Reviews for The Shortest Distance from A to B
Patcheresu chapter 43 . 9/6/2013
Not only have you, at this chapter, successfully written a well paced and grandoise Kanji/Naoto fic. Not only have you written a real romance. Not light fluff, not star crossed visions, none of that. You took ideas from both P4 and P4-Anime and made a beautifully done novelization of Persona 4. It's nothing like the flavor of Fairly English Story, but its absolutely and completely what I'd want, expect, and admire. I'm racking my brain trying to think of a problem.

Uh...the fight scenes aren't that good and for once, Souji isn't the Perfect Run Souji. Kudos for using the manga name even when the canon one was revealed. Even better, your personality for Souji is actually the canon P4A one, with a little overbearingness. You managed to even handle Social Links well.

This. This is what a good novelization is capable off. Sometime, as a personal request, just reread parts of this story and compare it to other reworkings of the original story, even if its only Kanji's scenes. I just can't think of words to describe this fanfiction. And unless there are minor canon deviations that are put right back on track I didn't notice, or care to notice, this gets a solid recommendation from me and I don't read Romance novels.
Lena chapter 45 . 9/2/2013
This thing is so amaizing I didn't have a proper sleep for last week - read it till I can't keep my eyes open. All characters are so real and your own vision of the story got me hooked. And now I feel so empty that there is no chapters left to read.
Well, anyway, thank you very much for all the time you spent and efforts you made to write the fic. You are very talanted and I've already read several other stories of yours, so I gonna follow you up. Keep it up!)
Lady Cheshire chapter 45 . 8/20/2013
This chapter was right up my alley - visceral, piecemeal, and just the right amount of convoluted. It really has the strong feeling of coming toe to toe with a god. It's all very unnerving and really crowns the last chapter nicely. Again, seeing how Naoto tries to piece her relationship with Kanji into the team dynamic is so fascinating, it's almost like she's always observing the buzz of her teammates but it's Kanji (and to a different degree, Souji) that draws her into the fray.

Dahhh, this is so good. Apologies for the delayed feedback!
Lady Cheshire chapter 44 . 8/20/2013
It's interesting to see Kanji and Naoto try and navigate their relationship into the team dynamic, especially under the intense environment before the showdown with Izanami. What I love about this story is that maddening crescendo - Kanji or Naoto, but really both of them, act in a way that's maddening and endearing to the reader, but you write their learning process as it unfolds, not all at once. So when Kanji finally realizes that both he and Naoto are scared, it's just that much more rewarding for me as a reader to say 'YES, YOU JACKASSES!' It's nice to see the characters sort of embrace that vulnerability too (Naoto asking Kanji to stay).

I just have to say, though. . . Margaret, you sexy beast!
BonusParts chapter 45 . 8/20/2013
This is a really interesting way to bring in the events of Arena (I assume that's what this is; I only borrowed Arena for a night) without damaging or counteracting the structure of the main story. I like the way the characters are coming back together after the Big Fight, too; it's almost like they're finding themselves again. Without Souji's direct influence, which I always thought was important for the group as a whole.

Usually, these Interlude chapters focus on Naoto more or less alone, trying to sort stuff out, but it's great to see her take the leadership role. It's very fitting, too, for her personality, especially noting how far she's come: trusting the others, balancing their input. She's really grown up!

Really nice work all through this one. Even the transition moments from the deaths to each character's reappearance read very smoothly, no mean feat. In fact, it might be the smoothest example I've seen of this sort of narrative convention, yet. It's not a small or short development, bridging the events of multiple games into your own retelling, but it works.
jasuto wana kurai chapter 45 . 8/12/2013
OMG! OMG! Oh Yeah! Kanji/Naoto rulez! Honestly, I've never read any long fic that always makes me so curious n keep me reading on it without getting bored! :D

Your ability as fanfiction author is fantastic especially regarding Kanji n Naoto character development and their complicated love relationship...it is just so REALISTIC! The battle scene description also fantastic as if I am playing the game again XD

I wish they can be together forever (actually I am lil bit pissed by Persona 4 brand new spin off that featuring Naoto as main character yet Atlus leaving Kanji behind...it is so sad) :(

