Reviews for Scar Tissue
By all that's ho chapter 6 . 8/24
ly!
Heavens frakking sake and all of gods mercy.
I don't know if I like or don't like, but damn these feels I get.
A world of monsters for monsters.
And there's a token of what she could do, to show that she's sorry, for repentance, for herself and his sake. But I won't tell, no~no.
Holy shit of a m chapter 2 . 8/24
Holy shit of a muthafakk.
U take the crazy of the original series very to heart aren't ya'?
lose chapter 12 . 7/26
Gosh, what a work of art this fic is. The angst, the drama, the emotion... it's all written so well and realistically that it's hard not to marvel that a fic like this even exists. You absolutely nail everyone (especially Asuka's) dialogue and create such perfect motivations and reactions for every character... ah! It's just hard to put into words how good your story is. From the first chapter, I was completely sucked in and pretty much heartbroken instantly. The fic just gets more and more cathartic as it wears on.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a sick person but I love angsty stories and this just does it. It's incredibly well crafted and very well written, so kudos! Lots of kudos! All of those abusive scenarios... man they were all so real and incredibly well written. I could totally see Asuka going that far after third impact and just progressively getting more and more violent as time goes on. I have to say, my two "favorite" flashback scenarios are the Birthday scene, and the scene where he smiled in the convenience store for the first time.

Oh god, the birthday scene... That was so fucked up, but also so very well written. I felt like I was right there by the way you described it, and I couldn't help but be utterly disgusted but I also obviously had to keep reading and cling to every word that was written. "Happy birthday, Shinji." Jesus, that's good writing man.

Anyways, I really, really do love your story. I think the major themes that it hits on (domestic abuse, dependence, guilt, etc.) are addressed perfectly. You can understand why the things that happen happen, but you're still disgusted in the end, yet also still hoping that the two can find some semblance of happiness with each other after all is said and done. Yeah, 10/10 story. Truly awesome work.
Its back! Yess! i have been looking forward to this for so long i had almost given up hope, great character moods and actions and the relationship is still believable, even for these two broken kids. Keep it up, Im looking forward to the next chapter. thumbs up! Dont let this gem dull and disappear, keep going. Big fan!
Timeskipper1 chapter 14 . 4/25
Soooo... sorry if it took me quite some time to review this, but between university (YES I STARTED MEDICINE THIS YEAR) and personal problems, I've been off for quite some time. So, it seems that Shinji's finally defeated the beast. Maybe he hasn't put all his demons to sleep, but he has overcome that one gatekeeper. The most crucial step has been taken, and it seems that Asuka has started to make up with Hikari, Touji and Kensuke.
Kinda surprised at Dmitri double-crossing SEELE so soon. I kinda expected it to happen, but not just now. It does make sense, though. So this was Gendo's plan? The bastard is even smarter than he looked initially. Well, I have to give him credit: if that is his way of trying to make it up to Shinji... I'd say it's been pretty f'ing good. I really look forward to the meeting between father and son...

Kinda pissed at how the main conflict has been almost touched but then resolved so easily, but I guess that starting the all-out conflict mid-story, lengthening this behemoth even more, was a bit complicated.

Also, very satisfying to see that SEELE bastard die. I wonder if old man Ikari, aka SEELE 06 (IIRC), is still alive or he's in the sea of LCL...
logan chapter 1 . 4/22
I've been reading this story off and on for a long while now. I love how you've kept the psychological trauma but also made the overarching themes about forgiveness and transcendence. I know life can really get in the way of fanfiction but please keep at it! this story needs to be finished.
Canuck101 chapter 14 . 4/10
This story is amazing. Please update soon
takatomatsuki1fan chapter 14 . 4/2
Can't wait for 15
RedDestroyer1361 chapter 14 . 3/5
Also, deathbringer, from one music fan to another, these are the songs I thought of when reading the story. They may even help inspire the future chapters.

Slayer

-The Root Of All Evil

Agalloch
-Odal

Metallica
-Welcome Home (Sanitarium), actually the very first that came to mind
-My Friend Of Misery
-Low Mans Lyrics

Finger Eleven
-Slow Chemical

Three Days Grace (not a huge fan, but the following songs really do fit)
-I Hate Everything About You

Foo Fighters
-Long Road To Ruin

Isole
-Black Hours
-Pretty much the entire album Silent Ruins, but especially Nightfall and Dark Clouds

Katatonia
-Pretty much the whole album Dead End Kings, but especially Hypnone and Ambitions

King Crimson

-Diary Of A Madman

Panic Room
-Tightrope Walking

Shadow Gallery
-The entire album Tyranny, especially I Believe, Roads Of Thunder, Spoken Words (mostly due to the lyrics in the chorus), and New World Order

SmoKe
-Blue Avenue pt.2

Witchfinder General
-Invisible Hate
RedDestroyer1361 chapter 1 . 3/5
Holy crap...I'm floored, plain and simple. I think this story is a probable example of what could be expected to occur after the events of EoE. Everyone seems very much in character, Shinji and Asuka in particular seem spot on.

Some may find it debatable that they might retrograde as far as they did upon their return, but I think it wholly possible that that could occur. So blinded are they by their own pain, guilt, trauma, and the seeds of insanity that have planted themselves in their minds, they honestly can't see the potential for a better future that their return has granted them.

Any lesson they learned during Third Impact was completely lost on them at first due to the trauma, fear, anger, and confusion they felt when faced with one another (likely it's also the reason that many people are not happy with the current state of the world). But they begin to overcome their pain and the lingering mistrust and hate. Therein lies the true appeal of this story; the themes of accepting responsibility for past transgressions, redemption through more than mere apology, and ultimately, of forgiveness for others and oneself.

A note to the author himself:
I loved the fact that you mentioned what songs inspired your work, not least because I'm actually a fan of several of the bands you've cited. Most particularly Opeth, Dream Theater, Metallica, Motörhead, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Indeed, you cited Reverie/Harlequin Forest by Opeth on one chapter (Hours Of Wealth, I think [another Opeth reference there]).

Harlequin Forest is, alongside The Greener Grass by Fair To Midland, my FAVORITE song of all time. So kudos for excellent taste in music deathbringer :)
Re-reading this chapter I am spotting some continuity mistakes: according Asuka they were alone a week before Misato found them, but they were alone for longer according later chapters. Likewise, Asuka tells that she had no traces left of her battle against the MP-Evas, but her scars are brought up in many scenes throughout the whole story.

Anyway it is understandable that since your story is so long, complex, and every chapter takes a long time (totally understanble since you have to give priority to your real life), there are some continuity mistakes.

Nonetheless, if you are reading this and considering to look over all chapters in order to fix mistakes, I implore you to not do so before completing the story. Please, finish your fic first. Changing two lines is not a big deal and I would not want it delaying the arrival of a new chapter.

You are doing a great work. Please, do not stop.
Great, great story. As far as I am concerned, it is one of the greats of Eva fanfiction, right like Child of Love, The One I Love Is, Re-Take, The Second Try, Once More With Feeling, Higher Learning, Nobody Dies, Shinji and Warhammer 40,000, Thousand Shinji, Orchestrating the Silence, Evangelion 303 (a real good Evangelion webcomic. Check it!) and Advice and Trust.

I crave for reading more. I also hope that Shinji and Asuka do not die. After all rubbish that they have gone through they deserve becoming happy. Since there is only one Eva and Shinji does not want to leave Asuka alone again, I guess that they will again sit together in the Unit 02's cockpit? If that is the case, it will be glorious.

By the way, only in case that you are not aware of it, Scar Tissue has an article in Tvtropes.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/10/2014
Hello and welcome to our humble resturant, Madame Nigoki! Would you like our ultimate recipe of Revenge, sweetened with Eva Series flesh? Or should we add a side of satisfaction to that meal?
Guest chapter 4 . 12/10/2014
The best way to start a conversation with someone you tortured for 8 months STRAIGHT is obviously an "um,hi" I mean everybody knows that! Good job asuka you started that conversation off really nicely. You shall be best friends now.

- A sarcastic commenter
Raymond Marooni chapter 14 . 12/7/2014
I love this fic. Please continue