Reviews for The Emperors of Washington
sophie921 chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
Lauren bit the dust, and Bella is learning to duck and cover. Hah! Eddie put that military school education to use - then he can become a hit man, make a boatload of cash, and retire (kinda of like Grosse Point Blank). Or maybe some weirder version of Heathers (love that movie!).

Okay, Edward, lock and load - let's even the playing field some more.
Ruby-Wednesday chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
Sweet Jesus, this kind of story is a first in this fandom. I'm completely intrigued. Can you make a love story out of this? I can't wait to see.

I like morbid things. It's so much more interesting than run of the mill romance.

The writing here has already drawn me in insanely. The little details like the school thing and the character backgrounds and the milkshakes set the scene perfectly. The way they were behaving about the death of the classmate, captured youth and death perfectly.

Bella has such a casual, apathetic voice here. It's fascinating.

Also, I'm really sorry you Trumped is on hiatus. I completely understand your doing so, but just want to say again how much I adore it.
forevergold chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
"And I don't love people a lot. I only realized I loved people in flashes. Like with Charlie, when I remembered his porcelain owls, and I’d suddenly love him."

My favorite line, hands down.

I have to admit I'm kinda really intrigued by this story. Morbid Bella, I feel, is ten bajillion times more relatable and just...human.

I'm loving where this is going, the build-up, the reality of Bella and her thoughts and assasin (not really) Edward.

Ha.
Lovin-the-Handsome-Hobo chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
I liked Trumped, do wish there was more to that.

This is, well this is very black and disturbing. But, yet I am reading it. Psychopath Edward. He is taking out her friends from years of them teasing him. I get it. However, was she included? Not much romance there if she's on the black list. LOL :-)
LindsayLuxuria chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
I'm morbid and I love it ! :D This is really macabre and its amazing. I really wasn't expecting another casualty, and it makes me wonder what this 'archangel' Edward is up to.

Keep up the body count! (and amazingness as always)

Lindsay
rotten miracles chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
God, I love emotionally detached characters in fiction. Honestly, they're the best narrators, especially if you want to be subtle about writing something insanely shocking. I mean, 'Tentatively, I peeked up at the couch, wondering who bit the dust' is so much better than the average panicked reaction most people would probably have when someone's killing off their friends.

I'm not sure where you're heading with the rest of this story, but so far, I'm definitely intrigued. I love the interaction between Bella and Charlie... She's being strange and morbid and he just... doesn't know how to respond. Or maybe he does, and he's actually handling her the right way. I don't know.

Well, I'm looking forward to the next chapter. I hope Tyler goes before Jessica, I kind of like her :)
dihenydd chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
So glad to see you back and though I miss Trumps I wont mention it if it makes you unhappy. I will say though that Wayfaring is my all time favorite one shot and I am forever nominating it for things.

Dark fiction is my favorite so I think you have me hooked here.

Thank you for sharing.
amata-jo chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
Edward's just a killing machine, isn't he? I'm really glad you intend to go all the way with the killer route like you mentioned in your reply to my review. It's an interesting experiment in itself because in fan fiction, people love Edward no matter what. It could be the same exact character named Jacob and people will hate him but slap the name Edward on the character and he can do no wrong. This will be the ultimate Edward fan fiction test.

You're holding my interest. I wonder who will be next?
Thallium81 chapter 2 . 8/30/2009
i love small mammals.

My friends, they have never been... so emotional. They cried all the time, all snot and smeared mascara and hiccoughs. They lounged on my couch like insolent cats, stretched out and languorous in their grief, drizzling used tissues and tears over the cushions. It was awful.

and this.
Thallium81 chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
i'll strawberry shake your baby in a minute.
jandco chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
the return of gallantcorkscrews! and it could not be better. dude. it's almost heathers-esque-ish and i LOVE IT. gallant-you're positively genius and i love you and your big brass balls for writing this one.
paranoia'SPLASH chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
I'm hooked. A morbid hussy that's loving this.
cshorte chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
This is different...can't wait to read more...
Amz1221 chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
HEHE-I love Bella's sence of humor in this! It's awsomw, even though all of her friends are been killed off one by one...

So is this going be like what Rosalie did to Royce? Kill the worst of them all dead last so they suffer more? That would be SO cool! Well in a twisted and sick way...but that's how I'd do it! (checks the room for hidden carmeras) lol

Love it that your back! I miss the whitty characters and how your writting make me feel...stupid. LOL :D
NelaGil chapter 2 . 8/29/2009
Ah, bliss. Absolutely loved it! I can't wait for Bella and Edward to interact!
2,532 | « Prev Page 1 .. 157 164 165 166 167 168 .. Last Next »