Reviews for Scar Tissue
Re-reading this chapter I am spotting some continuity mistakes: according Asuka they were alone a week before Misato found them, but they were alone for longer according later chapters. Likewise, Asuka tells that she had no traces left of her battle against the MP-Evas, but her scars are brought up in many scenes throughout the whole story.

Anyway it is understandable that since your story is so long, complex, and every chapter takes a long time (totally understanble since you have to give priority to your real life), there are some continuity mistakes.

Nonetheless, if you are reading this and considering to look over all chapters in order to fix mistakes, I implore you to not do so before completing the story. Please, finish your fic first. Changing two lines is not a big deal and I would not want it delaying the arrival of a new chapter.

You are doing a great work. Please, do not stop.
Great, great story. As far as I am concerned, it is one of the greats of Eva fanfiction, right like Child of Love, The One I Love Is, Re-Take, The Second Try, Once More With Feeling, Higher Learning, Nobody Dies, Shinji and Warhammer 40,000, Thousand Shinji, Orchestrating the Silence, Evangelion 303 (a real good Evangelion webcomic. Check it!) and Advice and Trust.

I crave for reading more. I also hope that Shinji and Asuka do not die. After all rubbish that they have gone through they deserve becoming happy. Since there is only one Eva and Shinji does not want to leave Asuka alone again, I guess that they will again sit together in the Unit 02's cockpit? If that is the case, it will be glorious.

By the way, only in case that you are not aware of it, Scar Tissue has an article in Tvtropes.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/10/2014
Hello and welcome to our humble resturant, Madame Nigoki! Would you like our ultimate recipe of Revenge, sweetened with Eva Series flesh? Or should we add a side of satisfaction to that meal?
Guest chapter 4 . 12/10/2014
The best way to start a conversation with someone you tortured for 8 months STRAIGHT is obviously an "um,hi" I mean everybody knows that! Good job asuka you started that conversation off really nicely. You shall be best friends now.

- A sarcastic commenter
Raymond Marooni chapter 14 . 12/7/2014
I love this fic. Please continue
MisterHalt chapter 14 . 12/3/2014
Hmm. Only one Eva, it wants Asuka, and yet apparently Shinji will have to pilot again. I foresee both of them in Unit-02 like with Gaghiel, only with (slightly) fewer insults. And possibly a "was it good for you too?" afterwards.

I actually like Dmitri. Probably because he's Russian. He wouldn't have the same impact on the story if he was Japanese or something.

I'm half-expecting to see the nurse and the instructor together by the end of the story, given how she talks about him.

I hope your workload eases off soon, can't wait for more of this!
FelipeFritschF chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
One of the best dark Eva fics. It's deliciously disturbing, yet manages to keep from that "oh dear me the world is so terrible, life sucks, pain, pain, pain, sorry gotta cut my wrists 'cuz I guess that's appropriate" emo feel that's pervasive in most Eva fics, creating a more believable enviroment where things have gone to shit.

While I think your charachterization of both Shinji and Asuka are valid and organic, I do think you went a bit... overboard with both of them. Shinji has learned NOTHING from Instrumentality and just reaches the maximum level of wallowing and self-pity, while Asuka lets her demons and "fa├žade" personality controle her, also to a logical extreme. It's interesting because, as far as I can tell, she didn't carass him in the beach in this timeline. However, it's rather interesting to observe how all the shit that happened is essentially due to Shinji recusing to consider the possibility that something ISN'T his fault. Survivor's guilt of sorts, yeah, but then again, it's just a tad bit too much. If he at least tried to say something "Sorry Asuka, I know this sucks and all but it's not like I wanted it, there's this whole big decades old conspiracy by a powerful secret society thing, my insane mom's plans, which by the way I refused because I'm not always a wimp, so, uhm, you can thank me for being alive later, Rei being a clone, etc", pointing out Misato's back and the world is coming back reasonably well (I wonder if there's a fic where people debate the sociopolitical effects of Instrumentality a 100 years later, whether SEELE or Shinji are heroes who united mankind or something like that), etc. But no, Shinji just had to feel oh so guilty and take it all, it's no wonder Asuka starts to feel like he deserves it too. She also feels like shit, just like Misato does, but well, it's not always easy to change the status quo, is it?

Also, the disturbing scenes here are of sky-high quality, the lime scenes such as the "Fap to me shinji, yeah, you like that don't you sick fuck, look at the scars you gave me, they turn you on don't they? Admit it already. Oh come and kiss me honey-BASTARD WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME? I'm such a monster". I'll NEVER forget that, one of the most memorable scenes I've ever read I think

Even so, it just makes it all the much better when they start to get over it.

Dimitri is also made of raw awesomeness, comrade. Mother Russia thanks you for your service. The Motherland awaits for updates as well. Or else...
COBRASTEVE chapter 14 . 11/13/2014
I gotta say, the depth of your involvement and the dialog of these characters is almost scary. It's almost like we're watching the story unfold personally. I really love this story.
Just tell me this sick Russian POS is going to get his. What a deranged psycho! Gives my the 5star willies!
Wow, great job.
COBRASTEVE chapter 12 . 10/22/2014
Wow, I asked and boom, there was Rei. Severely pissed off too! Great so far. I hope you really screw this Russian prick over good. Nobody shoots the Shin man!
COBRASTEVE chapter 10 . 10/9/2014
I hope you'll minimize new characters and Steele in general but what a great story so far. Such depth... I would like Rei back though.
00zau chapter 14 . 10/6/2014
Once again, a new chapter of your excellent work gets my heartrate pounding while I read it. I don't even smoke and I want a f***ing cigarette after this. The world needs more fic like this. Angst with a light at the end of a tunnel. Too much (NGE) fic either ignores the angst, or ends with half of everyone blowing their brains out (and that doesn't look like the direction you're headed... I hope).
gore23 chapter 14 . 10/3/2014
I Loved it, Love the length especially. Was planning for bed, but seen this and had to read, It is now morning and I have had no sleep... D

You have done a nice job, I noticed that you are not scared to be descriptive or really get into any subject luckily. Such as the sexual side or torture, gore, brutality, esc... I really like that, it feels more mature and because of it, it feels like you credit the reader to be a competent adult/person. I wonder though, will you by chance be pursuing the whole sexual relationship such as with the spooning/erection/offer scene? It would be nice to actually see him start to get some gratitude, or anything really from the relationship aside from being in it itself after what he went through. Not like I am going to go and get off on such a scene, it would be appropriate, and simply be nice to see with the nature of the story and with the relationship they have had. It would be entertaining/fun to read at the very least. I hope this goes in a positive direction rather than a sad ending... I enjoy the sadistic transition into recovery and happiness type of story. Cannot stand the ones that end it sad by killing a lover or something, it just leaves a sour, annoyed feeling rather than satisfaction that I read.
gorgeousshutin chapter 14 . 10/2/2014
As someone also struggling to finish up my own long!fic, I can totally understand the difficulties in finishing up epic length fanfics. Thank you for this wonderful update, and I'll be patiently waiting for the next chapter.
COBRASTEVE chapter 5 . 10/2/2014
Wow, I gotta say, you sure know how to build a cliffhanger ending...(It's great)
COBRASTEVE chapter 3 . 10/1/2014
This is a great story, but I hope Asuka can make this up to Shinji somehow...THAT is gonna be some trick!