Reviews for Observations
kmg58 chapter 128 . 3/16/2013
Loved the Firefly reference! Good chapter, thought the way you brought the conversation from the beginning of the chapter back and then added the additional dialogue from McCoy was great.
Ochusu chapter 15 . 3/8/2013
Lmafo "Mr. Scott decided his time was best put to use by replicating 535 corned beef sandwiches and transporting them to various points in space. "
Jessica chapter 28 . 2/8/2013
I love your story so far. It's fantastic, in character and just really well written. I seriously admire your skills. I just have one thing. It wasn't his step dad. It was his uncle. There is a deleted scene you can find on youtube that clears up the identity of the jerk wad yelling at him. :D Seriously love this though.
Dznerchick chapter 263 . 2/2/2013
Awesome work! I absolutely loved it - the character build up, the pacing... Truly a piece of work you should be proud of! 262 chapters - WOW! And so worth the read! Thank you so much for sharing it!
Anna chapter 64 . 1/25/2013
Holy pop culture allusions, Batman! Personally, I liked the line Sulu borrowed from Firefly best. :D
Anna chapter 56 . 1/25/2013
"The Most Dangerous Game" IN SPACE! How cool is that? *literature nerdgasm* *considers word choice* I really wish there was a less crass way of putting it.
adrianazerionu chapter 263 . 1/24/2013
Thank you.
Miseris chapter 263 . 1/12/2013
This is... beyond amazing. I've got no words. The characterisation, the flow, the sheer quality of the writing is both inspiring and, put simply, a joy to read. Without a doubt, this is one of (if not the best) fanfiction I've ever read. There's a million and one things I can say, but I think I'll leave it as... Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for writing something so amazing.
ChocoMoti chapter 263 . 1/11/2013
I just finished reading "Observations" and I felt I had to give you some form of feedback. I am not confident in my English, but I hope I can express my thoughts and feelings well enough for you to understand me.

Your story is definitely the best fanfiction I've read so far, and that's saying something. It was the best, because you’ve made a big effort to write this. You presented arguments, reflections and discussed themes that I believe everyone should think about every once in a while. I reviewed my principles and point of view on life throughout the story, and I was glad to find that yours matched mine in so many ways, because sometimes I grow tired and frustrated with people and lose my faith in humanity. And then little things like a nice gesture of a stranger, or reading your story makes me remember that there is good in everyone, that there is hope for a better world, and to have faith and stand strong.

I am not saying that my point of view is better than anyone else’s, because there is always one or multiple reasons for someone to defend an idea/principle, but what I believe is missing in our individuals is a reflection upon the choice we made or are about to make, the consideration of their consequences for ourselves and the ones around us, and the will to change, admit the wrong doing and work for the improvement of ourselves. I believe that your story can incite those actions on the reader.

I thank you for sharing this great story with the world and admire you for doing what I always thought about but couldn’t (wasn’t and am not willing to) do, and that’s sharing my thoughts on the net and send something good in to the world and hope that something changes for the reader.

I don’t know if you’ll ever get to read this, or if you disagree with anything I’ve said, or if I misinterpreted you, but I just had to get this out of my system. :)
kid chapter 263 . 1/11/2013
I am not very good at writting in english, but I feel the need to give a feedback, becaus this
hentai18ancilla chapter 124 . 1/3/2013
Very profound chapter, I think you covered all sides of homosexuality (perspectives that is) very well. One thing I saw to those biased narrow-minded people is this, "If mother Nature is so perfect and against it then why is homosexuality seen in nature across species?" Then from the historical perspective of marriage and love...our Western society is based on the Greco-Roman and the Greeks did not believe that a real relationship could exist between opposite sexes since women were thought to be such base thoughtless imperfect creatures. Then the convention of marriage was not about forming a family and finding love but contracts and obligations with gaping age differences. No, those who site me history are easy to prove wrong.

The thing is, they don't want to listen. They don't care about facts, they are are just closed. While others call me shallow for only caring because I think the idea of two men together is hot (can't say I don't) I really am offended by such discriminatory behavior. Well, to be fair, perhaps I'm a tad homophobic since large butch lesbians scare me and I feel they don't have the constitutional right to grope me 'just because' but everyone has a right to live the life they please.

You don't have to be gay to protest, and I think many people turn a deaf ear because it's not their cause. Adoption cases get denied when heterosexual men are most likely to sexually abuse/violate minors.

Preconceptions...
Guest chapter 263 . 12/13/2012
This is one of the best stories I've ever read, not just on but in published books too. You are a brilliant writer. If you aren't already a published author, I hope that you become one; you'd be doing the world a favor. :D
FanoraJane chapter 128 . 12/11/2012
yay! firefly reference. My fav scene too : )
readinggirl1989 chapter 262 . 11/6/2012
fun. and really really long. which is awesome. so thanks :)
distracted122 chapter 262 . 11/1/2012
As I was reading this story, and saw all the trials and tribulations that these characters over came, one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite writers came to mind, "Be it life or death, we crave reality. If we are dying, let us hear the rattle in our throats and feel the cold in our extremities; if we live, let us go about our business," Henry David Thoreau. No matter what happened to them they lived, they went about their business and when they got knocked down they never stayed down.

I have felt so many things while reading this and so many things touched my heart. Spock's resolve not to repeat the same mistake with Jim that he made with his mother...that whole chapter touched me deeply. When he was remembering the few tangible things they had to remember her by...the scarf, pencil, a picture...it broke my heart. I wept for Spock and his father because you made these characters so real to me.

I loved your take on the City on the Edge of Forever. The decision that Jim had to make was a difficult one. But the fact he made it and lived with it shows the strength of his character.

I loved how when Spock and Jim were in the melds they kept going back to New York. I kept hoping that while in the meld we would get a rewrite of the subway scene. Maybe with a Risky Business take. That would have been...ugh hot. :)

I could go on and on about how wonderful this story was. It took me on a journey and it taught me a lot about love and relationships and life. Life is in the struggle. People have a hard time seeing that, but if you've ever truly been wounded that struggle to keep going...to find reason in madness and pain...its all to real and it's a reality that we live with everyday to some degree.

You are truly talented. I tried to read your other story Two Summers but it was to painful and I had to stop, but thats only because you are unflinching in writing reality, and sometimes thats tough to read, but it also shows how good you are and how honest you are with what you writer. And if you've never been published you should be.

I just want to close by saying that at the end of the stroy...at the bonding...Jim's vows were just so him...so true to character...so touchingly funny. And the fact that you finally had Spock say what he had thought so many times through this story...even before he admitted he loved Jim was the perfect expression of his love.

This read was bittersweet, but so is life and love. You captured the beauty and the reality of that perfectly. Please keep writing and let us know when you get published. I'll be first in line to but it.
1,269 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »