Reviews for Orchestral Manoeuvres
San-san chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Just...Beautiful.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
a lovely story and character study. :)
Helafol chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Okay, I have to say, I like this. You did very well. I wasn't expecting Luffy to be the conductor, I was honestly expecting a trumpet for him, but I think I like conductor better.
mad100141 chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Luffy and Zoro; Captain and (unnamed) First Mate; Maestro and Backbone, it fits perfectly.

It, this story has me wanting. How perfect would it be to listen to such a song while reading this story, again and again. It'd be beautiful. Harmonious. I love how you portray Brook and the love of music that depicts life which he understands.

i also liked how you made the relation between Ussops art and Brooks music. I could see it, the two artist of the group consider their crew a master piece in the making.

Now I want to go to listen to orchestra music. Any recommendations to a reader.
Cute Kirby chapter 1 . 6/1/2013
Love it! And I'm not sure if I'm glad or disappointed that no French horns showed up.
SqueeFreak chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This is beautiful. It captures the crew and their interactions so well. I really enjoyed reading this. _
drcalvin chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Very nice! Using Brook to show the different aspects of the Strawhats was clever and I adored this relaxed look at a day on the Sunny. And Zoro just keeps snoring on, hee

The last image, with Luffy as the conductor, also works really well _
Velkyn Karma chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Interesting little piece here! I absolutely love the idea of Brook thinking of each of the Straw Hats in musical terms. It's a refreshing little insight to an otherwise frequently neglected character.

And I really love how he's composing a piece at the moment, but still reflects upon hearing each crew's 'instrument' before (such as when he mentioned that Sanji's sax squeals unappealingly when Nami is around, but sounds different in the current context).

And as an amusing side note, I love how pretty much everybody manhandles Zoro and he doesn't seem to give a damn at all XD

The ending line is great too…it's like Brook somehow manages to translate all this stuff that he can hear and they can't, into something they can understand. Very nice. :)

Concrit wise, not much to say. There are several instances of tense shift earlier in the piece, which makes the flow of the piece a little staggered. You go from active tenses (he is sitting, he hums) to past ones (had propped himself up, etc). Just keep an eye out for this (I have a lot of trouble with it myself sometimes). It does seem to straighten itself out by the end, though.

All in all, nice job :D

~VelkynKarma
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
This was just amazing! I loved the descriptions and imagery of each of the Straw Hats as instruments. Particularly Zoro since he is the steady beat that began the song and ending with Luffy the maestro who brought all the instruments together in harmony.
colordrifter chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
This was MARVELOUS! The way you described each crewmember as instruments were very in character and realistic. I really wish that there was really a piece of music like this: I could listen to it forever.
loanshark chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Excellent job! I sort of noticed how Zoro-centric it seemed, but it makes sense since he's the beat! Wonderful job of portraying the crew from Brook's unique point of view!
accallia chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
This is the most incredible bit of work I've read in a long while. You do an unbelievable job in defining the crew and your descriptions are so vivid I can, indeed, feel the music. Splendid job; it gave me chills.
VampireApple chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
That's awesome. I just love Brook. He's goofy, but I think he really does have this deep understanding of his new nakama, and I love when that understanding is expressed through music.

Really great fic.
Duchess192 chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
Nice story.
atrixb chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
This was absolutely wonderful! The rhythm and music and the instruments, expressing everyone and nakamaship itself intricately...beautiful. I give you a round of applause.