Reviews for A Different Dursley Family
TLTLI chapter 13 . 9/7
Lovely
Draco is a monomaniacal personality in grande dame style. He's the Auntie Mame of Wizworld. The whole family is adorable, in an Addams Family sort of way.
oregonbird chapter 8 . 9/2
Oh, that's brilliant. When two worlds collide! Parading a literally marked child through the middle of town on your enemies' timetable - I bet he would have been mobbed. Not to mention it's an obvious power move as well as the security risk; what does D gain by taunting the opposition? and all Petunia's objections as well! Its so satisfying when someone with talent brings the atavistic weirdness which is the magical mind to life as part of the action. It takes some solid world-building, and I think you've got that nailed.

If you can bend physical reality, why can't you walk past 'consequences' by bending reality and the time path? Wizarding past the quantum level, without even noticing it. Would explain why McG is so dismissive- she understands her craft, and knows she can change reality just by interacting with it. Consequences are literally for other people. But if she wasn't so powerful and child-stealing, it would be amusing that McG and her lot are geared to a society operating at 'Housewives of Upper Surrey' level.
red-jacobson chapter 13 . 8/15
Very enjoyable story, and I hope your muse decides to come back to it, I'd love to know what happens next.

Red
Kashagal and Natures Ruler chapter 13 . 4/27
K: I've read a few of your stories and have enjoyed almost all of them! I hope this story catches your interest again and gets an update someday, along with many of your other short stopped stories.
This is weird. In England it used to be common for even teenagers tp have some alcohol on occasions. Wizards serve butterbeer to teens and firewiskey as sson as you're an adult. There is no way that culturally Lily's parents would object to alcohol consumption by their adult kids..s
K1P1 chapter 13 . 2/9
I'm enjoying this story and hope there are new chapters soon!
Bronze chapter 4 . 1/19
Now, these Dursleys have more brain cells than the ones JKR made up for her books! Those three should've been spending quality time in one of Her Majesty's prisons! I think that Fumblemort is most likely lying to Petunia and Vernon about the Blood Wards. It wouldn't surprise me if the ward stone could be moved and the wards reestablished on another home. However, Fumblemort doesn't want them to move and have to go through all that bother. Not to mention that living there is stressful and he may be hoping that combined with the little tweak to the wards he's done will make them turn on Harry.
Bronze chapter 3 . 1/19
How much of Petunias' problem is how she was raised and how much is due to Fumblemorts' manipulations? He did say there were people out to kill Harry if they could find him after all. Thus the old fraud likely put up wards to supposedly protect Harry and the Dursleys'. But did he also tweak them a bit to make them amplify any anger towards Harry? I'm thinking of a sort of feedback loop that only gets stronger the longer it's in place.
Bronze chapter 1 . 1/19
I've never read this story before but I like it. This one of a few that I've read where the Dursleys aren't a total waste of space and air. It seems that Fumblemort may've actually done better for Harry than he realized. I'll have to wait till I've read more to be sure though.
slytherinsal chapter 13 . 12/24/2019
entertaining start
PinkMusicalCherry chapter 13 . 9/23/2019
I love the story, and the Dursleys and Harry being a Hufflepuff and all, but I'm not the hugest fan of the Draco-centricness. I think it takes away from Harry and will probably follow that worn path of Harry standing up for poor Malfoy and bonding and eh yeah. I so loved the Dursley changes!
Kknd2 chapter 11 . 9/7/2019
Heck yeah! Motivated Healer (Because screw trusting those hacks with him and the people he cares about!) Malfoy sounds awesome! It's a motivation to do and be something meaningful that'll give hims a productive goal for his school years. Also kudos for having two clear inciting incidents for his choice here. First having the limits of magical healing shown clearly to him, then having it (as far as he knows) directly come to hurt him and his. Few things motivate people as effectively as that.

I suspect it'll be an awkward moment if/when Harry and Draco realize he met Petunia that way. Which makes me look forward to that potential.
Kknd2 chapter 8 . 9/7/2019
You know, this chapter is a perfect example of the misunderstandings Dumbledore's information control doctrine causes. Everything McGonagall thinks is reasonable... for the information she has. Information that is deliberately incomplete and not through her own fault. Yeah, part of that is inherent bias. I get that considering how many things a wizards magic makes trivial to extremely high standards. (Cleaning, mending/maintaining clothes, furniture ect.) But the contrast between how she saw the Dursleys here, and the reality we've seen from their perspective shouldn't be this stark. Only the information control about the Dursleys by Dumbledore (and his manipulations by claiming 'he won't have an easy life') accounts for what we see here.
RevDorothyL chapter 13 . 6/20/2019