Reviews for Off of Stage Left
Mathematical Dragon chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
I really enjoyed this - I've liked the Kzin books I've read, so that may contribute to my opinion, but still, I'd enjoy reading any sequels following these Kzin in Naruto's world.
FrictionX42 chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Very interesting. I wish I was more familiar with the source material for the Cats.
AngelForm chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
A nice, fun story.

Good explanation for the weirdly varying tech level.

Action scenes seem a little, distant. But otherwise the technical side is good.

Unfortunately unless they can get the hang of chakra, or breed insanely fast, I doubt they would last all that long. Too dangerous (and probably valuable) to let run wild once there are enough to no longer manage to stay hidden.
The Unicorn chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Very interesting, I think this is the first Kzinti crossover I've read. The Kzin seemed quite in character, except for the "choosing names" bit at the end. Names for Kzin aren't just a matter of rank, they are also an award for an achievment giving a kzin a name without a reason is insulting. I also really liked the way you switched view points.

I don't suppose there's much chance of a sequel?

About your Author notes:

1)Variable swords have a red tip because the stassis field the monomolecular thread is encased in has a red button on the end to allow the user to tell its length. They can be set to pretty much any length the user wishes up to the full length of the thread (potentially several km)

2)The Monkeys did not "beat off four increasingly serious invasions", that happened in the first half of the first Man-Kzin war. The first two wars at least ended with the humans dictating terms to the Kzin, I don't recall details on how the third or fourth war ended but they also ended in a human victory.

3)Given the stuff we know the ARM kept locked up I don't think you can say the Kzin were more or less advanced than humans, not even when they first encountered them. However the Kzin had the gravity planar which allow gave them the ability to out fly and out manuver any human ship, and
erik chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
A great look at the Kzinti adapting to an unusual situation.
The Bellmaker chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
A very interesting story. Your thoughts on the technology are quite accurate, and, in fact, similar devices to your monks are not entirely uncommon.

Your Kzinti are quite well written, as well. You provide a clear and consistent characterisation for them, and keep true to the source material.

Quite a good story.