Reviews for The Breath of Lies
MaeveMonster chapter 42 . 5/15
Hi Calamity! It’s a coincidence that you just updated one of your stories for the first time in years at the same time that I decided to reread The Breath of Lies! I’m so excited to see you posting again and I would LOVE to see an update to TBoL. I love your work so much and I hope you’re happy and healthy!
Peyton chapter 1 . 12/2/2019
I find myself coming back to this story often. I just love these characters and truly admire how different they all are. I hope you are well, Calamity.
Lovethyneighbor chapter 12 . 2/4/2018
Hi there. Absolutely (Fabulous). What a great surprise turning of the story. I never once came across a story where the second male that are luring the woman be more devastating delicious in character; than the leading male of the story. :) A rare breath of fresh air indeed. Well done
Anon chapter 42 . 12/29/2017
Now, I have read this story quite a few times over and I have never felt the need to leave a review before. Possibly because this story has remained untouched for such a long time and I don't think that you will see this anytime soon, but I just needed to say how much I love this fic.

The polt is a gem. Good original work is rare, and good vampire fics are rare and you have managed to combine both. I have also fallen completely in love with the characters especially Issac and Sanura, though Joseph was my favorite for a while until... And the writing is really really good. Yes, you have some grammatical issues but those can be fixed. Your writing is amazing, the detail and the way you describe everything never fails to draw me in. Your character development skills are also great, as we have seen in how far both Mira and Issac have come. The last thing is that your writing never fails to make me laugh when things take a turn into the dark side, which happens quite often.

You have managed to create vampires which are not lovesick pushovers and make them badass without being broody. That is quite an accomplishment and I applaud you.

Lastly, I know that this is very annoying and you have heard it before, but if you start writing again please please update this. I want to know how it ends so badly, and you stopped just when (shit hit the fan as you once said before). This is hands down one of my favorite fics of ALL TIME. So if you start writing again please update.

Thank you for writing this. It is so good and I am so glad to have stumbled across this and your other fics.

- a dedicated reader
colormeconfused chapter 33 . 9/29/2017
Ugh I hate all the boys and yet I adore them. I wish Mira was smarter so she could match them at least a little. Cant wait to hear Cerns excuse for not answering her call. Also I doubt she would have gotten in with Isaac again if Cern hadn't ignored her which I think is telling of at least her lack of emotion for both. I feel like Mira is looking for a family not a boyfriend, boys are just easier to pursue and she happens to be surrounded by mega over-powered ones so shes screwed. Interested in her mind power - kinda funny bc it parallels twilight's Bella in some ways (not to be insulting lmao). Also her scent... My theory so far is that she is the spawn of somethinggg But Cern said he couldn't sense any genes but it could also be that she was gifted a power... ugh no idea.
colormeconfused chapter 28 . 9/29/2017
I'm a tad confused over the situation with her memories. She remembers how the wolves killed her parents but not her dads age or her moms name... So were is the loss. I can see her still having the fear of wolves but not really having a concrete reason as to why.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/15/2017
Overdramatic which makes it look cheap. Not my thing. Also your description of the thing that goes between her and the vampire whatever it is, was poorly written. And the worst of all: 1st person's pov. And to think you wasted so much time to write 200k words, I kind of pity you.
Guest chapter 29 . 10/22/2016
Im confused is vilkas a name cuz in my language it means wolf
Guest chapter 30 . 8/5/2016
This is disgusting. How fucking dare you ruin this story with almost rape. Ass.
AnOldTimeFan chapter 1 . 5/22/2016
I read this story a long time ago, and really liked it. Decided to read it agian and give a review. So heres what I think about the story and the characters in a nutshell.

Love the writing, the plot, the interactions. Great detail without getting boring. You got the gift. Totally agree with you about the Twilight thing.

Now I'll be honest, I hated Mira for the longest time. You mentioned this somewhere, and I agree, she is awfully whiny most of the time, up till the last few chapters when she really started to stick up for herself (which earned my respect). I'll just come out and say it, I dont understand her relationship with Isaac for the most part, after all he has done to her and her friends. I know alot of people think Isaac's a hot bad boy, and no judgement there, but I never really liked him. He just seemed like an immature ass most the time with a penchant for unneccsary violence (even if he is a vampire and all), and overall unpredictability. I guess both he and Mira go well together in the sense that they both act like children a number of times, but other than that, I dont really know what they see in each other. I really liked Sanura best. Even though she is a "monster" it hasnt become her. She has a complex side that goes beyond the sex and blood and it made her a more interesting character, without becoming a sappy, self hating mess like some other vampires I've read of (*cough* twilight). She seemed like an actual person, and I think out of all the characters I felt the most empathy for her. Daniel...well, Daniel is just crazy without a cause. However, I think I enjoyed that more than Isaac, because Daniel is obviously a bad guy for what he does, at least from Mira'a eyes (and I'm inclined to agree with her) whereas Isaac seems to be given slack in this department, even though he can be just as nasty (I will give Isaac some credit in that he has his kinder moments, but, and call me crazy, I'm still not entirely convinced that he's much better than Daniel in some ways). Sure Mira stomps her feet and goes on her self righteous tirade when Isaac goes all evil (though sometimes I can't blame her), but in the end she crawls right back to him and she becomes a bit of a hypocrite. Whether she does this because of love, fear, or Stockholm syndrome I'll never know. Colette is interesting. Shes an evil bitch, but she seems to have good composure and in that regard I can respectfully hate her. Her motivation is power and I can get that. There were some other characters, but to be honest I really only cared about these few.

In the end this was a fun read. Dont take my critiscms of the main characters to mean I hate the story. I can dislike the main characters and still love the story. it was your plot and writing that really kept me engaged. I dont know if you intentionally wrote the characters with these traits in a way that would be percueved as negative or if its just my own personal preferences that have cause me to interpet them this way, but either way it was a good read. I'm assuming that this story is abandoned by this point, which is sad cause I really wanted to see what happened, but I'm not bent out of shape about it. I enjoyed myself, and you made that possible. Thank you.

Note: Please excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes, I'm writing this on a few hours of sleep and I think it's starting to show lol
Guest chapter 1 . 4/6/2016
No matter how many times I read this, its still perfection.
guest chapter 42 . 12/23/2015
Pleaseeeee update
sillykar18 chapter 42 . 11/8/2015
Aw it's a real shame you've stopped writing all together. I went to check out your other stories to see if you have updated on any others, but it seems you have stopped all together. You are a great writer and truly all I could do is hope you come back from a hiatus. Great story though
isi chapter 42 . 5/7/2015
It is a pity that you stopped adding new chapters so long ago. There are a lot of unfinished amazing fanfictions on this website. It is really a pity! I would love to read more from you. Greetings!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2015
I honest to god hope isaac isnt acting again, she deserves some happiness