Reviews for Black Sheep
Guest chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
nice
rofire9 chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
Wow - this is awesome!

I am a huge Watchmen fan and Supernatural fan.

This is a perfect blending of the two.

I love this story!
Unknown-Bliss chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
I didn't know what I was expecting, but that was fantastic! You got everything down and made everything make sense. I'm really glad I happened upon this.
CloudMercury chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Woah, so well written and wonderfully crossed over without making things untrue to either fandom. :) Well done!
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
wow. awesome story.
tinypinkmouse chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Somehow I managed to wander over to this story on livejournal (I honestly have no idea how, I just tend to follow lots of links and end up new places) and decided I needed to try finding it here, so I can favourite it, because otherwise I'll compeltly forget how to find it again. Right... that's a very long way of trying to say that I liked the fic very, very much.

I don't usually read fanfic for Watchmen (because it's Watchmen and it feels wrong. And because you have to be an awesome author to manage writing anything that feels enough like Watchmen and most authors just aren't that level of awesome). Obviously I did read this, mostly because a few weeks back I finally managed to realise the connection between John and Eddie. I don't know how I managed not to realise it's the same actor (I knew who the actor was, but I still didn't make the connection). I didn't think anyone could write a good crossover between the two, but this fic just sounded so tempting that I couldn't not read it.

This is a very beautiful crossover. Half of the reason I love crossovers is just because I like seeing how people manage to combine two different worlds and that leads to the fact that I can't really enjoy a crossover if the worlds aren't combined believably, I didn't think that was possible here. And yes, now a Trickster seems like the obvious way of doing it, but before reading your story I would never have thought of it.

It took me a moment to realise that it must have been Dan who went to the Trickster. Maybe it's just been to long since I've seen/read Watchmen. But then John wasn't being terribly clear. I have to wonder how he managed to convince a Trickster to do it though, it can't have been easy.

I really like the relationship between John and Eddie and the fact that he never let the boys meet him. The reason he gives for it is just so perfect (and damn sensible too). And I think I just love how you describe John's relationship with the boys. It hurts (in that way that means it's realistic and believable and very, very well written). Because John knows what he's doing to them.

Now that I've read this I can so see it. It just fits. And this fic just made me love John so much more. The whole fic just seems to echo with all the horrible choices everyone in both universes have had to make. Partly I can't help but wish that there was more of the story, you know; longer, more detail. Because some things are terribly vague. Also I just wanted more of the goodness. But in a way all the things that aren't said are just as important and having more detail would have ruined that. There are moments like the one about seeing and echo of Eddie in Dean where I just want to cry. It's just one sentence and there's so much in it.

I have a feeling this review made more sense in my head. I've been made incomperehensible by the sheer awesomeness of the fic? Or I just suck at writing reviews. But the point is that this is just wonderful.
ellequoi chapter 1 . 4/18/2010
What a fantastic way to work the two fandoms together! The relationship between young John and the Comedian is great, and the world-correcting - by Mason or Dan? - is very clever. Their interactions, though few, make total sense for their histories and characters. The end, with the repetition, gave me a bit of a chill.

The only criticism I have is that it feels a bit rushed and could be fleshed out more... because really, I would love to read more of it.
Fey Nikola chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I honestly can't find any constructive criticsms to give, but this story really deserves more reviews! So, in lieu of anything useful to say, I'll simply admit that I'd love to see more of this story's universe, and that even as a stand-alone, this is an absolutely fantastic piece of work!
freakaleek4jello chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
Came across this story accidentally, but I'm gad I did! It was awesome. I loved it. Very interesting take on the characters. It all fit together so seamlessly that it could practically fit into canon for both Supernatural and Watchmen. If you ever find yourself re-reading this short and deciding to do a series, let me now. I would love to read it, maybe even beta for you.

April
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
Interesting take on a way to do this crossover. I loved it!
Ria Lucas AKA Xayian chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Very well written :) If you decided to expand upon this universe you've created I'd be more than happy to read it. I'd be so interested to see if John finally decides to contact Laurie providing you still have her around w/ what it seems you had the Trickster do. :)
Cryselephantine chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Oh. My. GOD!

The characterization, the atmosphere, the point of view... EVERYTHING is so ... PERFECTLY PERFECT! OAO

I love your fanfiction mate, I re-watched Watchmen just yesterday and I felt curious about possible Xovers. My love for SPN made me click easily on yours and then... I found a gem... a pure GEM! -love-

Total respect, mate, total respect!

Keep up the awesome writing

L.G.
LadyLinteweth chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
Well, that's about heartbreaking.
Pandora de Romanus chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
Perfect piece! Loved it! Congrats!
vballmania23 chapter 1 . 8/29/2009