Reviews for Vulcan: Secrets of the Sand
star trek nutcase chapter 17 . 1/2/2011
Good conclusion to a very interesting story.

You certainly managed to meld lots of themes together (bigotry, afterlife, etc.) with a Vulcan uber-pyramid thrown in. I've read other works, some here others in print, addressing prehistoric Vulcan and found this to be a very unique take on it.

Hope to read more of your fine work.
star trek nutcase chapter 11 . 1/2/2011
Really loving the story so far. Like the mix of adventure and now mysticism. The Vulcan version of creationism was inspired.

One thought, where do you pee or worse in a holy Vulcan monument to the dead? And would the defense system react negatively when you did? Maybe Starfleet trains its crews to hold it?
kamelion chapter 17 . 6/8/2010
Absolutely fascinating!
Hante chapter 12 . 11/5/2009
Wow I love your story. It's so detailed and exciting. I thinkyou have stayed totally canon too.
Maria chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
I've only read the first chapter and I am very intrigued. I like the start where you introduce a typical Vulcan familiy and the sad fate of them.
jamrulz chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
What happened to the sequel? Are you updating it or something? Please put it back up, it was really good.
Spock'sGirl57 chapter 17 . 9/12/2009
WHO! This has been so much fun. I'm sad that it is over. ( But at least you are writing a sequel! I just want to say a couple of things here:

1. This is the best Star Trek fanfiction I have EVER read.

2. You portrated each character exactly how they were portrayed in TOS (which is awesome-most people can get them right.)

3. your story line was original-although I do not think TOS would use actual spirits in their episodes, this is not TOS. I liked it alot and I think that Spock was awesome. Well, Spock is always awesome, but you made him MORE awesome. Especially with T'Si. Oh, and T'Si was cool. I'm looking forward to reading more soon!

Thanks for writing this, btw.

Spock'sGirl57 chapter 16 . 9/12/2009
Yay! One more chapter to go! *high five!*

I really have enjoyed your addition of T'Si to this story-she's so adorable! Although I found it rather disturbing that Spock has already started teaching her basic math. I've been out of my crib for years, and I still don't really understand it! LOL!
DustfingerFanGirlXD chapter 15 . 9/12/2009
YAY! I knew you didn't kill him! Poor Spock. Poor, half-dead, hysterical, thristy Spock. Sorry, once more: YAY!

DustfingerFanGirlXD chapter 14 . 9/12/2009
!

Ok...*inhale...exhale* you didn't REALLY kill him, did you? DID YOU!

Wait, don't tell me...I'll just go read the rest.
DustfingerFanGirlXD chapter 13 . 9/12/2009
Poor Chekov! *sniffle* By the way, I think you have mixed JUST the right amount of humor in with Spock's seriousness-it makes him alot more real (as in TOS).

I'm gonna try to finish this story today (SO EXCITED!). Good luck with the sequel! D

aurado chapter 16 . 9/11/2009
I read your whole story. It kept me good company for a while. It has a wonderful plot and very well described characters. I liked Spock's and T'si's relationship and of course the friendship between Spock, Jim and Bones. The plot was always intriguing and I longed for the next chapters to be published. I liked the references to Vulcan's culture and old history. I liked how you studied and depicted Spock's psychology. So, a lot of thanks for your story and the amusement you provided.

Laura
Spock'sGirl57 chapter 9 . 9/9/2009
Ah! Bones is babysitting! LOL! That's great...

T'Si is awesome. I KNEW Spock would be an awesome father. xD

Great job!
Spock'sGirl57 chapter 8 . 9/9/2009
Spock is always up to it xD How DARE Dempster mock Spock! Oh wow...mock Spock...lol...

Um, back to the point. AWESOME chapter! Whoo! And there are still more left! xD
Spock'sGirl57 chapter 7 . 9/9/2009
haha, Kirk is like 'No...I don't really want to touch it NOW...' rofl. Poor Spock! Poor Bones! I think everyone needs a group hug. Except maybe Spock and Bones. They can have air hugs. ;)
47 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »