Reviews for Skywriting
PoorQueequeg chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Ah so lovely! Yes I can believe the Vulcan girl writes the most gorgeous poetry!
Bandbabe chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Wow, this story is beautifully written! I enjoyed reading Nyota's POV. The tone of this story is fresh and original. I love how Nyota's is able to read peoples' eyes. Thank you for sharing.
zestyenterprize chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
oh... lovely! I really loved the meaningful looks and how cautious they both are. Really enjoyed this. More?
Birdgirl90 chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
That was beautiful.
Mackenzie chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
So, so good. Love your Spock and Nyota. Great Job!
mykardia chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
oh that is so sweet! this was a really well written story! very eloquent and it flowed nicely. I love the way you give us all the details of her past...and the way his love is so innocent and her response just as sweet ) beautifully done!
lostzuner chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
That was very beautiful. You have captured Nyota very well.
gppr chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I loved this, but Nyota in particular. I think you captured everyone's personalities very well. And I really, really liked how she could read the feelings in his eyes and how she decided to be bold, yet respectful of his ways.
NeverDust chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I thought that was very well done. You stayed true to character (I've only seen the 2009 movie as well) and gave a viable, romantic way they may have originally gotten together. Love it. Thank you!
StarTrekFanWriter chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I really liked how you portrayed Nyota's scholarly life. She isn't perfect, or a genius, but she works hard.

I'm not sure about the relationship between her and Spock though. They never talk really. So really what it comes down to is lust, not love.

Although I suppose this sort of relationship is common in college days it makes me sad because I can't see it lasting.
jazzie2525 chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
This was so good, despite some misspellings. U should do a continuation, multi chaptered fic, would love to read more! I love the slow build up to the conclusion
kendrat199 chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I really loved this story! There's very few first-person stories that are done so well and even fewer Nyota Uhura-centered, so this was monumental. I loved that she had experienced a somewhat tragedy that led to her new beginnings with Spock. The fact that she had learned to read the eyes of humans from her father's illness and then use that same method toward Spock was amazing. I also loved that at first, she did not like Gaila, but in the end truly loves her as a friend. How can one deny an Orion anything? For the first time reading hundreds of ST XI fanfics, I have imagined the ZQ Spock and the Saldana Uhura, instead of the LN original and the NN first.

Did you mean "the" Academy, rather than just "Academy"?

I really enjoyed this. Thanks once more.

Spock/Uhura forever

-kendra 3
juzwanna chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
well done. the build up was very good-and you "got" Uhura just right. Spock too. I hope there's a sequel
Aphrodite420 chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
This was such a beautiful story. Your style of writing was almost poetic. I love how you slowly built up their relationship.

Why didn't you post this sooner? And maybe you could write a sequel?