Reviews for Fortunate Son
Nuwie chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Hi !

God that was sweet... You really did a great job, giving us those "sharing and caring" moments we miss without pushing it, alway keeping Sam and Dean in caracter. As usual, marvellous insight in them both, with a little bit of John on the top. ;-)

Thanks !
shesamonster chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
First off, I'd like to thank you for NOT mentioning the words "chick-flick moment" anywhere in this fic. I've found that every singly brotherly moment I've read has been ruined by this phrase. That aside, this fic was wonderful. It was so deep & delved into every issue that I was disappointed in not having addressed in the show.

Thanks for posting!
The Bloody Knife chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Great story, loved it. It was totally believeable. Great job!
annie200 chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Straight on my favourites list once I'd stopped crying long enough to see the keys!

Loved Dean's honesty even though it broke my heart when Dean said"“I wanted Dad to see me…to like me…not for hunting or my skills with weapons, just for me.” And the bit about how he wouldn't have forgotten an ordinary day with John..gulp.

This is kind of the talk that I wanted Sam and dean to have all season, so God i hope S5 doesn't put us through the wringer again.

Thanks for this, it's whet my appetite even more for the season to get underway.
Evergreene chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
Oh, I really enjoyed this. Both those boys have so many daddy issues it's crazy. And I loved the part at the end, when Sam says that Adam was unlucky for missing out on having a Dean, and Dean's says vice versa. Thanks for sharing!
sylia91 chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
I have trouble watching this episode. The look on Dean's face when he saw those pictures of John and another woman, John and Jake looking happy and normal gutted me. I think all those years Dean rationalized that John was a better drill master than father was because that was all he could do and now to be faced with the fact that he tried and did manage to be a father to Jake was devastating. Some fans have argued that by the time John was aware of Jake's existence and did these "normal" activities with Jake, Dean and Sam were grown already. This did not change the fact that Sam would have reconciled with John if he supported and reached out to him during Stanford and I'm sure Dean would have treasured a day at a baseball game no matter how old he was. I was never fond of John's parenting techniques but this episode made me angry at him.
masondixon chapter 1 . 8/28/2009
I guess I am one of the few people that did not like the character of Adam and did not think it added anything positive to the characters. The fact that he hasn't been mentioned since that episode makes me believe the writers didn't really think he made a lasting impression either.

But I liked the way you used that character to bring out some of the feelings that both brothers had kept hidden all of their lives about their relationship with their Dad and with each other. And though I no we will never see Dean express his thoughts like this on the show, it was nice to be able to read a view of them here. Because all of us Dean fans know that beneath that rock hard exterior is a caring, smart, warm person who would like the same pat on the back and kind remark that the rest of us were happy to receive from our parents. Good that Dean had Sam there to talk to him. And good for us also. Thanks for Your story.
22 | « Prev Page 1 2