Reviews for Candle on the Water
Qieru chapter 1 . 10/7/2009
I'm still excited to see how this one will turn out, you've told me very little of it, leaving it veiled in the unknown

I like that this starts in the middle of a battle, it adds to the desperation and lack of 'breathing room' and adds to the frantic energy of the characters involved. c:

[His eyes flickered back to his own opponent, and his heart sunk in his chest when he saw where the other man’s gaze led—right back to Lyndis. He reacted almost too late when the other man viciously kicked his palomino forward, heels digging into its sides as he yanked on the reins. The bit pulled against the animal’s tender mouth, and it leapt forward, turning its head just as its rider knew it would.] Ah, strength and weakness rolled in one. The man is perceptive to pick up on such a thing and to spring after it so soon.

[He looked up and saw the sharp-edged hooves coming toward him as the animal lifts its legs into the air again, and he tried to pull back out of the way, tugging almost desperately at the reins.] first, 'lifted'. second OUCH. D:! Kent! No!

You and your daggum cliffhangers. :

Qieru
SpeedDemon315 chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
Ah, is this the little novel you told me you had been planning that would contain some Oswin/Serra or Sain/Serra/Oswin?

So far, so good-I love where this is story is going. You did a lovely job describing the battle scene and giving a worthy opponent for Kent to fight to increase the tension in the chapter. Oh, a nice touch for knocking Kent out by a horse, rather creative and fitting for a steed that's half-scared out of its wits.

I look forward to the next chapter. Godspeed!
Trevor X chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Jumped by looking for updates to your current stories and found this. also added you to my fav authors - for some reason hadn't done that before... '

Looks interesting.
serene-fire chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
I'm intrigued. It was well written, well done! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Xirysa chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Sdghjkdhfgjadf. WHOA DANG, MAN. This is a really, really cool idea. I really like it.

And if this is just the prologue, well... Yes. I'm very excited.

The only thing I'd have to say is about this line: [By the time that his opponent managed to compose himself...] I don't think you need the "that" in there. But that's probably just me.

At any rate, excellent job thus far, dearie. Keep it up!

[Xirysa]