Reviews for The Emperors of Washington
Pudding Speck chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
So I find myself squicked out by this and also kinda in love with it. It's a complicated emotion.

Ambled over here by way of PastichePen, she rec'd, so I read. Am such a lame follower.. *hangs head*

So howdy! I'm interested to see where this goes. It's weirdly good. :)
readingmama chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
Wow, how the heck did Charlie end up on the Mandatory kill list?
headre7 chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
Sorry about Trumped, I'm sad too but I'm glad you're back! And with a bang, I might add :)

Great start, I'm very intrigued by a psycho Edward. Bella is intriguing as well. I loved this, "Maybe it's because when I was little, I drew yellow flames a whole lot. The drawings featured houses on fire, trees on fire; little flames dancing above stick people's head, like apostles receiving the fire of Holy Spirit. In Forks, water was ubiquitous. I loved fire, because it could dry this soaking mess of a town out." Sounds like Edward is exactly what she needs. Love it already! I'm really into horror fics lately...
spargelkun chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
oh g!d, i love this. and i am so concerned about you, but as long as the murders are happening in wordprocessing.. and hey! you didn't let him kill the cat! that's something. truly though your a/n' s are just as worthwhile as the chapters. love.
readingmama chapter 2 . 9/3/2009
Is it bad I was more upset about the dog on the 50 yard line than Lauren?
readingmama chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
I've had an idea very similar to this for a while and have put it off cause I thought it would be emotionally taxing to write, so I am happy you are writing it so I can just sit back and read. : )
ThisColony chapter 3 . 9/3/2009
i kinda love you a litle bit too much for this. call it morbid curiosity (or simply the fact that i love a good, unapologetic, twisted tale) but i'm crazy pumped to read more of this.

love all the tiny actions, like edward wiping away his smile, or leaning over from his hips to laugh. love love love little things like that.
o hale no chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
Ok, I'm gonna start by saying it's a lotta wierd, but it is so unique can't help but want to read more. Bella has me all confused, like at any minute she is going to snap and start burnin down the houses around her. I am curious as to what is going to happen now that she leaves with him. Honestly, I'm so intrigued. Great job!
hamistasty chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
well, I think this story is faring very well.

I loved that Edward didn't smell like "the sweetest fruit"... that gets kinda old.

psycho edward is a hot edward and I like how the story is progressing.

congratulations, this is the darkest fic I've ever read and I embrace Edwards crazyness and bella's... something.. with open arms

can't wait to read what happens next )
ineedyoursway chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
"On it was Mike’s profile, with a RIP avatar in lieu of his picture."

You know what this reminds me of? Dexter. It's a show. I think it's on HBO. I actually have no idea, as I've seen approximately one episode. If you haven't seen it, I'm pretty damn sure you would like it.

Based on... this.

And it's safe to say that this is the darkest E/B I've ever read, so of course I love it.

But I'm pretty sure I just love your writing in general. Favorite author, by far. Wayfaring is the best one-shot I've ever read. Seriously.

I mean, you get it. The fall from grace, the actual real /issues/ that should be faced. The HEA tainted by a big ol' bag of consequences. Jesus.

"You're such a narcissistic bitch ... God, I love you."

Are you kidding me?

That shit's brilliant.

I don't even want Edward to be cured or fixed or whatever the hell everyone else does to him.

I want him to keep killing.

(Excuse me while I go kill a small squirrel?)

Just kidding.

Sort of.

No, really. Kidding.

...

I'll just... stop writing here. No one likes essays.

-S
Thallium81 chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
bless you. this kicks ass.

i love it.

mrs cope's cheep fun.

edward's B.O.

bella's general disdain for everyone.

her desire to be a paleontologist.

robertson.

heh.

this is genius. and only one typo despite your disclaimer.
Sophie Girl chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
The twist you are taking with this story is so original! I love your stories and can't wait to read more of this one! :0
jimemon chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
You can add another morbid hussy to your list, this is definitely intriguing, great work :)
CapriciousC chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
OMG, you had me at "blunted affect." Priceless.

Hm...I wonder what it says about me that I'm more upset about the dog than I am about Mike or Lauren. Actually, I'm a psychologist, so I know what it says about me, but I'm going to ignore it. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

This is a very interesting premise, and I think that you can make it a love story. Bonnie and Clyde loved each other, if no one else. There's something intriguing about the idea of an irredeemable Edward, whose sole positive quality might be his love for Bella, even if that love is dark and twisted.

I'm really enjoying reading this, thanks for sharing it with us. I'm sorry for whatever happened to make "Trumped" a sour topic with you, I did so love that story. My apologies if bringing it up pokes a sore spot.
paranoia'SPLASH chapter 3 . 9/2/2009
damn. i love how he smells bad but is so damn hot at the same time. for some reason a perspiring, smelly Edward is just so dang alien to me, because everybody keeps making him out to be perfect.

spellchecking computer might be dead, but your writing is still perfect. i adore ya.
2,576 | « Prev Page 1 .. 156 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 .. Last Next »