Reviews for Inevitable
atheneblue chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Fyrefly-

I don't even know where to start. The concept is brilliant, and you hit Jon spot-on (IMHO), something which I don't have the guts to even attempt. The lyricism of your writing is magnificent, as always. Your imagery is concise, well-ordered, evocative, and (at times) horrifying.

There are a few typos, but overall the prose is perfect. I might suggest, however, (and humbly!) that you re-order this as more than a one-shot. I certainly do not suggest that you make each vignette a chapter, but I think that the time and attention you give to "would-be fiancee Blair", while necessary, unbalances the piece somewhat. Perhaps a chapter before, then one chapter dedicated to that Blair, then the final Blair and the epilogue. Or you could make it seven to mirror the Genesis imagery. ;)

Sorry it took me so long to read it, but I think I shall do so again and again. Love and admiration,

atheneblue
Onitna chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
This was beautiful. Thank you for creating it. The correlation between Laurie and Blair and Jon and Walter delicately spun of pain was very touching. I thought you did an excellent job with the narrative voice, not too dispassionate at all-just enough to really drive home the emotions/torment observed. I've only seen the Watchmen movie, but this piece matched the tone, the essence of the movie in my opinion. I've obtained a bit of closure over Rorschach's death. Jon's murder of him didn't sit well with me and this helped it settle a bit, I suppose.

Very well done.
8I chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I can't put into words how incredible I find this story. I really liked that it was from Jon's point of view, and I think you got his character down perfectly. This is such a tragic story, but a pleasure to read.

I always pictured Blaire with dark brown hair...
fEmAleNoMad chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Well, I loved this. Your writing style is beautiful, and I was entranced by the story from beginning to end. I love the idea of alternate universes, and I think they are really interesting in this case, because there are just so many "what ifs" (and the best part of fanfiction is you can answer them yourself). I barely know anything about Watchmen, but I think you did a very good job staying in-character and exploring Blair's personality as well. You seem to have put a lot of time and effort into this, and it has turned out beautifully. Excellent work.
1note chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Darn it. I read this story at the public library's computer lab and almost lost it. It's not often I claim a tragedy as a favorite, I'm too much of a sap, but this story moved me too deeply to ignore.

'Scuse me, I need to wipe my eyes. *SNIFF*
UnderworldHybrid chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Oh my God. That was absolutely beautiful. It made me cry. I loved that it was from Jon's POV rather than someone actually experiancing it. I thought this was one of the best thing's I've ever read bar none, including all the classics I've had to read for school. It was that good. I honestly wonder how you are not published yet. Please write something for poor Walter/Rorschach. I'd be so happy and excited to read it and poor poor Rorschach deserves somesort of happiness in his life.
Cadet Deming chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
You nailed Jon's voice.
THC chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Wow...

That... was absolutely brilliant! I thought you were able to capture Jon's character through his narration perfectly! Not only that, but it definitely suited this story.

As for the story (or stories I suppose XD) itself, I liked how Blaire's role in Walter's life changed but still remained the same in the end with Walter fully becoming Rorschach.

The only problem I find is that all the good Walter/Rorschach stories that are halfway decent always end in tragedy. It seems that even in fanfiction Walter is destined for a sad life in the end T_T;
DanceswithElvis chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
This was incredible. It was heartbreaking and it churned my emotions in so many ways. You have Jon's narration down pat, and you have Walter as well.

This review is incoherent because not only am I in awe of this fic, but I'm also crying. A hard thing to do is move me to tears, and you have.

Very well done. Bravo.
Katie Havok chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
I don't think I will ever read another fanfiction as well put-together, thought-out and characterized as this one, and I'm not sure that I *want* to. This hurt in all the best ways. Well done, and this going right into my favorites.
sepulchreangel chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
oh my holy crap.

This was so... I don't think there are words to describe how true to the GN that felt. First of all, you have jon down. DOWN. And that is so hard to do. Second, you have RORSCHACH down so well. In all the universes you made for him, he was still HIM and you could tell. And the IDEA for this story was so painful and powerful it really fit with the tone of the GN in regards to Rorschach's life. It makes so much SENSE. Anyways, this was amazing and i look forward to reading more from you. :)
Nineteenth Souljah chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Friggin’ brilliant.

It’s been awhile since I’ve been so moved by a story; one of the few good ones that will leave such a lasting impression on me. I’m deeply in love with your prose and how you’ve written it through Osterman’s narrative style; it gives a more compelling, and three-dimensional feel to it.

I can relate to how writing a story can be difficult sometimes; especially when you’ve taken the time to do research for the sake of adding more depth and realism to your work while staying true to canon as much as you can. Though this is based on an AU concept, I find your characterisations of Roche and Kovacs, intriguing, very plausible and very well done.

I love the depth you’ve given Roche as it gives a glimpse of what she might have been like through alternate possibilities—Kovacs’ as well. I adored the romantic relationship they shared at some point. I don’t have a problem reading about Rorschach, or Kovacs falling in love...though I’m like most readers who tend to be very, very picky when it comes to romancing our dear Rorschach.

Yours is an exception, of course. I find myself hoping for a happy ending despite knowing how it’s going to end; can’t help but feel sorry for the man.

And this particular sentence sums up everything I love about this fic:

((Understand that I have witnessed many, many things in my years, especially as I watch the universes unfold. There is lust, and there is love, and then there is Great Love. I assure you, this last is the rarest of all. But once upon a time, just a few worlds over, Walter Kovacs had it.))

I’m sorry for I can offer no concrit; too caught up with the sheer goodness of this fic. It’s certainly a nifty piece of work that’s worth a read.

Here's hoping it gets more feedback it deserves.

Thank you so much for keeping me entertained!

Respect,