Reviews for The Dark Night
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
Dear John:

You lost me on "if we grant that he isn't simply a cosmic fool". I see no reason to grant that.

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
Wow, that was better than I thought it would be. I really liked the ending!
Jamie chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
I've read this many times since I found it. It's so intriguing, very well thought out, and an amazing scene. Your writing is gorgeous, and honestly, this is the best story on this site. Not just biblefics, but from the tons that I've read.
The idea is ingenious, and it makes the reader seriously consider the point of view of the "villian." I have thought about the arguments he makes over and over, and it's quite advanced theology. Somehow, you've made the reader sympathize with the figure they've been raised to hate.
Another thing I loved was the fact he's sitting in a church. It's so ironic, but perfectly justified by the character you developed. Micheal was an interesting character by himself.
The ending was great. I loved the fact that you slipped in the lighter and the name; surprising us the same way he surprised micheal.
I give this a ten out of ten for originality, prose, and characterization. I'd like to add, you've inspired me to do a few drawings. Not directly based from this, but the tone was inspirational in a sense.
Also, consider publishing this. It might be a bit controversial for those who take it way too seriously, the the majority of people would love something like this. And you'd deserve to be recognized as an original author.
ME chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
This is blasmephy ! You will prob burn in hell :) Nice though .
Shingekyo chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
Awesome
Rosario Central chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Absolutely fantastic. This is the one fanfic that made me think. I keep rereading this story because I always see it in a different way. Definitely my all time favorite story on the site. The fact that you made me respect the devil is fantastic, you haven't changed my religion (still catholic) but you definitely opened my mind.
Bob chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
This is a piece of art. 10/10 would read again
Jus Sum Dude chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
Well written with an interesting premise. Satisfying climax and clever dialogue.
KonohasBlackReaper chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
I don't even know what the label 'Bible' for this fic is... a TV show? the actual book? I mean, fanfiction about THE Bible... That sounds a bit creeepy...
Anyways, I'm not even a Christian, but Damn, this was an interesting piece of writing.
Sir Soz chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
Great story mate
kath660 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
this was a great short story and very thought provoking. thanks for writing!
rosevioletsmile123 chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
This is very well written! I'm neither a Christian nor a Satanist, but this was thought-provoking nonetheless.
The World's Best Auror chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Wow. This was very well written. You make the Devil seem almost likable. Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Granted, Lucifer DID commit great crimes, and certainly deserves punishment...

But ya can't help but to feel sorry for the bloke.

I side with God and Jesus on pretty much everything, but I maintain that independent will is better than hive-thought.

But what do I know? I've only read bits of the Bible, so I am in no position to pass judgement.

Overall, this story was a very good read, providing ample mental stimulation. I could not find any spelling errors here, and the plot seemed to be realistic.

Good job! 100/100.
Atsuyuri-sama chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
I don't know if I'll do it tonight, or if I'll ever do it at all, but I figured that I'd cover my bases and ask just on the 'in case' factor: If I ever manage to get around to turning this into a comic, would you allow it? If not, then I'll stop considering the idea right now, but if so please let me know so I can keep my options open.

This was a fantastic exploration of religion and the motivations behind it. I am a Christian (still am even after this, too), so this was more a stretching of my mental faculties and an act of reading something for the entertainment value than an actual belief of the concepts expressed in this piece, but I can't deny it was well-written. If you feel so led, I have a feeling you could go far as an author.

Have a nice day!