Reviews for Violent Dreams
MamzelleCombeferre chapter 9 . 7/8/2010
Oh! I just read all nine chapters in a day and I must say I am very impressed with this story. I just discovered this movie last weekend and fell in love. I was quite happy to find such a wonderful story about it on here. Can't wait for the next chapter. :)
anime-catdragon chapter 9 . 6/26/2010
Wow...You must be a mind reader...or maybe your reviewer is, because I was seriously just thinking about PMing you about updating this! It had been a very long time after all!

But this was well worth the wait. Short, but very well written. For the most part I've been feeling sorry for Jake, but after reading this chapter I'm starting to also feel for Will. Seeing his brother like that and feeling such guilt...poor guy. I really hope they can resolve things, and get to the bottom of poor Jake's nightmares. The poor guy deserves a night of restful sleep darn it! haha.

And this pang in Will's chest is very intriguing. I hope we get to learn the cause of their connection soon! Is it from the magic in the blade? And why after so much time between the tower and now is Jake having the dreams? So many questions! I can't wait for more, and I hope it doesn't take quite as long for the next update...but then, I shouldn't say anything, since I suck at finishing my own full-fledged stories, and I do realize that sometimes Real Life doesn't allow much time for writing. Anyways, I will still be here to read and review whenever the next installment is uploaded! Can't wait!

Lindewe chapter 8 . 6/26/2010
Hey there. I returned to the brothers Grimm archive after a long abscence as both reader and writer. I agree with you that this fandom needs some more fanfics without the usual Mary sue. The thing that most impressed me about this story is the way you related it to the real brothers Grimm, as well as the characters from the movie. Your language is flowing and I find the plot delightful. Even in the darkest moments of jakob's nightmares, redemption from the opposing will is always found. This is a really good story, even if you have left it in the dark for a while, I really hope you revisit it. Thank you for a wonderful story.
tistrust chapter 8 . 1/31/2010
i just read this today and i thought it was really good!

:D

hopefully one day you decide to finish it!
The March Hatter chapter 8 . 1/31/2010
aww. this is s GOOD! you simpley HAVE to update soon! i'm positively hooked on this story!
The March Hatter chapter 7 . 1/31/2010
Evil cliffhanger-ish-ness! i love this ch. so much!
The March Hatter chapter 6 . 1/31/2010
I RATHER LIKE THE IDEA OF THE HEART PANG/SIDE EFFECT. IT AS A GOOD WAY TO BRING JAKES NIGHTMARES AND HALLUCINATIONS TO FRUITION IN THE 'REAL' WORLD. ALSO IT'S GOOD FOR ANGHSTING JAKE. WHICH I LOVE.
The March Hatter chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
i don't think it's ooc at all! the dynamic between the two brothers was spot on, and, i might add, very well written.
rosebud23 chapter 8 . 1/3/2010
I so love this, please do continue! The idea itself is all very interesting, as I always thought that Jake would have some lingering issues with stabbing his own brother through the heart. Having nightmares seems so, just perfect! I also love the idea that the two are connected. Like I said, please do continue, I'd love to read more! :)
anime-catdragon chapter 8 . 12/23/2009
Aww that was very cute! Sorry I haven't reviewed in awhile, school and such, you understand :) But very adorable. I especially liked the end. It's about time Will decided to be nice to his brother! Goodness! Haha well I look forward to the next chapter! Till then!

ps. Happy Holidays!
anime-catdragon chapter 7 . 11/28/2009
Um...I FUCKING LOVED THIS CHAPTER! ehem...ugh so sorry! I hate to be that kind of reviewer who only leaves it at that so let's just see if I can find something constructive to say that will be of some use to you...umm..ok...well for starters it was much too short, I did not enjoy that piece :) but oh well. Ugh I don't know, I didn't really find anything in here that you could work on, which I guess is really good right? haha.

I really liked how you integrated Jake's dream with what was actually happening with Will and his woman of the night. I thought that was very well done. It definitely helped with the end in showing how dreams and reality have really meshed so that Jake can't tell what's real anymore. I REALLY love that idea! It's something I've been playing around with in a few of my own stories so it's nice to see someone else has the same sort of idea!

Also I like how it seemed Will's little scar trouble seems to occur when something happens with Jake. I'm not sure if that's how you meant it to seem but to me this makes them seem more connected. I do think that maybe putting a few tiny strings of this in the previous chapters would have been a little more beneficial to the reader, but you seemed to have explained it away enough in the previous one so that it doesn't seem too out of the blue, though I still feel like there may have been a bit too much of it in this chapter since you only just brought it up...but still. Not a huge deal, just something to maybe think about in later chapters. All in all I LOVED this. I really hope you update this soon because now I'm dying to know what happens! What is going on with Jake that he's having these horrific nightmares all the time? And can Will save him? Ugh my poor Jake! I just want to give him a hug! Ok, so hurry up with the update my dear!

Till then

~Cat

ps. I'm not saying you really need a beta, but if you would like someone to look over this for you I would not mind :)
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 6 . 11/27/2009
OMG! PLZZ FINISH! THIS STORY ROCKS! I WANNA KNOW WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN TO WILL AND JAKE!
anime-catdragon chapter 6 . 11/21/2009
Hello!

I have just stumbled onto your story and I must say, very well written. Now, I'm extremely new to this fandom, and this is really my first story in it, but I must say, it is so refreshing to read something where the author has at least some real knowledge of how to WRITE!

Honestly, I've only recently returned to and I was saddly taken aback to what I've come back to. In most of the fandoms I frequent, all the wonderful and even half way decent writers have left, leaving far too much room for people who so obviously know nothing about writing. I swear if I happen to stumble upon another Mary-sue I'm going to kill someone! So you really must understand my full meaning when I say this is extremely refreshing!

You've stuck with and developed the characters marvoulesly. I def. feel like I could be watching a scene from the movie because they are so believable. The only little issue I have is that in some of the previous chapters there are quite a few typos that, though small, sort of take away from the sentence they are in. And in one part in particular, I believe in the fourth chapter, you use the phrase "wasted" to describe Jake and I just don't feel like they would have used that term in those days. That as well as the phrase "ok" are relatively new terms (I believe, though I'm not certain that OK was actually a native american term that translated to "it's a good day to die"). Now 'ok' doesn't stick out to me quite as much, though I really do feel 'alright' and 'fine' would be much better suited. Other than that this is a wonderful story and I can't wait to see what happens! Till next time

~Cat

ps. I also love the little brotherly moments. so very cute. I don't normally like incest fics so I am grateful that you haven't gone that far with them, but I do really love some brotherly fluff :)
quite chapter 6 . 11/20/2009
I love it, really! But please write another chapter soon :
Principessa Di Morte chapter 4 . 11/11/2009
Aw, brotherly love! Poor Jake, all scared and now hung-over. Poor Will, all confused and worried. :'( I love it! I would say keep going, but you already have! So yay! *runs off to read next chapter*
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »