Reviews for Duality
TheMacUnleashed chapter 3 . 10/13/2009
Great update! I really liked "Conflict:" You really don't get to see the differences in species between Anakin and Ahsoka onscreen beyond their appearances, and I hate to be the one to say it, but you're not likely to, seeing as how GL knows next to nothing about the species he created. However, this detailed the variations between their cultures perfectly -of course, one could always argue that their culture is "Jedi," but there really seem to be a lot of sub-groupings that fall under that, such as species, like you showed.

I also particularly liked "Each Other’s Creation-" that stood out for its lovely simplicity.
TheMacUnleashed chapter 2 . 9/25/2009
Great update! I enjoyed all of these, but I thought that I was particularly well done. Sidious makes it clear that he is the Master throughout all of these, but this one makes it particularly obvious. I wonder if Maul realized this, that he was nothing more than a weapon or a placeholder until his Master got his desired apprentice.

From your profile, real-life has been hitting you hard, but I look forwards to when you find time and the internet to update this, and, though I've already cast my vote, I have to mention that I give a hearty "Yes!" to your poll question. There are endless possibilities with AU Master/Padawan teams, and it'd be wonderful to see what you could do!
Derek Metaltron chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
This is a great start to what I reckon shall be a fantastic series of Master/Padawan ficlets. I particularly enjoy the 'Finest Hour' sequence with their fluidity on the Invisible Hand, very well presented.

If I am cruel and mean enough to suggest my own sets... I'd be quite curious to see Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan, Sidious/Maul, Sidious/Vader, Yoda/Dooku, Anakin/Ahasoka and though it's not really a Master/Apprentice per say (you could argue this one), Obi-Wan/Luke just to give the classic trilogy a whirl too.

Anyway, sorry it took so long for this review, it was worth reading all the way. :)

Derek
Mathematica chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
This was beautiful. I especially liked II, and the way Anakin reacts to Qui-Gon's words. It's so IC, and so characteristic of Obi-wan not to do anything. Oh, those two.

(LOL, I am now tempted to start posting here again? Not sure tho. Anyway, how are you, hun?)
TheMacUnleashed chapter 1 . 8/26/2009
See, this is why I regularly peruse the "Just In" section: Not only does it distract me from having to stare at a blank screen and try to come up with a witty first sentence, I also get to see fics like this as soon as they're posted!

Anyway, to put it simply, I like this. I really enjoy reading -and writing- about the bond between Master and Padawan because it is so many things: To quote a fanfiction written by the great CYNICAL21 on the bond, "...It is not a parent/child commitment, nor a teacher/student, nor a priest/acolyte, though it has elements of all these things ... in order to foster the greatest benefit for the knighthood". It can be portrayed in so many different ways, and I think you've done it justice with this. You managed to keep each drabble short and to the point, but that point was gotten across quite clearly. And I like your themes -were they ones you chose yourself, or did you get them off of a different website?

Having to pick a favorite, I would say it's II: Conflict. You portrayed Anakin perfectly as the loyal but independent apprentice with a touch of arrogance, and you also accurately showed Qui-Gon's influence on Obi-Wan. I look forwards to seeing who else you'll work with on this!