Reviews for Observations
thablueGRRL chapter 5 . 12/28/2013
Spock was again very in-character, especially with his Vulcan version of rueful comments. "I left the two men. And wondered briefly why I chose to follow the advice of my alternate self."

It would only be natural for Spock to question his alternate self over anything that seems to clash with the present situation he finds himself, considering timelines and dimensions. I really appreciate how you point out Spock's reluctance to follow such a subtly complex and obnoxiously unpredictable captain and reveal how Jim is the kind of man who wouldn't "order anyone to that I wouldn't do myself." It's great that he's trying to work with Spock as well, but not against him.
thablueGRRL chapter 4 . 12/28/2013
And things come to an inevitable head. I enjoy how attentive Spock is to the captain's schedule, as it portrays his Vulcan POV and thus complements his narrative. I also note how he only bothers to fixate on the captain's exact schedule when he could do so with every member of the Enterprise, and mention such a fact as well. He just can't help being drawn to this polar opposite that frustrates him to no end. Again, amazing how well you indirectly flesh out the characters with Spock.
thablueGRRL chapter 3 . 12/28/2013
You have just proven how much of a nerd I am, because I absolutely adored how Spock has to respond in convoluted computer speech to simple questions. Also, I appreciate the mature undertone to this story's quality, and the overall analysis on "Pre-Warp English" vs. "Federation Standard". I haven't really had much time to really get into Star Trek past its first few episodes (something I plan to remedy), but already you are building and expanding this fictional (but only in our dimension) world, and giving character to Nyota and Jim. I really appreciate her analogy along with the language lesson, and your "less is more" concise writing.
thablueGRRL chapter 2 . 12/28/2013
Well, Bones being a xenophobe does sort of make sense. He is very vocal about his thoughts and doesn't like to censor himself when he gets going - it's pretty much like emotional purging for him, I suppose. Not that he rubs me the wrong way, just, well, it seems to fit so very well, and it humanizes him. Everyone's got to have some character flaws, that even though shallow or illogical, still make them real and emphasize their other qualities. Honestly though, Bones is a good guy and probably doesn't mean to be a racist. Honestly, I'm already impressed with how well you manage to portray the personalities of the Enterprise's crew through such an "alien" point of view.
thablueGRRL chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
I love it. You have a perfect grasp on Spock's Vulcan point of view and he sounds just like the computer his race strives to be. I also appreciate how you've managed to portray his subconscious fascination with the enigma that is Kirk, and I am already in suspense as to what to expect in this story.
bleach613 chapter 263 . 11/1/2013
First off, I lack your amazing talant for words, so this isn't going to to be eloquent. This was an awesome story. It was a journey. I liked the varying chapter lengths, and the other-people perspectives at the end were interesting. The whole story was just amazingly poetic, and managed to get across the feeling of frantic thought processes and joy and despair and everything. I always love when I can read something like that, where I feel like I'm growing with the characters. Thank you for sticking with the story, finishing it (with a happyish ending!) rather then abandoning it. (I say happyish because personally I count bittersweet things like partings to not be happy). The parallel 'story' or notes, Annotations (I think that's what it's called) was really helpful, even if I sometimes skipped the intense math/science -.- I might just be lazy, but it was nice being given the translations for other languages. I don't suppose there's any way you'd be finishing it... Overall, I just felt like you developed just about everything, and not only avoided but completely destroyed the idea that seems to show up a lot, that once you fall in love everything is awesome and there's no work involved and that people don't have problems and permanent reactions to traumatic events, but that they affect who you/they are. Again, that's awesome (you not doing the thing). So (and I'll probably think of more to say later after I've submitted this) I loved this (even if I did occasionally have have dark emotions in parallel to Spock and Jim's) and thank you for giving this work to the world.
Guest chapter 263 . 11/1/2013
Masterful.
Thank you sincerely for sharing it.
K
DXM Junkie chapter 230 . 10/31/2013
Still in awe over this. This takes so long to read. JUST AMAZING
DXM Junkie chapter 112 . 10/30/2013
This was probably the best chapter of any Star Trek fanfic I've read yet (I've read a few). Beautiful, eloquent, this story is CONSUMING MY LIFEEEEEEE and I still have like two hundred fuckin' chapters left! New York City, the way you write the crews relationships. The time and dedication you put into this story is notable and brilliant. So yeah. You rock. Deal with it.
Guest chapter 128 . 10/30/2013
OH COME ON! QUOTING MAL LIKE THAT! TSK TSK
Kyrinne chapter 132 . 10/6/2013
132 is one of the sexiest things I have ever read. No joining, but the tensions is palpable and intoxicating. Lovely job.
Fai Gensou chapter 60 . 9/21/2013
I guess the Eugenics Wars meant no Steve Jobs to develop the baffling device that is iPhone
dfasdf chapter 263 . 9/18/2013
What can I say about this story? For one, I've never seen anything like it. The way each chapter stood on its own, teaching things to me that I thought I already knew, is a marvel; an inspiration. To see something so amazing on a fanfiction website also saddens me to some extent, because so many people bash these websites as nothing more then plotless sex stories. I feel that you proved those knuckleheads wrong; you and all the other authors who use this site to let your true voice run free. Who tell a story. Who cares whether the characters were originally yours or not? In my opinion you made them yours. Now, I know you'll probably never see this, and if you do you've already said you won't reply. But I just want to say, J-anon, thank you. Thanks for the fic, and for working through all the heartache you had to pour into it It's a wonder, and something I know I'll never forget. Whatever dreams may come for you, I hope that they all come true.
Guest chapter 114 . 9/16/2013