Reviews for Breaking Point
pohakumama chapter 4 . 6/30/2010
I'm enchanted with the lines in the last paragraph of this chapter - his thoughts were a tangled chain and that he turned them over and over. I am enjoying your writing - it is effective in dredging up the emotions that the character is feeling.
curlybean chapter 4 . 6/30/2010
How annoying is that blind allegiance that most wizards show Dumbledore? I'm sure those that really know him understand that he is not without fault. He is definitely a "the ends justifies the means" kind of guy and Harry really is just a pawn in a rather large scheme. I, too, think that Dumbledore does care for Harry, but obviously not enough to keep his well-being in the forefront.

I loved Hermione in this chapter. She can definitely be a force to be reckoned with, can't she? Harry is very lucky to have her as a friend. I'm glad that Harry told her about Snape. She can help him to decipher the mystery behind Severus Snape.

Can't wait to see more Harry/Snape interaction.
curlybean chapter 3 . 6/30/2010
Such a tentative relationship developing between our two men. It's sad to realize how unsure each of them are as to why they deserve to have someone care about them. They are so alike in so many ways, but are both too stubborn to admit it that easily. Sheesh!
floating-in-fantasy chapter 8 . 6/30/2010
No no no no no no no! You cannot end it here! It's way too good to stop, but if you really feel it's over then I guess it's over. . . pouty face. If you do decide to continue though I'd be extremely happy to read it! Thanks for the great story!
iloveshimmer chapter 8 . 6/30/2010
It's over? that's so sad... I was definitely hoping to read more, but it's okay! Thank you for finishing it and tying up some of the loose ends. You're a great writer :)
misundersnape chapter 8 . 6/30/2010
Nice chapter - and I agree the apology was warranted and I think you pulled it off just fine.

I wish this went on... but I do feel the sense of closure you intended for the tale. I am content enough to accept it is as an end... but only just ;)

I've put you on Author alert so I might get word of the new fic in August... looking forward to it...

misundersnape...
Infinity Limited chapter 8 . 6/30/2010
Beautifully written chapter. Don't worry, the apology worked- both because it was eloquent and simply, and that he was chagrined too.

Perfect!
sevenluck chapter 7 . 5/30/2010
This is amazing fanfiction, you've blown my mind with how you've shaped your words in these chapters! Please continue, I admire the effort you've put into your story, and appreciate it!
Kirsti-Lee chapter 7 . 5/20/2010
I really like your story so far; it is well written, and the plot feels fresh and original. My only criticism is that it is posted in huge chunks that make it a little harder to read, so maybe get more friendly with the enter key? Otherwise, can't wait to read more, I love an angsty Harry and a conflicted Snape!
Sssnitch chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
I don't know how to phrase it, because I'm not good in writing english. But I try. This story is beautiful. Beautiful because it is about a shattered soal, a broken heard and a human(!) Snape. I like storys in which Harry isn't the great hero but is more like a small terrifight child. And this is one of the best. Very well done.
Kirinin chapter 3 . 3/21/2010
This was not a filler chapter! It was a good peek into Severus's mind, and that is important. :) I loved the way you described his thoughts at the beginning. I think your writing rests on the line of being too purple, but does not cross it... and I for one am enjoying the complex turn of phrase that makes me pause and think.

I also think your characters' reactions are pretty good as of now. It's hard to tell how anyone would behave in the face of a nervous breakdown, but... you're managing it well. :)

The only bit of CC I have is your italics. You are throwing them left, right, and center! The general consensus is this: thoughts are italicized, and are in present tense because the character is thinking those thoughts at that very moment within the story. Anything in past tense should not be italicized unless it's for emphasis.

Good fic so far! :)

-K
IchigoRenji chapter 7 . 3/9/2010
love this story so far keep up the great work!
SituationalExtrovert chapter 7 . 3/9/2010
Hi. I just found this fic via the Potions & Snitched C2, and I have to tell you...I think it's wonderful. I'm not even referring to the story itself, but the way in which you are telling it. You have a wonderful turn of phrase, your Snape seems to be firmly in character, and your imagery is bloody brilliant. This is going right onto my faves list.

Thank you for writing.

Cheers,

Adriann
ImKim chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
I love it when I come across a well written and unique story. I'm very happy to have found yours. I love it so far and now it looks as if I won't be getting to bed on time, afterall.
Griffin Raven chapter 7 . 2/27/2010
Wow...brilliant story! Poor Harry, he really does need someone to talk to, someone who will understanding what he's been through and what's ahead of him. Whereas both of his friends have been through some of the things with him, but at most of crucial stages he's been alone. Also both Ron and Hermione are still 16yrs inside, they not been forced to mature beyond there age. Not like Harry, who I feel arrived at hogwarts much more mature-experience wise at 11yrs than most other 11yrs. Perhaps both Harry and Severus can offer solace to each other in regards to what they've been through. As I feel Harry would understand Severus, and not condem him for his actions/inactions like someone who'd not shared simplier experiences might. Though its going to be a very slow, bumpy ride for both Harry and Severus, as there tenative relationship to develop.
129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »