Reviews for Grendels
Parnassus chapter 4 . 4/18/2013
Very nicely done. I really liked the whole bit where Cal was trying so hard to comfort Niko. Had me going "aaawwww!" ;)
zookitty chapter 6 . 12/30/2010
That was beautiful. You truly captured their dynamic
zookitty chapter 4 . 12/29/2010
that was so so so so sooo sad. But beautiful
zookitty chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
that was great, sad but great
mockingbird13 chapter 6 . 2/14/2010
Wow, this is pretty good. I absolutely love the Cal Leandros series. I'm impatient for more from the author and readinf fics like this helps keep me happy. Thanks.
Cute Blue Eyes chapter 6 . 11/12/2009
Just, wow.

This ist absolutly fantastic. You managed to pull just the right emotions and show insight in their characters, that has me running to reread all the books as soon as I finish this review.
Hikaru Kosuzaku chapter 6 . 9/29/2009
Holy crap, you're amazing. I love you. I'd kiss you if I didn't think that would bring about unneeded awkwardness. Anywho, keep writing.
Adara-chan67 chapter 5 . 9/11/2009
I'm really liking this story! You're packing in a lot of the kinds of stories I like to see, all in one place. It's great! And there's just the perfect blend of angst and cuteness.

I like this chapter the best, though, I think. I don't really know why, but it just stuck out more to me. You're a great writer, by the way...

Also, the last line was paraphrased from Deathwish, wasn't it?
Dark Aria chapter 4 . 9/7/2009
Oh, my! Buckets of angst. Just how I like the boys, too. I really like the way you have Cal trying to work out how human interaction works again, and Niko nearly breaking down.
socialistpinko chapter 4 . 9/3/2009
Ass-kicking, gut-ripping, mind-blowing story! Please keep going with it, it's your best one yet. It's so intense, he's in this reality one minute and bouncing off into a different one the next minute. It's Angst-armagadon! It's heartwrenching and I just love it. Bravo! Bravo! More! More! Don't you dare stop or you'll make me cry for god's sake! Keep going with Tumulus til they find their first place to live, til Cal finally starts to stabilize and how he gets into the bartending line of work. Keep going baby! Seriously, I'm trying to analyse what you wrote to give you some helpful critism but honestly short of a few typos I can't find anything wrong with it style-wise or the way it's written. It wasn't confusing to read. The bold lettering help me from getting confused by the jumping back and forth in thought. Niko crying, man now that completely takes the cake!
Laughing chapter 4 . 9/2/2009
No...hon, this wasn't confusing at all. It was excellent. Very emotional, very raw. I think this is one of the most realistic portrayals of this scene. You're doing a great job with this story-keep it up.
QueenofQuill chapter 2 . 8/31/2009
This chapter was wonderful it almost made me cry. I agree with your view on Promise, while she is a good character she is all but ignorant towards Cal's feelings.

I got that tight feeling in my chest reading this chapter. Sorry to talk about myself but in the Cal story I wrote Watch your neck Cal meets a half human half vampire who was born hundreds of years ago where she was labled a monster and even she has her brother Cal and her are the only people in the world who understand eachother.

Any back to you, I just wanted to tell you that. This was probebly the best Cal chapter I have read, you captured a side to Cal I have been waiting to see and trying to create myself. I look very much forward to seeing the next one.
Laughing chapter 2 . 8/31/2009
This is a great, great story, and it needs more reviews! This chapter was poignant, well-written, and perfect. You're doing a wonderful job, and I can't wait for the next chapter. Added to my favs.
Dark Aria chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Aw... Poor Cal. I was hoping someone would write about the first time he saw a grendel. Rob gave us Niko's first experience, but didn't mention Cal's first glimpse of one. Great story, and I'm looking forward to the other chapters.
Laughing chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
This is really, really great! It's well-written, and very realistic. I can't wait to read the next installment!