Reviews for Scar Tissue
PotatoCouch chapter 4 . 8/21
Isn't bone organic too?
Ethan Lee chapter 17 . 7/15
Mate, I've got to hand it to you; you really did a superb job in depicting the characters (especially Asuka). It just felt so natural and not so 'out-of-her-character', ya get what I'm saying? Even for Shinji, how he had to have mental support for the recent emotional conflict with Asuka (again, depicted awesomely, not out of Shinji's character)

I would really much love to say 'Holy Shit, this story is the most 'epic-est' (lol, is that even a word?) story ever!'. But with words being less meaningful than having someone say something face to face, I would just settle with with small 2 symbolled emoji.

P.S. No rush on your update schedule, and bloody hell does wine taste great. (Il Grigio Gran Selezione, that wine was amazing, got to try all the unhealthy shit before you die ya know what I mean?)
/pBnOjh3CimM

I listened to that the entire time I was reading this.

It was a stupid decision.

It made the entire thing so much worse.
Love the last few chapters. I haven't read scar tissue in almost a year and just now reread evert chapter. Such a good fan fiction for NGE. KEEP THEM COMING. I PRAY THIS ISN'T DROPPED!
Scraplord32 chapter 2 . 5/30
Reading chapter: Wow, this is pretty cool
Sees inspirational music choice: Alrighht, best fic, 10/10, would 10 again

But yeah, this is phenomenal.
So, like, is this story dead, or was this the end? I greatly enjoyed it, if it's still going i hope you update soon
Mareanbeast chapter 17 . 4/21
I have never read something that started me out hating characters so much and brought me around to supporting them as the story progressed. I LOVE this story! Your writing style is superb, and I really dig the WAFF elements, especially interspersed with the angst. When I started reading this story, I was horrified by your depictions, but the way you worked the characters around, especially Asuka, made me want to keep reading and I eventually started rooting for both her and Shinji! Please keep up the good work, and I hope that we see more of you on this soon! Thank you!
dratkins chapter 17 . 4/21
And so I reach the end of the posted chapters. Ah well.

This fic came highly recommended, and I concur with the recommendation. Especially how you deal with the themes of depression, repressed anger, confronting yourself, etc... Some parts of it seem quite autobiographical, I admire your courage at bringing those parts of yourself to the story. Some parts seemed maybe like wish fulfillment but I'm not sure.

The items that most struck me as out of place is that the Children have so much time to recover after each stressful event; that doesn't seem like Eva. You build up SEELE and Dmitri as big threats, but they end up doing very little.

The character of Dmitri is interesting. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to identify with him or not. The "insane psychopath" is played up, for sure, but he has nothing but patience in dealing with his colleagues. He seems to be the character with the most integrity, most internal consistency: every single person that he targets richly deserves it, and more. He also saves the protagonists' lives (and maybe even souls) multiple times. I tend to view him as a benevolent trickster, not as a rival to Shinji.

The poor GeoFront security, both physical and electronic, I guess is in keeping with canon. Surprising that no one seems to be concerned about it for more than a few sentences.
Please More Asuka x Shinji moments
Unrealistic Introduction
AllMyGimpSuits chapter 9 . 3/2
Amazing. The emotion here feels raw and unsettling real in this story. I love how it's not just a an agnst romance but also has parallel story involving this fucking russian version of jason bourne. Please keep this up. It is too good to not finish. I'm having a hard time pacing my way through this and not just reading it all at once. But I know it's better that way
AhumbleHalofan chapter 17 . 2/27
I just wanted to tell you I've finally gotten around to fully rereading your story and it is STILL fucking amazing. You still seem to use on instead of in when you're writing but that's such a small thing it doesn't matter. I really hope to see this updated and completed soon.

Also on a side note after reading this story if Asuka mad Shinji ever attempt to have sex again those two are going to encounter some serious problems. As much as they have both healed from their past pains I don't think either one of them have fully healed from that abuse.
AllMyGimpSuits chapter 1 . 2/26
Asuka killing Shinji? Love really is pain. Really interesting, gonna keep this one in the vault.
taken22 chapter 7 . 2/22
If there has ever been a story that has pissed me off enough to want to murder a character it's this one, seriously I actually had to stop reading it because every other thought in my head was a death threat or insult towards Asuka so much so that I can't read anymore.

I do believe you have just permanently given me an emotional attachment to abuse victims simply because of Shinji.
This was really good. Very emotional. Hope to read more when you continue it. Thanks for writing it.