Reviews for What Goes Around
JK chapter 17 . 12/1/2013
I just came across this fic and had to let you know that I really enjoyed it.
alexindigo chapter 17 . 7/17/2012
I just discovered your work and have to say that I absolutely LOVE this story! You've captured everything that was going on with B&B in S5 in my opinion. Booth woke up from that coma dream obsessed with regaining the life hr had with 'Bren' and in the process didn't see his Bones standing right in front of him, as always, where she would do anything for him, including lying about dead presidents to ease his conscience. My heart always breaks when he tells Gordon Gordon that she doesn't love him and that they aren't compatible because Brennan has been following his line and his lead for years, believing that she's not good enough for him and keeping her feelings for him from him.

I'm often reminded of the coma dream (which were Brennan's words) when she asks him if he loves her. Avalon knew her insecurities. Heck the entire dream was an homage to how great Booth is and how much he is loved because everyone knows he'll kill to protect his 'cold' wife. So when Booth pushes her in the 100th because he's had a rough few months struggling with his feelings, it's more than evident that he's the one who isn't ready. I know that it's been said to death but any guy who goes from fifty years to move on in five seconds really wasn't fighting for anything, much less for a chance to be with the woman he's supposedly in love with.

If you have the time I recommend reading a fic called Public Opinion by jenlovesbones. She's more articulate than me in putting my thoughts into words. While I may not agree with all of her points, I am definitely from the school of thought that believes that Brennan has been in love with and more importantly, been aware of it for years before Booth. She took all her cues from him and his reactions and responses were what shaped most of her decisions throughout the seasons.

That's why I LOVE that you had Booth admit that HE wasn't ready. While I would have preferred if he had first considering what he's put her through, I'm also glad that she did go 'first'. At least she'll have something to hold over him forever. :P

This story just reinforces to me how badly HH ruined B&B with the eps that came after the 100th and S6. I could even stomach Booth having a serious relationship with Hannah but proposing? To the rebound girl? After you pretty much told Brennan that you would love her the most? And then proceeding to continue treating her like crap all throughout the season? The crack in the B&B relationship is still evident in S7 imo. Apart from the season finale, they are still awkward around each other. I love yous have lost it's meaning especially when Booth utters them. HH was so focussed on the comedy aspect of the 'crimedy' that everything felt forced and insincere with the exception of Emily and TJ as always.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say in this thesis length rant/review is that you're brilliant for writing this story in a way that retains the essence of Booth and Brennan yet challenges the status quo. You rock the boat but they are okay because the centre held unlike TVs Booth and Brennan.

Thanks so much for sharing and for reading all of this. Am off to read the rest of your work! :)
marceline19 chapter 17 . 7/13/2012
I love the way you write the tension between them!
marceline19 chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
"I only get dirty when Bones is around," Booth mumbled.

love it!
harper83 chapter 17 . 5/16/2012
I just happened to re-read this story...I forgot how much I loved it!
Tamarakv chapter 17 . 2/28/2012
Wow... i found this today & could not stop reading it, it's like a 3:47 in the morning, but I just couldn't stop. Fantastic!
Aurelie G chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
love it !
zeebrat chapter 4 . 12/5/2010
Awww that tv thing made me a little sad :(
MentalistLover13 chapter 17 . 10/9/2010
I loved this story! I loved that they kissed in front of Sweets! That was so freaking funny! My favorite chapter was chapter 12! That was so damn funny! Great job once again, I love all of your stories that I have read of yours so far:)
BBfantastic chapter 5 . 10/5/2010
This is the third time I am reading this story, and I find it as funny, excitig and in character as the two first times. I hope that you will write a new story soon :-)
Beth Cain chapter 17 . 9/7/2010
yes, I absolutely LOVED your ending!
Alicia9876 chapter 17 . 8/6/2010
I stayed up until four in the morning reading your story! Awesome! Loved it...
Sverine chapter 6 . 8/1/2010
Just a note to let you know i'm reading your story and am enjoying it so much! You do a great job with the characters, I can so picture them in this situation. Loved the motel chapters! Great awkwardness and tension! I like the dialogues you write, so true to character§ i'll keep on reading! Just so you know, i'm a French bones fan, and your fanfiction is one of the best i've read so far.

Séverine
206pinkbones chapter 10 . 7/15/2010
That was hysterical!
xoEmilynnxo chapter 17 . 7/9/2010
This was really a lovely story and I am sad to see it finish. However, I am glad that I had the opportunity to read through all 17 chapters like I did. It was amazing and I really enjoyed it!