Reviews for Observations
just me chapter 263 . 3/9/2012
Thank You.
nn-n1e chapter 263 . 3/1/2012
i love star trek 'n i like to read slash, i never imagine there is a masterpiece story for

jim/Spock pairing before i read this. the first story i read for those pairing was unsatisfactory

that's why i stopped searching slash of star trek. but accidentally i stumble this 'Observations'

from favorite stories of DB2020. the building characters (their happiness, their sorrow, their

interactions) 'n the story flow is amazing, spock just like spock i imagine, jim just like a wild

'n strong individual. the first chapter i read i thought this will be a light reading

but u bring my emotion from slow to glad then laugh and then sadness (i really do cry when

spock found after the incident of chapter 239 'n how he coup after that) but i'm glad u make a

happy ending, i love this ending, at least finally i can smile for both of them.

sorry for my rambling, but i really want to say that u make me want to hunt more story of them

i hope at least other story as half as good as yours. i'll remember this story as

the best fic of jim/spock slash.

thank very much for writing 'n sharing this story

Live long and prosper
flyingptarmigan chapter 112 . 2/15/2012
AHHHHHH

This story has been absolutely EPIC and AMAZING.

The writing has been unbelievably good - I love how you depict how Spock and Kirk's relationship grows. You also integrate the new crew into the original TOS episodes really well - your take on City on the Edge of Forever is fantastic. THis is a WONDERFUL FIC OF AMAZINGNESS.
YinTwin4 chapter 263 . 2/11/2012
Absolutely Incredible. Thank you!
ilyena damodred chapter 262 . 2/8/2012
this wasn't sci-fi/romance, it was angst/angst.
Seraphim222 chapter 261 . 2/4/2012
Wow, just wow. You good sir or madam have an amazing talent. If I were just to praise the skill and faculty with which you capture the characters of such an iconic show, it wouldn't be but a modicum of the praise you deserve. What is truly outstanding and impressive is the way in which you capture a keystone of the human experience...in this chapter embodied an emotion, it may sound corny but you have touched a soul...thank you. P.S. this review would be soooo much more enthusiastic if I were permitted tow swear.
Strix 4 chapter 1 . 2/4/2012
Hemingway once said, "All you need to do is write one true sentence". Just one, and that makes you a writer of merit. But this. What you've accomplished here is page upon page of sentences, ringing with Hemingway's truth, and I find myself just destroyed in the wake of it. I found this story by chance, after clicking through the recommendations of others to alleviate my boredom. I can honestly say I've never read a more accomplished work in any fandom, on any website. Some novels I have enjoyed have not been nearly as complete, as engaging as this.

It isn't perfect. Your prose is packed with darkness, and pain, and all of the gritty rawness that makes a story great by virtue of its reality. At times, the text became almost unbearable, and I had to walk away from it for a while, because the alternative was an emotional cataclysm that terrified me. But never, not once, even in spite of all that fear, did I find anything you wrote unnecessary. Rather, it was all completely, perfectly relevant to the world you created, even at its emotionally worst. As a writer, I know that this is a nearly impossible thing to accomplish, and I am in awe at how seamlessly you manage it.

You don't forget people. As someone fascinated by group dynamics, I am often dismayed by stories that let the supporting characters fall to wayside for the sake of the big love story, the catastrophic event, etc. But while your story is undoubtedly focused on the relationship between Spock and Jim, you never make it feel like they're the only players on the stage. Instead, you weave the threads that connect all of the characters together, so tightly that your last two chapters left me nearly paralyzed by the bittersweet feeling of losing family. And your character voices are perfect; seamless and smooth. I never doubted your narrator, never stepped outside the voice to contemplate the author's intentions. As someone who has studied literature seemingly forever, I can tell you rare an occurrence this is for me.

Sorry to wax poetic all over your review page. But the feelings you inspired apparently needed an outlet. Bravo, truly. I will be recommending the hell out of this to anyone who ever asks me for a good story.
Cian Keita chapter 263 . 2/2/2012
One of the best reads of my life, no joke.
halfAsoul chapter 210 . 1/21/2012
this chapter is insanity...and now i wanna speak and write in rhym thank you very much :P

that mustve taken forever to write. its so amazing!
halfAsoul chapter 104 . 1/18/2012
hell ya you tell it jim!
Feonix chapter 101 . 1/18/2012
...this transition is gonna hurt my head, i just know it.
halfAsoul chapter 92 . 1/18/2012
...they live together... theyre... 'normal'. why is this so easy to imagin now?
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 87 . 1/17/2012
Not to nit-pick or anything, but I noticed that you used the term Carbon dating as the method to determine the age of the planet for billions of years. You might want to edit it and just add in 'Radiometric dating'. Carbon dating is not used for measuring anything over 50,000 years since the half-life of carbon-14 is around 5,000 years. I just wanted to point that out, sorry if it's being nit-picky.

Still love the story!
Kris chapter 263 . 11/19/2011
Thoughtfully crafted, beautifully executed.
Kris chapter 230 . 11/18/2011
A helpful recommendation at this point. I was caught up in the intensity.
1,269 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »