Reviews for Black Stars
Anawey chapter 2 . 4/21/2010
That was... for lack of a more descriptive word, adorable. I loved it. The end was so sweet. Great story.
420PeaceFrogs chapter 2 . 9/23/2009
Monty Twain chapter 2 . 9/21/2009
You have exceded yourself. This was an unexpected sequel but your metaphors really are shining. This story is going on my favourites, my dear Tristan.
Savethellamas chapter 2 . 9/17/2009
That is such a lovely story...the butterfly motif is amazing. I also love the comparison of Holmes and Watson to waves. Very peaceful, thank you so much.
KCS chapter 2 . 9/16/2009
That is probably the most beautiful, peaceful thing I've read in months.

Your imagery is sheer poetry: from the caterpillar to the butterflies to the rabbit-ghosts to the shallow water, the only word for it is magical. It's been a while since I faved a story in this fandom, but this one definitely is going on my list. Thank you for writing it.

*goes back to re-read, smiling*
reflekshun chapter 2 . 9/16/2009
What a wonderful read! Thank you so much for sharing.
medcat chapter 2 . 9/15/2009
Melancholy but sweet...and too close to home.

I have heard someone say that before-that he felt his work was done-and he died not long after...

Lovely story, though...especially the butterflies leitmotif.
LucyMint chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
This was kind of cute, not quite angst but more with life itself, which is a mystery ;)

It was just what I needed right now, it lifted my spirits in it's own mysterious way. It was very well written! :)
Monty Twain chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
Oh. YOu know, about halfway through this I got very worried and wanted to PM you but then you made it alright. But then again it was all okay again. I love the expression "mental stargazing"- I think I do it, or if I don't, I might try to think about myself a little more than I think about the other people in my head, real and less real.

I'm very philosophical now so I think I might PM you.
Christy chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Were you stargazing when u wrote this. Ha ha! Just kidding. Good story, lovely, keep on writing.
medcat chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Sad but sweet :)

Savethellamas chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
Not the happiest of topics for a fic, but you skillfully kept it from being depressing. I now feel content and peaceful myself after reading the ending. Well done!

And I love, love, love the bit about the flowers.
reflekshun chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
A bittersweet story. Thank you so very , very much for sharing it.
Westron Wynde chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
A quiet and introspective story, and yet all those gloomy thoughts are somehow dispelled by a strong feeling of hope. The comparison with the flowers was a masterstroke. And in the imagery of the two of them at the end stargazing together is just perfect.
KCS chapter 1 . 8/29/2009
That was lovely, there's no better word to describe it. We see so few post-war stories where they're both retired, and usually they're far too sad to read. This had just the right balance of thought-provoking melancholy and peacefulness.

I love Holmes's comparison to the flowers, and the mental star-gazing imagery was pure brilliance. Thank you for this!