Reviews for A Disaster Beyond His Imagination
EntirelyInsane chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
This was gorgeous. I love the way you really got inside Erik's head...you captured his character really well, I think. And it sounds like you have a true understanding of music, as well...it really sounded like the thoughts of a composer.

And I can so hear that lone violin and "achingly beautiful" chord...

Overall, beautifully done.
Laura Schiller chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
It's only fitting for Erink to get writer's block once in a while, genius as he is. He's only human after all. A great idea and well executed, with his imagination and his worries. And of course Christine would be his Muse.
MissDoeEyes chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Well, this was certainly a nice read. The pace wasn't bad at all, and the characters weren't ooc. Good job!

-Mizuki's Star (TMB)
Disguise of Carnivorism chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
This actually impressed me. It's been unimaginably long since a Phantom of the Opera fanfiction actually genuinely impressed me. So long. People don't write PotO for the music, it seems, which is rather odd considering the nature of the story. (Apparently, Phantom fanfiction is ONLY Phantom fanfiction if Erik and Christine spend three days getting it on to the tune of Past the Point of No Return.) This... actually dealt with Erik as Erik, not Erik as Gerard Butler in tight pants. So thank you very much for that. "That" being artistic integrity, which seems to be surprisingly lacking over here on fanfiction net.

Also, the entire concept of Erik losing his muse was quite entertaining to read, especially as your Erik was a tad mental. Other than the subtle laughs dropped throughout the fic, there was some bona fide good writing going on. The dream scene was just genius. I could theoretically debate the nature of Erik's interactions with Christine, but I won't, because although I don't necessarily agree with certain aspects, it's obvious you bothered thinking them through-more than most can say.

At any rate. Splendid little fic you have here, and greatly deserving of a little more review attention. (Perhaps you should have Christine grope Erik in the author's note?) *ahem* Keep it up. You have semi-restored my faith in this fandom.

IGC t DM

(Sarcophagus, TMB's review race)
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
well, Erik, that was new, wasn't it? :)great story!
Reiko Rose chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
This was very nice! You can never really imagine Erik getting writer's block, but if he did, this would definately be one of the possible outcomes. And imagining his muse as Christine stayed true to his nature. Well done!