Reviews for A Different Game
nyxlily chapter 20 . 1/9/2007
I can't tell you just how much I enjoyed your fic! Well, I will try..

I love the fact that pratically the first 2/3 of the story is about -character- rather than action. I love action/adventure as much as the next person but it's nice to also have character developments thrown in. That, to me, is the true measure of a good story. Your's was a terrific story.

It is obvious from the start that you know what you're writing about (re: courtroom scenes). That fact alone upped my opinion of the fic immediately. As I continued to read, I was drawn into the drama of what the boys were going through, what the family was going through. The mystery surrounding Bruce's 'death' was also very compelling; it was a huge factor in my not being able to stop reading.

Bruce Wayne/Batman is my favorite character in this fandom, and the fact that I was willing (eager) to read through 20 chapters that focuses on another character should tell you just how engaging this story is. Beyond that, your story(ies) also lead me to your yahoo group and now I'm reading OTHER Nightwing stories! You did what the DC writers couldn't: getting me interested in another character.

I think I've rambled on enough. I love this story and I'm working my way through your other ones. I hope to see Roadtrip II finished soon ;)
tomorrow4eva chapter 20 . 12/17/2006
Nice story.
Ski-0 chapter 20 . 11/12/2006
I don't watch a lot of courtroom dramas. Heck, I don't read any courtroom dramas. But I could see everything perfectly in my mind. Very awesome. The way you desrcibed everything, not too heavy and easy to understand but descripitive enough so we readers can get a clear view of the situation. And good gosh, the plot! You had me hooked, literally. I started reading this at 10 p.m., and couldn't stop. I went to bed at 3 a.m. Not only that, but I felt the characters. I held my breath reading the verdict, went into shock when the police first took Dick and Tim away, and I even felt sick when they dug up 'Bruce's' grave. This has got to be one of the best fics I've ever read. :throws roses and choccolates:
Shadow Avenger chapter 20 . 10/1/2006
Dude...genius. Pure...genius. Words can't begin to express my...amazement with this fic. I found it in someone's favourites and I read it in a day.

What a day! You captured everything perfectly: The trial, the escape, everything. If you came up with this plot on your own, you should be working for DC.

I don't normally read the DC comic section of this website but the premis of this fic intrigued me.

I've read other 'hero goes to jail fics' and they just go from interesting to absurd but you did the impossible and did 20 chapters in just two weeks. I'm hoping that you wrote all this a lot earlier and posted it within two weeks.

If you wrote this all in two weeks...then you REALLY should be working for DC.

Loved how you made Dick and Tim like brothers even though they're not. Bane...never suspected him. I've got to start reading you other work but right now I'm putting this fic in my favourites-something I seldom do
Luc Star chapter 20 . 3/12/2006
hey man... i just wanted to let you know that i've read this story and i liked it a lot. a few of the characters seemed a little OOC though but it was all good in the end. i'll check out that YJ story you mentioned. take care. later.
Not A Pretty Girl chapter 20 . 1/1/2005
Nothing better than reading belated and rather cliched praise from a complete stranger right? Right! So here I go...

I adore this fic. Everything from the clever, authentic and completely quotable dialogue to the angsty batfamily (I admit, I love it when my favourites suffer...) to the wonderful account of the relationships between the characters. Not to mention a completely stellar plot. Major kudos to you for this amazing fic.

I read it all in one sitting and after I'd finished it was still running through my mind. My best friend had the misfortune of calling me at that moment and I proceeded to ramble about your fic for a good half an hour before I sensed she passed out on the other end from my overexcited babbling. _ Please continue writing and I will look forward to reading. Great stuff.

cheers,

Kurai
Vialana chapter 20 . 12/20/2004
This is probably one of my all-time favourite Nightwing stories. It's so detailed and emotive - I often found my eyes watering and heart pounding.

I really enjoyed the characterisation and relationships between the characters in this. The supporting characters especially - like Clark and the Titans - it was very authenitic and enthralling. The plot and detail were exceptionally well-written and intergrated, I honestly couldn't stop reading.

I'm going to have to check out the YJ companion as well (I love YJ too) and also read a few of your other stories. You're a fantastic writer. I think I'll add this story to my C2 list as well.

Great job with this.

~Vialana
flyboy chapter 20 . 11/11/2004
OMG! This is the most incredible story. You took my breath away. I had the day off and started reading and I could not stop until it was all done. If I had to read this in parts I think I would have had a nervous breakdown. I don't know what to say except Wow. The breathtaking pace, the knots in my stomach worrying over Dick and Tim. I almost thought they were guilty at the beginning but I knew they couldn't be then Dick watching the funeral made my heart ache. Then the courtroom drama - WHY aren't you writing for Law and Order or at least DC Comics? I loved all the supporting characters. You have such an amazing grip of all the characters. Clark's heat vision exploding the TV as he watched the news I think will be my favorite scene forever. Thank you so much for sharing. You are so talented.
Red Wulf chapter 20 . 9/10/2004
Damn Char, you ARE into keeping the Batboys under lock and key.
RobinofYJ chapter 20 . 7/26/2004
Wow! Just discovered this story from and another author's favorites! Even if it is 2 1/2 years late, I had to congratulate you on such a superbly written story. Can't wait to read what else you've written!
Raya21 chapter 1 . 7/12/2004
I don't know if I have ever reviewed for this story yet, but i love this story! This is about the 15th time I've read this and I love your other stories too.
Princess P chapter 1 . 4/21/2004
I absolutely loved this story. Well written, intriguing, just fantastic.
Lady Lark chapter 20 . 2/22/2004
This story was extremely engrossing, I literally couldn't stop reading. I enjoyed the amount of research you obviously did into criminal law and your knowledge of the batman universe continuity. Can you tell I am trying to write a review that are a bit more in depth than the "OMG! i loved it! rite more!" that so many authors get" Sorry. Anyways. I really liked this story, it was a good read. A bloody rarity these days. Thank you.
NSW chapter 6 . 12/5/2003
this is really good, i'll have to finish tomorrow, though
cobra chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
Good job with the fic. I was also wondering if you could tell me the order your Robbie Malone stories go. from beginning to well.. until your done with the series which will hopefully go on for a long time. Thanks. Keep writting
129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »