pretty good ending but I sometimes wonder if Touya would ever like Nakuru back.
StarElsie chapter 31 . 7/15/2014
Yay! They married
StarElsie chapter 9 . 7/15/2014
Yay! They finally made love
lunarwing chapter 32 . 6/16/2014
Hey there!

This story was amazing! yo really know how to tell a story :) and I really like that you used syaoran and sakura as your main couple as they are my favourite couple ever XD Well done and keep it up!