Reviews for The Emperors of Washington
steph1068 chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
ok, first, i have to admit, i've been waiting for an update to 'trumped'... i'm sorry to hear it's on hiatus. i do hope you're able to resume it at some point, but that is my own selfish desire. apologies.

i heard about your newest fic today, and it's awesome. a gun-toting edward, killing off bella's lame-ass friends? and he stinks? whoa...an edward who doesn't smell heavenly? yeah, that's pretty hot. and bella's a little freaky herself - drawing flames on everything, removing fillings with a screwdriver?

i am a little sorry for all the animals being wantonly killed, though. at least the cat wasn't killed in this chapter - i was kind of holding my breath there for a minute or two.
Ms. Leading08 chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
Hm. I'm actually kind of stumped as to what to say about this one.

I guess it kind of goes back to that conversation Bella was having with Charlie before Lauren died. Only, it's like Edward loves her BECAUSE he hates her instead of loving and hating someone all at once.

I actually sort of liked that Edward was smelly and sweaty. He's always so freaking perfect. It's somewhat unsettling at times. Funny that I find him being a dirty psychopath more normal than him being perfect. Wonder what that says about me...

Anywho! This story is really, really interesting and really, REALLY different from anything I've read before.

I'm excited to see what happens next.
treymaine chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
I must be a strange person, but I adore psycho killer Edward.

This is a interesting tale so far. I cannot wait to see where you go with it.
Ms. Leading08 chapter 2 . 9/3/2009
So, I don't know why, but,

'"I want grapes. Do you have grapes?" Lauren asked, snot bubbling from her nose.

"Yes. I have grapes."

Gazing off, she wiped her nose on the back of her hand and smeared her hand against the couch arm. Then she looked around sheepishly, wondering if anyone caught her defiling my furniture.'

THAT, made me laugh. Hysterically.

The way Bella thinks about things is extremely strange...and yet I relate. There's something very relatable about her.

Anyway, I'm intrigued to say the least, so I guess that makes me a 'morbid hussy'? :)
Dubbayabee chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
Awesome, totally awesome. I love this story. Its twisted and funny. I too laughed everytime Edward killed someone.

Is it over? I hope its not over.
KnoKnayme chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
This story freaking rocks! I love this Edward... and your Bella is intriguing as well! This is a fave already...keep going!
likeamilliontoone chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
OK. umm. I'm really glad you're back.

This story is ...really something else.

I mean that in the best possible way. Totally unexpected. Can't wait for next update.
headre7 chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
Oh, Edward is such a psychopath! I loved this, "She's insane, bold. She's waiting to arrive. There's no one else for me."

I love Bella's justifications for going with Edward. That she could see herself as a hero and with purpose, and that this cold-blooded killer who felt no remorse for what he's done actually cared for her. She would be flattered by that.

"It's how I knew I loved you; I knew you were fated to be the center of my world, because I was going to kill everyone around you." Wow. I can't wait to see where you take us with this! I'm so hooked.
twistedcoincidence chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
woah. so different and i am completely hooked. its interesting that she doesn't seem to worry about herself in all of this. and even more interesting that he's so calm about what he's doing. all he wanted was her? now what? i'm dying to know. well not dying. odd word choice considering the story...you get the point
Whitetree-Nimloth chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
Waw, this is really a psycho tale. Very good though. i'll be waiting for the next chapter. I do wonder about the title too.
headre7 chapter 2 . 9/3/2009
Is it morbid that I get a little excited when someone gets killed? And that I laughed at this, "Lauren Mallory is dead. Killed while trying to post under a dead boy's account. The bullet carved a neat, red tunnel through her nose."?

I'm really loving this so far. I'm wondering what Edward's motive is, if he's doing this for Bella or if he's just getting back at them for teasing him so harshly. Maybe he knows Bella more than she thinks. I loved the image of him sitting cross-legged on her dog house, head shaved and smiling and waving at her like he didn't just kill Mike and wasn't about to kill Lauren. Methinks military school had the opposite affect than what it was supposed to have.

Loved the HP reference too...and Detective Briscoe. Law & Order owns me. And so does this fic, thanks for sharing!
Pudding Speck chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
So I find myself squicked out by this and also kinda in love with it. It's a complicated emotion.

Ambled over here by way of PastichePen, she rec'd, so I read. Am such a lame follower.. *hangs head*

So howdy! I'm interested to see where this goes. It's weirdly good. :)
readingmama chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
Wow, how the heck did Charlie end up on the Mandatory kill list?
headre7 chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Sorry about Trumped, I'm sad too but I'm glad you're back! And with a bang, I might add :)

Great start, I'm very intrigued by a psycho Edward. Bella is intriguing as well. I loved this, "Maybe it's because when I was little, I drew yellow flames a whole lot. The drawings featured houses on fire, trees on fire; little flames dancing above stick people's head, like apostles receiving the fire of Holy Spirit. In Forks, water was ubiquitous. I loved fire, because it could dry this soaking mess of a town out." Sounds like Edward is exactly what she needs. Love it already! I'm really into horror fics lately...
spargelkun chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
oh g!d, i love this. and i am so concerned about you, but as long as the murders are happening in wordprocessing.. and hey! you didn't let him kill the cat! that's something. truly though your a/n' s are just as worthwhile as the chapters. love.
2,587 | « Prev Page 1 .. 156 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 .. Last Next »