Reviews for No Good Deed
SHUTDOWNNOW chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Wow! I must confess I was pretty much blown away by this lastest addition to your ever increasing Cranford fics! You really captured the essence of The eldest Miss Tompkinson!

I will add this one to the Community, don't worry!
theHuntgoeson chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
Another of your wonderful insights into different aspects of life in Cranford, this time focusing on a character who is usually left on the sidelines and whose deeper emotions are left unprobed. What a moving account this is, of Augusta's self-sacrifice for her sister, her loneliness and depression on finding herself alone after Caroline's marriage, her views of the events in Cranford (the vignette of the ladies talking of Mr Holbrook's illness is particularly moving), her contentions with cruel gossips who do not understand her, and her interaction with her friends and neighbours, sharing their sorrows but unable to share her own, except with the compassionate Reverend Hutton. Thank you for that touching glimpse of the Rev, who in the series is often so stern, yet here is shown with such gentleness. A tiny view of Miss Galindo, too, not as our romantic heroine but as fashion adviser to the village. And that final reminder of mortality and loneliness sends us away with sadness, but also with hope. Beautiful.