By the way, do u have plan to make change on Kanji's appearance? I mean, I saw him on P4Golden having dark hair and wearing glasses without his trademark piercings (OMG, he looks so hot and mature as if he is ready to get married with long haired Naoto...so perfect couple) XD

Anyway, you deserve 1000K reviews if you continue this great fanfiction. I'll be ur loyal reader ;)
Sepsis chapter 45 . 8/7/2013
„Then, as now, it seemed like the only sensible answer was to stop. To give up. […] Naoto pulled herself to her feet.“
This made me so happy! :)
But you’re right, this chapter was darker than the others and while I didn’t want them to be hurt like that, it’s realistic and you wrote it in a very good way. :)

“"Your punches suck. You and I need to do some serious training together, okay?" Her smile looked more than a little forced.”
But she tried to lighten up the mood. ;) Aw, I love Chie!
And why did you have to end it here!? XD I really liked the chapter, I need more, haha…
Smallbell chapter 45 . 8/5/2013
WOW! *stands blinking for a moment* Just wow! I've had to re-read this chapter just to make sure I'm not missing anything. The jumping around in the time line like that can be confusing, but since what is happening in the chapter is high emotion and confusing for the characters it works. I can't wait to see how you pull this all together.
jarkhideous chapter 45 . 8/5/2013
I'm not sure how to take this chapter. Don't get me wrong. Its fantastically written just a little confusing. I thought at first it was a dream sequence but by mid way I was not sure. Labeling it "Interlude 13" has reenforced this thought but I think I'll just wait till next chapter to find out. Other then my confusion this was another great addition to an already beautiful story.
Sinuhe chapter 45 . 8/4/2013
Just one sentence this time: I don't want this to end, chief. But I understand it must... :(c
Imaginistic chapter 45 . 8/3/2013
Very nice and detailed story, it's coming along great!
Meia42 chapter 45 . 8/2/2013
Of all the chapters, this is one I figured would be the most brutal, and yeah, it certainly was. I've seen a few interpretations of the Yomi attack, and this one was definitely brutal. Not just dragged away to the land of the dead, but viciously killed in the act. Chie's...hurt.

Still, goddess that controls fog, who knows what they're seeing is real or not, or what they're experiencing too. Heck, as a god, it's probable that what's happened is exactly what's happened. One thing is for sure: Your version of Izanami is a HELL of a lot more menacing because of it.

This has got to be the most brutal torture for Souji imaginable. Not just watching his friends get dragged away, but violently and fatally, ouch. Definitely the kind of chapter to make one lose sleep over, made all the more brutal with the cliffhanger and anxiously awaiting the conclusion.
Ulcaasi chapter 45 . 8/2/2013
Have I ever mentioned how amazing the way you write this story is? Especially when it's at those parts where it jumps back and forth through the timelines and events at just the right moments and it all falls and melds together so well. No? Well I'm saying it now then :P
DemonRaily chapter 45 . 8/2/2013
Congratulations on 600 reviews for this story!

Anyway, I was really impressed with this chapter. you not only fully implemented the use of the two timelines at once, but did a wonderful job with the land of the dead bits, better than usual even.

I am interested, Izanami is no fool, so she would not jump on some kid believing he is her husband for no reason. Could it be that it was not she giving power of Izanagi to 3 random dudes, but rather guiding the scattered Izanagi mack to her base of operation?
lizzyytx33 chapter 45 . 8/1/2013
At the warning for violence and gruesome imagery, I instantly got excited and yet felt dread at the same time since I knew what that would mean for the team. Playing against Izanami in the game didn't make the part where the team was taken seem all that bad, but the way you wrote it made me realize just how brutal it really was and how scared Souji must have felt seeing his friends risk their lives for him. Also, are they really dead? Izanami might give back their lives once she 'takes back what was given' but from the immense pain they're all suffering from, it sounds like they're still alive to me.
And Naoto has great timing for confessing her true feelings, ahaha. Oh well, I just hope they can all make it out alive and sane.
Great chapter, looking forward to the next one!
659 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »