Reviews for The Fallen Star: A Tale of Redwall
Species Unknown chapter 10 . 6/11/2012
well, for one, Brian makes one or two chapters all about one area, whether it is the happenings a Redwall, the vermin, or at the Mountain Fortress. he doesn't move between two in one chapter
anon chapter 9 . 5/15/2011
omg...brian jacques is dead ( i didnt even know that! wtheck? where have i been for the past few months? Im hoping to get his book the Rogue Crew i love your story btw it put me in the mood to re-read all the redwall books. Keep writing!
Patchyman chapter 10 . 4/24/2011
Really, REALLY sorry I haven't gotten around to reviewing this story yet. I'm loving it so far, especially with the introduction of the new species. It definitely adds a different flair to the traditional Redwall story.

I'm also loving the Hellgates and all of the nasty, back-stabbing crew. The characters are very believable, but dynamic as well.

Keep it up! Waiting with baited breath for the next chapter.
Mr. Martin chapter 10 . 4/19/2011
The plots aboard the Hellgates thicken!

Seems like Furborgg is going to be an ally to the Redwallers (maybe)

What sort of insect? "The patient one"? A spider perhaps?

So many questions. I love it!

Until your next chapter,

T0M Serv0 chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
The summary made the story sound like it truly would be a catastrophic event, yet when I read the prologue, the tension I felt dissappeared. I felt as if the prologue spoiled the event for me, like I was reading the ending. Salamandastron is still around and the abbey too, even though in the summary of the story it brought the tension that the abbey was going to fall. With that, I might still read it to see just what occured, but now that everything feels okay, the tension is a little bit deflated. Sorry for repeating myself...
Mr. Martin chapter 9 . 4/16/2011
Ahh,

Nice to have an update after so long. I think Mr. Jacques would be quite proud of this tribute to his work.

I've heard of Humboldt squids before. Yikes!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Until your next chapter,

Redwallfreak108 chapter 8 . 3/20/2010
o i like! sons of cluny? one of bones? they are interesting characters I will say that! So update soon cuz i wan to c what happens next!
Mr. Martin chapter 8 . 3/20/2010
Hmm,

it seems there are portents appearing in the skies of Mossflower country.

The Sons of Cluny? Oh dear, just what we need. An entire tribe of rats with whip-like tails.

The One of Bones? Very appropriate for a vermin fortune-teller.

Whoever this mysterious squirrel is, I like 'em, not even giving the vermin time to cry out before knocking them out cold.

Post the next chapter soon!
Redwallfreak108 chapter 7 . 2/7/2010
i like your style! i want to see what happens next so update a.s.a.p!
LstC3ltacorn chapter 3 . 2/1/2010
Okay i was a bit lost at the lack of explaination about what the wooden whale actually was...i guess a ship.

You definitly captured the gluttonous sprit of a Redwall repast although it could have done with a good old ditty/shanty from the garrulous hare wot, wot! And you did the moles dialouge quite well, I love their slang/accent. Overall you immitated B Jaques writing style quite well and especially with a good descriptive paragraph to introduce the scene at hand. I hope to see a bit of blood n'thunder sooner or later though, i've only read chapt1 so far...nice job!
Mr. Martin chapter 7 . 2/1/2010
Oh,

Great chapter. So many things all happening, Adrian and Rosaline are getting closer to each other, both Martin and Morath send portents of the future and Guldar's crew plot agaianst each other like true vermin should.

Can't wait for the next chapter,

Mr. Martin chapter 6 . 1/10/2010
This Shadran character sounds like a bit like Shadow from the original book, very mysterious.

I do hope Sir Gustof and his daughter survive. They'd probably be excellent main characters if you let them.

Whale Spear? Dang, that's almost like the famous crossbow in Redwall, works a lot better though.

It's wonderful to see you working on this story again Kerian. I hope you have more coming soon.
Galadriadhar chapter 3 . 8/31/2009
Loved it. Friar Jon, Barm and Twill, Morwen, all of them are greatly constructed. From the way this story is going, I can already guess the main pairing. One thing I noticed is that you said Adrian was 16 "years" old. Mostly the Redwallers reckon time in seasons. Just a little heads-up.
Mr. Martin chapter 5 . 8/31/2009
Well, Captain Guldar is certainly a Pine Marten, surrounding himself with ill-gotten beauty. I wonder where his bear-skin rug came from...

Intersting character you have in Vixen. Mr. Jacques never had any female baddies before, and she's a mink, not a minx.

Poor bear cub, he needs to be rescued (or escape) right quick. By the way he needs a name.

Ah, I always like scenes with the Dibbuns, the little ones always touch the inner child in all of us.

Yep, I definitly sense romance between Adrian and Rosaline.
Ripedeath chapter 4 . 8/30/2009
Awesome chapter, I was going to review all the chapters but I decided to just review one instead. The only problem is that instead of beasts you said men, like 'he said to his men' instead of in the redwall stories where they said 'he said to his horde' or 'he said to the beasts'. There's a bear? Awesome, is it like three time bigger than the other animals?

Ugh I'm sad now, I dont like writting so much on a review, it's just I love Redwall