Reviews for A Pair of Unrescued Unicorns
TwentiesGirl29 chapter 1 . 7/8/2014
Such a good story. I wished that you would write more Mai/Valon fanfics. There aren't enough out there that are nearly as well-written as this.

Cheers,
TwentiesGirl
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Terrific characterization and atmosphere. Your writing is pleasant and just flows so well. Even the choice of the title and quotes were great. Your story is like a warm smile - just so very beautiful! :)
yllimilly chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Very nice :)
redfirerose chapter 1 . 7/9/2010
love the pairing, there isn't enough Mai/Valon out there. as a rather funny side note, I'm going to Otakon as Mai and Peter S. Beagle is a guest at the convention. so I guess it's fate that I read this story.
Anshu chapter 1 . 4/21/2010
I laughed so hard at this “You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs?"

I’m glad Mai is not walking on eggshells anymore and had at least come to some peace. Absolutely wonderful plot and truly amazing coherency in describing her inner trauma. Another thing, I adored, was Viv’s self-confidence and her ability to reach out. Not may write her in strong, positive light. She’s a good character but usually wasted playing either a vamp or dumb second fiddle. In your hand not only was she powerful but also very graceful.

Mai’s portrayal was very original and very captivating. I’m just glad that in end she could rescue herself. Brilliant work, thank you so much for writing and sharing this.
wolfgirlnowandforever chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
It's good to see some conquestshipping. I love how you get into their characters perfectly.
daemon-angelus chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
Loved this :DD

Characterisation, description and dialogue were all really well crafted, am really impressed :)

I've read all your Valon x Mai and GAH, I'm going to re-read them. Thrice. Or more. That's how much I love them!

(Sorry for the fail review D: words fail me now, I really enjoyed reading your work. It's nice to come back into the YGO fandom with awesome fics about Valon :D)
WOWZAcoolBEANS chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
Holy cow. This was fantastic. There aren't enough fics for this pairing on here, and first I thank you for writing one. Next I bow down to your literary greatness. Short and sweet and amazing. I loved it. Fantastic job. .
SamCyberCat chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
They got an actual happy ending! That really does make me happy inside. Good to see a story that ends the love triangle in a way that's nice towards the one who didn't get together with Mai as well, very refreshing. It's hard to say 'cute' when in connection to characters like Mai and Valon, but this really was. And for once I knew where the quote at the start came from, that's one point on the personal score chart. :)
Ryu Kitsune Bard84 chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
I like it although I personally like for Mai to end up with Jounouchi...Good show, Valon's was right on target and so was Mai. You really seem to capture those characters and for that I applaud you it's really difficult to that.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
Very cool
One percent chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
This is really a great insight into Mai. I like how you pictured her mental growth, and the way you played it all.

beautiful writing, and the phrase at the ending is priceless in my point of view! ;)