Reviews for Observations
RoeBoat chapter 40 . 8/26/2009
(*jaw drops*)

Wow. That was... spectacular.

Although your summary states that this story is Spock's commentary on Jim, I feel like it's just as much an insight into his own personality and characterization. You excelled very much at this, and it was not only pleasant to read, but really got me thinking.

I think the characters listed in the story's information are mislabeled, for I feel like Jim, as the primary study (vocally... like I said, this definitely includes lots of insight on Spock) of the Observations referred to in the title include him more than it would seem. You might want to add Jim, and not just because of the latter reasons- more exposure to mindless fangirls such as myself that way, for we Jim freaks needed a good story like this (with no pairings, might I add, my favorite!- with only friendships)

I also liked the way it played through- with certain story arcs here and there, still connecting to the general idea of the piece. My favorite was probable one of the last ones (dealing with Tarsus IV... I'm a sucker for Angsty!Jim, which is why I've included it into my Hurt!Jim community, which also features that).

Although I read your profile and COMPLETELY understand why you may or may not update again because of your schedule, I can't help but hope that you update again soon, because this was truly a (er... ignore the cliche) FASCINATING story to read.

Bravo. I can't wait to see what you come up with next, whether it's related to this story or not.

-Marty :-D
RachelMarta chapter 15 . 8/26/2009
What an amazingly intelligent, articulate story. Your dialogue is spot on. You capture Spock's inner thinking perfectly. I love how strong Jim is and how supportive McCoy is. Spock is observing and willing to learn and change. I enjoyed the detail surrounding their missions and how hard Jim is working to know his crew and his desire to keep them safe. I have only read through Chapter 15 but will now read further with great anticipation. Well done. Thank you.
ewientje chapter 40 . 8/26/2009
I've finished till chapter 40, wow this is good, and I agree with an other poster, you should get more reviews.
bohemian-rhapsodi chapter 40 . 8/25/2009
hooray for thoughtful Spock! loving it, don't stop anytime soon!
Raspberries-Vanilla chapter 39 . 8/25/2009
oh my.

this has to be one of the most interesting fanfics that i have ever read in this fandom so far. this is up there with the amount of dedication and excellent work of "Home" by Laena and Inell's "Two Men and a Motorbike" & "Two Men and a Spaceship" series.

your work towards a balance between ST:XI and TOS is really really good. your working with what is known and creating something that is incredible to read. i can't believe that this only has four reviews, its incredible to read.

Most stories in Spock's point of view are hard to write and are written porrly at times, but you have it down good, better than most. I cannot wait to continue reading this and waiting for the conclusion of this story.
Osa chapter 37 . 8/25/2009
Wonderful analysis of all of the characters. You have integrated the two universes with delicate accuracy and understanding. I raely read anything until it is finished as so many authors simply allow events to remain hanging, but I really am glad I read this. Hope you get more chapters upo soon.
Danahid chapter 37 . 8/25/2009
I do not have an account, and I don't think I have ever reviewed a story here. But I could not *not* review this. It is fascinatingly well-written, keenly observed, carefully plotted. I am impressed by your work, surprised (in a good way) by some of the plot choices you made, interested and intrigued by where you might go next. Is there more to come?
bohemian-rhapsodi chapter 37 . 8/25/2009
This is amazing! You have such a flair for picking Spock's reactions to various situations. It's funny, gut wrenching, exciting, suspenseful, imaginative and beautiful, all in one package!

Wow, this is an emotive review... in any case, I hope there's much more to come!
ewientje chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I just found this story, only finished chapter 1 so far, haven't got the time now to read further, but I will tonight. Story looks good and enjoyable.
1,269 | « Prev Page 1 .. 75 82 83 84 85