Reviews for Picking Lilies
Aquille chapter 1 . 5/6
Wow,
Just Wow
CatWeasley chapter 1 . 4/3
This is really well written and totally confirms to me that Snape is a real bastard. He is honestly the worst.
snitch-seeker chapter 1 . 1/22
That was beautiful, Snape would have been so heartbroken when she died...always...
Anla'shok chapter 1 . 11/16/2019
I love this. You don't hide how awful Snape is, how he crushes all those girls whose only crime is to exist. But you capture his obsession, his intensity, and his powers of observation in a remarkable way. You also make the girls beautiful (and Lily of course, whose ghost lives on in all those imperfect copies), for all that he only sees them through a specter of resentment and pain.
He's a mess, he shouldn't be around students, but that's what makes the character so rich.
andeemae chapter 1 . 2/21/2018
This is one of my favorite stories, and I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to review it.

I love the comparisons Snape makes between Lily and all the other girls, how he sees her in actions, in chipped nails, in hair and eyes, it’s amazingly humanizing. Snape is beautifully in character with his cruelty to those who inadvertently remind him of Lily, and that’s a remarkable thing. He’s such a hard character to write and you did a lovely job.

I don’t know if I’ve ever read another story quite like this and I’m so grateful I found it all those years ago.
CrimsonMyriad chapter 1 . 11/18/2017
Bitter and nasty and sad and perfect in a kind of blunt way. You really drew out Snape's soul here.
MPM chapter 1 . 6/9/2017
You've captured Snape perfectly, I feel. Few fanfic writers manage that, he's a difficult character to focus on.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/7/2017
You're writing an exceptionally good Snape - yes, that's him as well, the one with seemingly inexplicable likes and dislikes. He's not fair, it's not right what he does... but knowing this does not mean we can't sympathise with him.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/27/2015
If a continuation of this story (Being Snape and Harry not romantically) it would be AWESOME!
DuckofIndeed chapter 1 . 3/12/2015
Wow, this was beautifully written. This story takes a very interesting look into the mind of a bitter man that is not only incapable of letting go of the past, but obsesses over it.
firstflier chapter 1 . 1/22/2015
Amazing. I really loved this. The descriptions are just perfect and it is just the right length to leave you craving a little bit more but also breaking your heart just at the right point. Really, really great writing. (PS. I hope Law School went well - I started last September!)
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
Such a seemingly true depiction of a twisted affection. Excellently done.
Kellsabelle chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
This story was written excellently and it was very easy to read but I found the overall theme a little disturbing.
Lots of people find this romantic but Snape came across as a jerk and a little creepy
As a teacher his trearment of Lily James is inexcusable. I think you've made me realise the Snape and Lily thing isn't romantic and for a long time that's what I've thought.
HazelFeather12555 chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Tears are falling right now. This is insanely good. 3rd one of yours I've in a row and I plan to continue. They are magnificent