Reviews for Void
CRIME chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
PLEASE READ. THIS CONCERNS READERS. THIS IS NOT MEANT FOR MY HOPELESS ROMANTIC. READERS, PLEASE READ BELOW.

We've heard it all. Plagiarism. It's happened to many authors on this site; many authors in the Gakuen Alice fandom. We hate plagiarism, right?

MY HOPELESS ROMANTIC IS A PLAGIARISER.

Please check out the author 'Wanderer of the Roads' and her story 'The Devil Wears Prada'. It's a HARRY POTTER fanfiction, which My Hopeless Romantic ripped off. She has stated recently in her biography that 'The Devil's Contract', was taken off FFn because of 'profanity' in the story summary. And quite conveniently, she had not saved her story so she can no longer re-upload it. It's 'lost'. Well, it was never really hers to begin with.

Please read 'Wanderer of the Roads''s biography. It is not fair that this has happened to her.

DON'T SUPPORT PLAGIARISM. DON'T SUPPORT WRITERS WHO PLAGIARISE. DON'T SUPPORT CRIME.

Thank you.
nedandchuck chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Caution to those with younger brothers: You will cry!
MiladyQueenMab chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
First off, it must've been some lucky turtle to have the privilege of being named Norman. ;)

Anyways, since your story, Grey Hour Dreams, I've been running around wild, surfing through the fanfiction archive for one or more stories that are inclusive of Kazu. Thanks a heap, Anna. :P I came across this certain revelation that they put Kazu's name as "High School Principal", rather than his real name. Which, I find, is a bit insulting to his character, because he HAS a name, and he isn't referred to by it. :( But that's just me.

Bleh. All of your stories always seem to give the same quality of writing each time. A quality that, even if I gave 200% of my ability, I would not be able to achieve.

This is in no way an exception to that rule. You captured Kazu exactly as I would see him: kind, wise, yet still extremely guilty for being responsible for his brother's death. After all, death is a very tough thing to have to go through as it is, and this idea that Kazu indirectly caused it must have brought extreme emotional turmoil to his character.

And that's the side that the readers get to see here. I love how every single time you mention Izumi, I can almost taste the pain that Kazu feels. You have this great way of emphasizing certain words and using specific emotive language that inevitably draw in the reader to feel connected with your characters. :)

Your point of view. I look at it, and I think to myself: 'Ah, so THAT'S how it's done.'

Did you know that writing in second person for a short story and make it work is, by far, the hardest thing to do? Yet you manage to create this piece as if it is no problem. :P

It's strange in a way, because I never felt like I would be drawn to something that was written in second person, because it was talking about me, but I felt personally engaged, and fell in love with Kazu's character even more than I had initially thought I was capable of.

I couldn't possibly love your writing MORE. :)

Keep it up!
this.pen.is.red chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Perhaps you don't need another reviewer. And perhaps this review is completely redundant, informing you of things you were already full aware of.

But God damn it, I'm going to review anyways, because this piece is amazing. You were able to capture the true pain that he went through, and write it all in second person.

Now, I don't want to be one to make a commentary about fanfiction, but I do believe that the second person in the piece just made it all the better, with the readers able to truly place themselves in his shoes, feeling his emotions. Third person wouldn't have exposed the true feelings, and like you said, would have been too impersonal.

It's truly amazing, and you should be truly commended for it.
Javelinia777 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Wow, that was beautiful. The way you portrayed the emotional vulnerability of Kazu Yukihira's mind in that state was fabulous and made for an extremely moving narrative. I like Izumi a lot too and felt really sad when he died in the manga. He was such a fun-loving, effervescent character. No wonder everyone loved him so much! Thanks for uploading such an amazing story MHR
Fierce Affection chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
so touching... it made me cry :')
LadyMaybel chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
That was beautifully written, but then again, I really shouldn't be surprised anymore.
piggycat350 chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
i'm really loving your stories it's nice to read about the these two brothers.. all the emotion *sigh*

anyway, i was looking around, and it seems that kazu is actually in his 60s (with his longevity alice)...

to be honest, that is just plain freaky...
buttcake chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Well, since Kazu has the Alice of Longevity, I was thinking he'd be...more than 11 years older than Izumi.

(8 The way you described how Kazu felt about Izumi's death was great. I love how angsty Kazu feels, and the regret he holds for bringing Izumi into the school. All in all, I don't think your second person POV was weird. XD Second person POV is odd itself, but I liked the way you used it.

Glad to know there are people other than my best friend and I who like to write sadistically for Gakuen Alice. LOL. Though maybe we're just plain morbid...And psychological. Still, love the sadism.

(: Yet another job well done~ 3
heya-gurl chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
It's so sad):

Their brotherly relationship!

I thought Izumi taught in the school for quite some time though. He was in school when Yuka was in elementary school all the way until high school right?

Really nice one-shot though!

Even though it's so saddenging):

On the light tone though, my dad is called Norman! Ahahahahaha
JoiZ. D chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
This, as usual like how your other great stories are, is awesome. No, awesome is an understatement, but I think you get me.

Anyways, I'm sorry for the short reviews, I know it's kinda annoying to write so much and so nicely to us readers but only to have short reviews in return. But I'm sorry, I'm on a rush here but I just want you to know that you're the best author on Earth and in the universe!

Keep it up! Hope you write more soon!
Angry Girl chapter 1 . 9/7/2009
Cringe worthy in some sense but not completly as these things happen, and it wasn't done in a cliche way I don't think anyhow, it felt very real for me, and I hated his death.

I read that chapter and then came to search for fic, thank god you wrote this! as I stared at his face and did wonder all the pain all the thoughts that just had to be going through his head.

I wonder what he felt when he saw Mikan? This was wonderful really touching *faves*
Vectress chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Wow, I love this story of yours (Well, I love all of your stories ). You're the first person I know who ever wrote about Izumi and the principal.

Honestly, I also like Izumi. LOL. And I found it funny when you named the turtle you saw while on vacation. :D
Live For You chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Wow, it's really on with the manga chapter. I would've never thought about Kazu's feelings, i mean, i would/did, but not THIS deeply, just...wow. Another wonderful job, and it's really sweet and brotherly. Adorable :D And sad...no more Izumi :(
sleepless.writer.mad chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
I'll make it short and simple.

I HATED the part where you wrote that Kazu was older and therefore shouldn't have to bury his baby bro man, that just ... MY HEART OW.

Yeah, we should hang out soon. I've been dying to tell you about this new idea I had for a Naruto story. I know you love that shit mor than I do. X