Reviews for A Man of Action
Hebi R chapter 7 . 1/18
Thank you for this.
Person Of A Strange Origin chapter 7 . 2/17/2012
What? Wait...that's it? No more chapters? How could you leave it like that! So many questions! :( But I loved it! I loved it a lot! It was completely unique and awesome! :)I love how River seemed to 'borrow' the others personalities. It seemed to fit...a lot. :)
jenefaner chapter 7 . 3/18/2011
OMG, I LOVE THESE! Please make MANY MANY MORE! You are just amazing! By far, my favorite Firefly author! These are legit episodes in my head, there are just so amazing! keep em up please!
JustLikeToRead chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
And yet more awesomeness. Thank you so much. :) Do we get to hear any more from you about Jayne and River? I like Jayne almost as much as Badger. :)

You seem like you ought to be a "real" author, like selling books and stuff. Can't believe you've only been doing it for a couple of years. If you don't mind my asking, what's your "normal" profession(s)?

BTW, it's your fault I'm up till after 2:30 am when I have to get up at 6:00 for work...
skywiseskychan chapter 7 . 12/23/2010
Again an interesting evolution in how a character is to be perceived, however I think that in this case it was less successful than in Man of Honor, as Mr. Tam's reasons for locking his son out of the truth are just not convincing enough, though the rest of the story hinges upon it. Also the middlemen should have been played as a bit more sympathetic, as with the way it is written its hard to believe that they are the honorable scoundrels that it appears you want us to take them for. Anyone given Niska's requirements for the job would or should have smelled a rat. At the very least have known they were setting someone up.

If we are to accept that they honestly did not then when Simon comes to them they should have been much more willing to want to help, (though they could object on the grounds of we'll be lost in space forever if we try.) Their character just seemed inconsistent for what you were trying to portray them as.

On to Badger, again a fun turnabout with his character, though if it is not intended to go somewhere or as a building block for future stories might I suggest that the mastermind behind it have been Simons father instead, he would have better reason, means, and knowledge of what would have been required and could at that point have hired Badger to slip them to the serenity crew somehow.

anyway, on to the rest.
carick of hunter moon chapter 7 . 11/18/2010
this is a well craft well thought out story with some nice touches to it well done and thank you for your hard work
basaltone chapter 7 . 9/22/2010
Very nice, love the new Simon and was so surprised and pleased by the surprise guest. It helps explain a lot. Loved how Simon took over the ship, it shows that he is still using his brain, but some of the best parts of Mal and Jayne have rubbed off on him. Looking forward to the sequel. Happy writing.
Weesa chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
I really love reading your stories. They are so ... addictive. But this one feels unfinished, or like it could use a sequel. I would love to find out if the rest of the drugs work for River, and how they affect her. Please please write some more!
RevDorothyL chapter 7 . 4/6/2010
Wonderful! This is one of the best Simon-focused 'Firefly' fics I've read, and it's such a pleasure to read a story that does NOT mis-use grammar, spelling, or punctuation in any way!

Excellent work! Thank you for posting this.
RevDorothyL chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
"You can't set foot on a strange world in a red shirt. Everybody knows that."

Great shout-out to 'Star Trek'!
Ella Greggs chapter 7 . 3/28/2010
About time our Big Damn Heroes acquired a sworn ally to go with all their sworn enemies. Niska is such a lizzard - you captured his creepiness and brittleness very well. I liked your insights into Inara and what makes a Companion different than a prostitute, the reaching into herself to find some way to genuinely want to be with each client while she is with him/her. And River's reaction to Jayne taking the capture of her in the shower was really powerful. Very intrigued by your Shepherd Book - can't wait to read his story. And the sludge bomb all over Mal - classic Firefly! It's all interwoven so intricately, I'll probably have to keep an eye out for Sessions in future stories. A nice touch, having Badger get the medicine to River sort of on the sly, tying in with A Man of Principle. See you in the Black!
character-absquatulation chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
This whole story is brilliant. The plot twists are Joss-worthy, and well executed. The characterizations are spot-on, all the time. And the red shirt business in chapter one? Somewhere between that and the shower scenes, I was laughing so hard my housemates were worried. Thank you. :-D
Ella Greggs chapter 4 . 3/18/2010
Go, Simon! Quite a ride, these past two chapters - with Jayne turning into a pretty decent guy (even without River poking at his thick skin, literally and figuratively), and Simon's father turning out to be the opposite of what we expected. I love the detail in River's letter, asking her father to give Simon formal permission to court Kaylee. And yes, Kaylee Frye of the "New Home Fryes" - very cute!

I hope Simon can catch Serenity in time to foil Niska's evil plan, whatever that is. Will keep reading to see...
Ella Greggs chapter 2 . 3/17/2010
A great start so far. Poor River, on a roller coaster of lucidity and madness. And Simon basically powerless to help her. I am constantly impressed with how people take the smallest little details from the show (like waking River up one week early) and spin them into elaborate yarns. I'm enjoying the evolving friendship (or maybe better to say collaboration) between Simon and Jayne, and it's neat how you are filling in the back stories for the rest of the crew bit by bit. The voices are well done and the descriptions make it easy to visualize the action. I just wonder, in the case of Wash, whether it would be realistic for him to recover so fully from such catastrophic injuries as you describe. It's terrific how you played out the crew's 'don't take crap from anyone' reputation after the Niska raid to its logical conclusion, which is that now people are only interested in hiring them as mercenaries. Looking forward to reading more!
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 7 . 1/1/2010
Hmm...oddly enough, I totally could imagine a scene where Nathan Fillion and Michael Fairman uttered your words (or something eerily similar) as Mal informs Niska that his fate is certainly up to him but that Mal's at the point where he's got no issue with making sure Niska's dead before he can fully enjoy any new found freedom. That's what I think makes BDM!Mal a tad bit more interesting than series!Mal: he's willing and able to some things that would turn the stomach of others if it means protecting his own. Fox's "requests" to have Joss tone down Mal's dark side for the series makes the movie stand alone more, since as you pointed out recently...there were things in the series that Mal wasn't apparently interested in doing to make money, but is something the crew is able to resign themselves to by the time of the film.

Awesome work once again!