Reviews for Observations
AiMila chapter 56 . 9/18/2015
...how interesting...this people is speaking castellano
AiMila chapter 44 . 9/17/2015
im telling u it really sounds like a marriage proposal to bind souls for eternity
and for some reason i like it
Professor Hyraxi chapter 263 . 9/6/2015
Gosh, this was long (and good!) Thanks for the entertainment!
thisisup-upisno chapter 263 . 8/23/2015
I have so many feelings about this piece.
I think the parts that resonated the most with me were the five bullets. That it's okay to use a crutch to get to where you're going, because the only thing that matters is the getting there. That sometimes journeys are long and difficult and sometimes it's hard to remember why you're walking through the icy Siberian tundra to begin with. Five bullets, five more minutes, and five more, shift after shift after shift - step by step you get there.
My favorite moment, in this whole entire monstrosity, was when you made that distinction between what your loved ones do and what you do for yourself. Love is not the be all, end all, cure all. Hope is not rational. But it is necessary.
Thank you for having the courage to say this. There were pieces of it I think I really needed to hear.
thisisup-upisno chapter 1 . 8/23/2015
Wow. For comparison purposes, I went back from chapter 203. Such a difference. But that reminded me, what was the incident that happened to change Uhura's opinion of the captain? I'm achingly curious.
thisisup-upisno chapter 163 . 8/22/2015
I love it when people understand this about Bones. He's such a genuine creature. I can say absolutely he would say these things. Ugh, I love Bones.
thisisup-upisno chapter 138 . 8/22/2015
Oh NO.
thisisup-upisno chapter 123 . 8/22/2015
I don't have an awesome feeling about this 'fire'...
Or how terrified Spock is of himself. I realize that's practically part of his character, but it still hurts to see it, even so understated
That said, this is one of the best Spock voices I've ever read. I didn't even notice that you were writing in first person until like chapter five, it was so seamless.
And I realize that Jim is not in the habit of hiding anything from his family or his crew, but his inability to see Spock's point of view here is a little grating. He's private, he wants to keep it on the down-low to not only be more comfortable, but to keep the both of them out of trouble. (And because he's afraid, whatever.) Respect it, Jim. Come on. Not that hard.
tin24634 chapter 263 . 7/3/2015
Rereading this story right now the second time and more and more amazed. Wanted to let you know that it is an exceptional piece. Wonder how much research you did on all the background, wonder what you experienced to write these emotions, wonder if I will ever get so eloquent in writing, wish I could find the words. Just hope that you ... live prosper. thanks tin
klmdreams44 chapter 128 . 5/17/2015
Firefly? D
tanseynz chapter 262 . 5/7/2015
So much love and patience, so much pain and loss - this was exhausting to read at one level, cathartic and thought provoking at many others. Your characters showed the sort of intestinal fortitude I believe is rare, yet they were still very human (and Vulcan) in a fundamental way. Imo this is a story to be read and reread because I doubt anyone will get the full flavour just once.
BlueMoonChaos chapter 15 . 2/28/2015
Awesome chapter! Probably my favorite one so far! Who wouldn't want to play paintball on a starship? That's equivalent to practically every paintballer's ultimate dream! :)
varthanaa chapter 32 . 2/4/2015
Lovely..
cyner2u chapter 263 . 1/8/2015
This has been an incredible journey. The unbelievable amount of thought put into art, linguistics, and mathematics complemented and solidified this story in a way I didn't expect. Spock and Jim's relationship rings true and I loved the use of tv episodes.
All in all I really recommend this story. My only complaint involves the highly abstract chapters that tended to break the flow of the story and distracted from plotlines and issues previously brought up.

Side note:
1. As a Russian speaker, I found Pavel's Russian snippets charming.

2. I have no idea why the movies claim Russians can't pronounce 'v.' Russians can say v just fine. They have words like volk (wolf), volshebnik (wizard/magician), vyna (war) They're actually incapable of pronouncing 'w' sounds and don't have w in their alphabet.
werewolf6780 chapter 263 . 12/24/2014