Reviews for How to Heal
Guest chapter 13 . 2/12/2014
I keep wanting to pull for Rogue in this story but I wish she wouldn't be so damn wishy washy and make a damn decision.
Guest chapter 11 . 2/12/2014
Don't know where exactly your going with this story but I hope it involves Scott and Marie getting together on a more permenate basis.
Guest chapter 9 . 2/12/2014
Boy this story is chalk full of lying ass women, I'm beginning to wonder if any of the women in this story are honorable.
Guest chapter 8 . 2/12/2014
Nickleback and Daughtry! Yuck
Guest chapter 3 . 2/12/2014
As far as I'm concerned your version of Rogue makes her out to be just as bad as Jean
Guest chapter 2 . 2/12/2014
I'm liking this story so far, not to woopy about Logan banging every chick in the house but no story is perfect.
angelofjotunheim chapter 20 . 8/17/2013
My god, I gotta admit, this is the first time I've actually shed tears over a story. XD

Firstly, it's so beautifully written. Damn, I wished I had half your skill. My style of writing confuses even myself.

Secondly, reading this story was like a dream come true. It's so hard to find good ones that focus on Marie and Scott. I don't know about you, but I find that they fit each other really well. Well that and 'cause I ship Scogue (Among the many others I ship with Rogue.) :D

Thirdly, I'm so racked with emotions right now. And THE FEELS. Thank you. :)

Kount Xero chapter 20 . 3/2/2013
And I was wondering why I had never finished this... pity I didn't do it sooner.

So, on the plus column: great story. The emotional rollercoaster bit of a love quadrangle was protrayed admirably, the whole second-and-third-thoughts, the difficulty of maintaining social order while courting disorder underneath it all, the difficulty people in high-stress situations have with discerning their own emotions (which, with the whole JFK bit, is shown to often play second fiddle to any situation that might arise at any moment.) Characterizations were spot-on, Rogue especially, which I lurved. What it all adds up to is borderline. I loved it.

On the minus column: the dialogue was difficult to follow at times (I often had to back-track to the last reference and count lines to find out who was saying what,) and the constant mention of each other's names kinda made me cringe, as, like I wrote before, people don't add the name of the person they're addressing at the end of every other sentence.

Otherwise, though, kickass story you've got there.
Kount Xero chapter 10 . 11/16/2012
A drink with Charles, love the concept...
Kount Xero chapter 8 . 11/15/2012
Choose carefully meaning Nickelback!? Seriously!? Of course, then again, Rogue just be catching on the tastes of others, hm, good point.

Love the quiet contemplation air of this chapter. Love the easy-to-see parallels Rogue's thoughts are spelling out - yes, exactly.
Kount Xero chapter 7 . 11/15/2012
Oh wait, I never thought about "gone" meaning gone-gone. So this is after Bishop killed Xavier to get at Hope?

Otherwise, interesting play with Logan popping by and Rogue feeling that, despite the fact that she really really wants to, she has to commit. For a drifter, her need for roots being equally strong (usually expressed in Gambit) and that, my friend, is why I'm loving this fic so damn much.
Kount Xero chapter 6 . 11/15/2012
Dude seriously, people don't say the name of the person they are addressing, this is driving me nuts! I keep cracking up!

Anyyyway, liking the balance. Don't ask me what it means, I don't know, I'm just liking the balance.
Kount Xero chapter 5 . 11/15/2012
Sex as an outlet and sex as connection, I'm liking your treatment of the concept more and more - especially with characters constantly under duress, it's... a good observation, if nothing else.
Kount Xero chapter 4 . 11/15/2012
Objection, Xavier didn't treat Rogue all that well. During one of the flashbacks (I can't remember where, maybe right before the San Fransisco riots, anyway) it was shown that Xavier actually treated Rogue like crap and did everything he could to make her feel worthless in their private counseling sessions. For good cause, he thought, but still. There is barely anyone dear Charlie didn't actively try to frak up, the sicko...

The characterizations (apart from constantly saying each other's names in casual conversation), so far, are spot-on. Scott is always able to talk about what he feels and needs, it's just that what he feels and needs may not always have a bearing on the real world. He says it, but doesn't always mean it, and it's kind of hard to decide what he says in bouts of anger and what he says in honesty. Dead-on.

Rogue, keeps it close to the chest, says little, but always means it. Love how she lives everything in her head in this fic, says so little, but so much. Given that she is (some incarnations more than others) a character I'm fond of, I'm glad she's being represented so well.

So, yeah, still intrigued, and curious to see where this is going.
Kount Xero chapter 2 . 11/15/2012
You piqued my interest, as well as my irritation - why are they constantly saying each other's names, damn it!?

Otherwise, you got me interested. Which is hard to do nowadays.