Reviews for Violent Dreams
The March Hatter chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
i don't think it's ooc at all! the dynamic between the two brothers was spot on, and, i might add, very well written.
rosebud23 chapter 8 . 1/3/2010
I so love this, please do continue! The idea itself is all very interesting, as I always thought that Jake would have some lingering issues with stabbing his own brother through the heart. Having nightmares seems so, just perfect! I also love the idea that the two are connected. Like I said, please do continue, I'd love to read more! :)
anime-catdragon chapter 8 . 12/23/2009
Aww that was very cute! Sorry I haven't reviewed in awhile, school and such, you understand :) But very adorable. I especially liked the end. It's about time Will decided to be nice to his brother! Goodness! Haha well I look forward to the next chapter! Till then!

ps. Happy Holidays!
anime-catdragon chapter 7 . 11/28/2009
Um...I FUCKING LOVED THIS CHAPTER! ehem...ugh so sorry! I hate to be that kind of reviewer who only leaves it at that so let's just see if I can find something constructive to say that will be of some use to you...umm..ok...well for starters it was much too short, I did not enjoy that piece :) but oh well. Ugh I don't know, I didn't really find anything in here that you could work on, which I guess is really good right? haha.

I really liked how you integrated Jake's dream with what was actually happening with Will and his woman of the night. I thought that was very well done. It definitely helped with the end in showing how dreams and reality have really meshed so that Jake can't tell what's real anymore. I REALLY love that idea! It's something I've been playing around with in a few of my own stories so it's nice to see someone else has the same sort of idea!

Also I like how it seemed Will's little scar trouble seems to occur when something happens with Jake. I'm not sure if that's how you meant it to seem but to me this makes them seem more connected. I do think that maybe putting a few tiny strings of this in the previous chapters would have been a little more beneficial to the reader, but you seemed to have explained it away enough in the previous one so that it doesn't seem too out of the blue, though I still feel like there may have been a bit too much of it in this chapter since you only just brought it up...but still. Not a huge deal, just something to maybe think about in later chapters. All in all I LOVED this. I really hope you update this soon because now I'm dying to know what happens! What is going on with Jake that he's having these horrific nightmares all the time? And can Will save him? Ugh my poor Jake! I just want to give him a hug! Ok, so hurry up with the update my dear!

Till then

Cat

ps. I'm not saying you really need a beta, but if you would like someone to look over this for you I would not mind :)
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 6 . 11/27/2009
OMG! PLZZ FINISH! THIS STORY ROCKS! I WANNA KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO WILL AND JAKE!
anime-catdragon chapter 6 . 11/21/2009
Hello!

I have just stumbled onto your story and I must say, very well written. Now, I'm extremely new to this fandom, and this is really my first story in it, but I must say, it is so refreshing to read something where the author has at least some real knowledge of how to WRITE!

Honestly, I've only recently returned to and I was saddly taken aback to what I've come back to. In most of the fandoms I frequent, all the wonderful and even half way decent writers have left, leaving far too much room for people who so obviously know nothing about writing. I swear if I happen to stumble upon another Mary-sue I'm going to kill someone! So you really must understand my full meaning when I say this is extremely refreshing!

You've stuck with and developed the characters marvoulesly. I def. feel like I could be watching a scene from the movie because they are so believable. The only little issue I have is that in some of the previous chapters there are quite a few typos that, though small, sort of take away from the sentence they are in. And in one part in particular, I believe in the fourth chapter, you use the phrase "wasted" to describe Jake and I just don't feel like they would have used that term in those days. That as well as the phrase "ok" are relatively new terms (I believe, though I'm not certain that OK was actually a native american term that translated to "it's a good day to die"). Now 'ok' doesn't stick out to me quite as much, though I really do feel 'alright' and 'fine' would be much better suited. Other than that this is a wonderful story and I can't wait to see what happens! Till next time

