Reviews for A Different Dursley Family
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 13 . 9/23
I love the story, and the Dursleys and Harry being a Hufflepuff and all, but I'm not the hugest fan of the Draco-centricness. I think it takes away from Harry and will probably follow that worn path of Harry standing up for poor Malfoy and bonding and eh yeah. I so loved the Dursley changes!
Kknd2 chapter 11 . 9/7
Heck yeah! Motivated Healer (Because screw trusting those hacks with him and the people he cares about!) Malfoy sounds awesome! It's a motivation to do and be something meaningful that'll give hims a productive goal for his school years. Also kudos for having two clear inciting incidents for his choice here. First having the limits of magical healing shown clearly to him, then having it (as far as he knows) directly come to hurt him and his. Few things motivate people as effectively as that.

I suspect it'll be an awkward moment if/when Harry and Draco realize he met Petunia that way. Which makes me look forward to that potential.
Kknd2 chapter 8 . 9/7
You know, this chapter is a perfect example of the misunderstandings Dumbledore's information control doctrine causes. Everything McGonagall thinks is reasonable... for the information she has. Information that is deliberately incomplete and not through her own fault. Yeah, part of that is inherent bias. I get that considering how many things a wizards magic makes trivial to extremely high standards. (Cleaning, mending/maintaining clothes, furniture ect.) But the contrast between how she saw the Dursleys here, and the reality we've seen from their perspective shouldn't be this stark. Only the information control about the Dursleys by Dumbledore (and his manipulations by claiming 'he won't have an easy life') accounts for what we see here.
RevDorothyL chapter 13 . 6/20
A fascinating start!
okay so I fully acknowledge the last update date but still wanted to say I enjoy this greatly and enjoy the thought of a Draco who is effectively on the path to redemption from nothing more than sheer horror at the idea of how badly medical spells can go wrong. I would say I'd like to see where this goes but, knowing my own WIPs long abandoned, you would likely just think "same".
AerynS chapter 1 . 4/14
The premise is good, but the story seems unfinished. Are you planning to add more or is this it?
Sakura Snape-Malfoy chapter 13 . 3/31
Great story so far. I look forward to when you're able to update this story.

I have a feeling that Draco will be re-sorted either into Ravenclaw or Slytherin. I'm sure that Dumbledore will try to have Harry put in Gryffindor. I could see Harry telling the hat that if he can't stay in Hufflepuff then he would rather be in Slytherin. I'm sure if the hat did that then Dumbledore and McGonagall would have heart attacks.
Denz-El chapter 9 . 3/12
The tortoise lives! :D

Love this fic by the way! :D Great premise and characterizations! :D

GOD Bless, keep up the Good Work, and keep moving forward! :D Amen! :D
thomas lee the hedgehog chapter 13 . 3/10
Please update
Guest chapter 13 . 12/25/2018
I kind of wish potter manor was completely fine just sealed shut till he's 17. And he owns the house in godrics hallow so he wasn't paid he should get it back and have it fixed. If he killed the basilisk that he can sell it for lots of money. And the RoR has lots of books, jewels etc.
ChiruKaio chapter 13 . 7/30/2018
How could Draco be this stupid? I mean he should already knew that he need to live with them
But okay he seems to be a Gryffindor.

Dumbledore I want to strangle. How could you let a child lie on the door steps in autumn and beliving that it won't be a loving environment. And to not help the Dursleys even if he is his magical guardian.

I hope Vernon and Petunia will get to know fast about Sirius wrong imprisionment. At least if Severus can overcome his traumata from school.

McGonagall seams to be the new old Snape? How can she be this prejudice!? She shouldn't be this ignorant as to see that Petunia need medical help since she still use a wheelchair. Second I think that Harry and Ryan wear the same sort of clothing. To call something rags or that something isn't as clean. Fucking bitch people living in this home with children. There won't be help from house elves or magic. If there would be something like a difference between the kids but this way no! I really hope she does something to let Harry explode with the truthe. That they did love him and did buy everything he would need even without much money and that they could not move out and in a more friendly area because of such stupid wards put there because of the protection for him and the family even if the neighbourhood did badmouth them... Argh I start to hate the woman in this fic...

There are only few stories where I can like thw Dursley Family much.

Can't wait for more.
Guest chapter 13 . 7/30/2018
Great story! Hope you come back to it sometime now that you have set such an intriguing scene.
Guest chapter 10 . 7/30/2018
If you ever review your story I recommend putting a bit more detail into this chapter as it is quite frustratingly thin as it is as it comprises Draco running home from the hospital & Harry spending time in the garage (why mention this at all?) followed by Harry going to the bank with zero information about what happens there. What was the point of this chapter except to inform us that Draco missed his grandfather who died of a muggle disease, and therefore not very interesting?
AkaDeca chapter 13 . 7/29/2018
Please update this! This was such a good chapter! It has been 5 years and this must go on! Someone adopt and tell me when they do.
AkaDeca chapter 12 . 7/29/2018
Sad that he isn’t in Gryffinodor. But please update! This is so good!
1,272 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »