Reviews for The Third Guardian
Auron's Legend chapter 126 . 1/18
from PM from Chundercat:
I just wanted to thank you for writing this wonderful story. I'm not much of a critic but I thought the amount of time and effort that went into writing this must have been a monumental effort and had to leave you a message!

Whilst it has been a long journey reading the story alone it was fantastic for me personally to spend a bit of time before bed reading this for a few months. I really enjoyed how the characters developed and in particular the goodness in Braska and his impact on other people. I thought that how he became a pillar of hope for everyone and gained respect without commanding it was very enjoyable and when he did pass it was very noticeable. His fatherly relationship with Raiel and the others was a very nice and seeing how you made him question himself through out was very intriguing. Whilst you ultimately know he will do it you end up questioning It!

Jecht again was a great character who I missed when he passed. I enjoyed how you made his exterior very light but his inner turmoil was always grounding him. You genuinely felt like he cared for all of the guys but was always torn about going home and given the opportunity may take it. It was heart wrenching when the guardians were in Zanarkand knowing and hating their fate but powerless to stop it.

I really enjoyed Raiel as a character. She really was able to put a different edge onto the original story in my mind and the problems she faced throughout were horrific but how you wrote her I thought was very touching. When she died in gagazet it was a real kick in the stomach moment especially after the gagazet story which I particularly enjoyed. It was a relief that in the end she found happiness after her struggles with Aurons, baby braskas death and Seymours advances. It was a shame she didn't have children with Mikel but the ending left me fulfilled either way.

Kimahri I felt was also a great addition for me in the game I never really thought of him as a very young ronso but developing his story pre game was very satisfying. It was odd feeling his vulnerability on gagazet but I like how he was inspired to pursue his own path.

Auron was fantastic in my view. There was just enough character in him to show that he wasn't just a walking stone like in the game but very conflicted and passionate. Again although you know that he will eventually die it was still very sad when he got to Bevelle and passed knowing that his life with Raiel was over. It was very sad how one slip of his character effectively cost him his life and I really liked how you wrote it. Whilst you didn't write to the end of the game, I feel the ending when thinking along with the game was very nice and let me add my own feelings at the end of my first play through to your story.

Personally I think where you left the story in terms of Yuna's pilgrimage was a good choice as I don't think there would have been much in it for you to go over the same scenes without being able to put your own stamp on it. I think it was just right!

There is so much of this story that I enjoyed and I wish I was reading it whilst you were writing to give you more feedback but I can assure you this was definitely one of the most enjoyable stories I have read! Thank you very much and best wishes!
lukeskywalkeer chapter 14 . 1/13/2017
Awh she made poor Jecht cry
StryXx chapter 126 . 5/3/2015
(A very long review follows. You have been warned.)

I feel as though, after reading silently for so long, I owe you a long review of this story as a whole, the good and the bad.
First of all, I'd like to say that this story was an absolute pleasure to read, even though it did take a long time to get through to the end. You did such an incredible job of weaving together the story and characters with the original plot of FFX and what we already knew of Lord Braska's pilgrimage. You wrote Jecht, Braska's and Auron's exceptionally well, and Raiel fit in just perfectly to their group.
As much as I have enjoyed this journey, I do have a bit of constructive criticism to give, but know that I mean no disrespect.
For one, it was very wordy and a little too descriptive at time. Sometimes it's best to get straight to the point without dragging things out too much. My main concern with this is that such long descriptions may make people lose interest in the story, which would be a shame since it really is worth reading to the end.
There were also - in my opinion - too many names to remember. Between all of the members of the SS Unit/Flashpoint, the security detail in Zanarkand and even at times Rin's staff, I often found myself somewhat overwhelmed by all of these names I felt like I was meant to remember. In the end, it didn't have much of an impact on the experience, but it makes me feel almost a little guilty that I couldn't remember most of these characters along the way.
Aside from these points, I found this story to be a fantastic portrayal of the people involved in the journeys of Braska and Yuna. I am still amazed at how well you expressed the sentiments of all of these people, from a maniacal priest lusting for power to a young boy growing up in his lost father's shadow and so much more.
The phrase "Everyone in Spira has lost someone" has stuck with me from the beginning and remains with me even at the end of this long journey.
Thank you for your patience and devotion in writing this (and in reading this review!). I'm hoping to read more excellent stories from you.

-StryXx
MemoriesoftheForgottenGuardian chapter 126 . 1/11/2015
I finally got to read these last chapters...I cannot believe it is over. As much as I understand why you didn't go through the whole game-story, I still wish you had. I - and probably everyone who had been reading this - is going to miss everyone, all our new friends. Thank you for your dedication and persistence in writing out this masterpiece of a story.

- MFG
AmongUsAll chapter 126 . 11/27/2014
WOW! Well done with this story; I loved every word of it, the good times and bad. I only started reading this story around 8 months ago, but the years of work you put into this epic really show. This last chapter really made me smile, once again, well done! I'll definitely try to check out anything else you write, your writing really appeals to me. Good luck in your future endeavors!
AmongUsAll
Commissar Admiral Kordoshky chapter 126 . 11/27/2014
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! It's finished! I TOLD YOU SO you could do it! I should say I'm proud of you! But I think you're the older one *scratches chin* I can still say that I suppose.
buddyzmama chapter 125 . 11/18/2014
Poor Auron...dealing with a group of teenagers...*sniff*
AmongUsAll chapter 125 . 11/16/2014
Poor Auron, he sure tries, but he can only get the message so far…
Commissar Admiral Kordoshky chapter 125 . 11/15/2014
Auron... Keep it together man! *Sniggers then jumps in atomic bunker for protection.*
buddyzmama chapter 124 . 11/8/2014
I hope that Mikel gets better soon...
Commissar Admiral Kordoshky chapter 124 . 11/7/2014
Another story which is happy ánd sad! How do you do it? XD
Commissar Admiral Kordoshky chapter 123 . 10/27/2014
Yep. This is good! KILL SEYMOUR! We all know he'll die EVENTUALLY! So... *rubs hands gleefully* can't wait for the next one!

And YAY! they're back together.
Child of Entropy chapter 21 . 10/26/2014
*explosions in the background*
Attendant: Captain, the cuteness reading are off the chart! The Moe Machine is overheating! Captain?
Captain: *Near to the point of unconsciousness* Too... Much... Cute.
buddyzmama chapter 123 . 10/25/2014
Reunions...*sniff*
*sniffle*
Child of Entropy chapter 11 . 10/21/2014
Hey there! If I may say, you are amazing! You go into such amazing detail, and I am now hooked. This story is a great refresher, and being an aspiring writer myself, I feel inspired. Thank you, and please continue making stories as good as this one! FFX is one of y favorite games, and this point of view from a third guardian (As well as a love interest that can keep up with Auron) is pure genious. Keep up the good work!