Cat

ps. I also love the little brotherly moments. so very cute. I don't normally like incest fics so I am grateful that you haven't gone that far with them, but I do really love some brotherly fluff :)
quite chapter 6 . 11/20/2009
I love it, really! But please write another chapter soon :
Principessa Di Morte chapter 4 . 11/11/2009
Aw, brotherly love! Poor Jake, all scared and now hung-over. Poor Will, all confused and worried. :'( I love it! I would say keep going, but you already have! So yay! *runs off to read next chapter*
Vegetasgirl01 chapter 5 . 10/30/2009
Good chapter. I can see that the tension is beginning to build for both Jake and Will and the fact that you've nicely blurred the lines between what's real and what's fantasy for Jake. I think you're following the brother's way of expressing themselves quite well. Will, always quick to express himself(sometimes without thinking) and Jakob's tendency to hold it inside and brood. Nicely done. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Chayse chapter 5 . 10/25/2009
Hey,

This is very good. I don't normally read anything with the word family in it's genre but I will always make an exception for the Brothers Grimm. Your story is very detailed, and I love that you included Jacob's guilt over being the older brother but unable to hold the responsibility of being the eldest. The nightmare/reality of Jake seeing Will with the knife and mocking him was amazing. I love that even the reader isn't certain what's real and what's fantasy for Jake anymore.

Please continue this story - I'm in love with it - and if you want to reply then my user is . .Eyes.
Hallo chapter 4 . 10/2/2009
This is a sweet chapter.I wonder when Jake will tell Will about his dreams.
LegendsofRandomness chapter 4 . 9/30/2009
Oh my gosh, this post wasn’t a let down in any way! In fact I loved it to bits! I’m so glad to see you posted, Spirit. I was starting to get a little depressed when I thought you were not going to post for a while… But then I checked my E-mail and saw the story alert and was like, ‘Oh my gosh! Yes! Chapter five!’ I too have also watched the movie recently just for fun and to watch the characters more closely (It takes me a while, I like to catch everything in movies I particularly enjoy). But anyway, I just wanted to tell you after watching that movie again that your perspectives of Jake and Will is completely spot on.

Chapter five is really good (I knew it would be _). I like the first paragraph in particular with Jake waking from his alcoholic coma to find Will comforting him… I love that image. I really want Jake just to tell Will his problem though because I feel that the tension is starting to hurt their relationship a little. Or if not that, Will’s feeling for sure.

“I just wish you could talk to me. I’m sorry.” Oh, my gosh I felt so bad for Will! But I guess Jake has his reasons… But this is going to have to be resolved one way or another…

Anyway, I’m digressing from the main point at the moment. I just wanted to tell you to keep up the good work and to post soon and to not leave me hanging to long of anticipation for chapter six! Also… Your story is very epic. _

-Legendofrandomness or pacifically the co-user WittyPirateBannter (If you want to get into detail...)
LegendsofRandomness chapter 3 . 9/14/2009
This is a really good story and I have been wanting to tell you for days now! But really wanted to post some of MY own stories fist... Then I got distracted. Sorry. But I was resently watching the movie and got interested and thought, 'oh, my gosh!There could be really good Fanfiction!' So I checked! Of course I was a little saddened at fisrt whn I saw there was only 98 but then I looked anyway! Yours was the first one I saw and I instantly fell in love with it! And when I finished reading your two chapters I went on to looking for some more good stories. I'm sorry to say I only found a few I liked... And everyone of them I found myself asking, 'Why isn't this persons like, Spirit414's Fanictions!'

SO I just wanted to tell you that I really love your story and REALLY want to see more! I love the whole brotherly love theme going throught! Please write more! I love this story!
hi again chapter 3 . 9/12/2009
"Will grimaced at the state of his brother and yawned, all those house staying awake at night finally catching up to him." When you wrote this did you mean to write hours and not house? Update soon please.
Vegetasgirl01 chapter 3 . 9/12/2009
Nice chapter. The fact that Jakob slept through the night makes me want to know why or if he dreamed anything at all that night. Bet tomorrow's hangover is gonna be a real bear!
47 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »