Reviews for Soul Heir
Ryo Angel chapter 10 . 2/19/2002
Continue! Continue! This is really good.
Daniel Kim chapter 10 . 2/18/2002
At least he is not *engaged* to any kami, demon, valkyrie, etc! Nice cameo by Mrs. Tendo. Too bad he didn't take the opportunity to ask her, once and for all, what is her _first_name_!
Saggit chapter 10 . 2/18/2002
The latest chapter seems (to me) oddly out of sync with the rest of what you've written in Soul Heir, thus far. It reminds me more of Haynie's Girl Days, with its very blatant satirical tone.

Mind, I like the concept a lot. I do think that the working out went too far-too many gods!-but the idea of Ranma dying and being first enticed individually, and then fought over (in some fashion) by a group of gods would make a great short story in itself; possibly, if it were carefully plotted for maximum effect, a novella.

But what you've got so far is a piece that mixes a deft, sparing touch of humor and pathos. The satire stands out like a very funny modern comic in the middle of a French Restoration play. It pulls away from your plot, and works against your mood.

Just my POV, of course. Have you considered adding it as a side story? Sort of, what happened to Ranma for a bit while he was shuttling as a ghost between Akane and the Old Woman?

In any case, good luck with the piece. I look forward to reading more of it. :)
Peter Kim chapter 10 . 2/17/2002
Since he did die,all engagements,revenge,etc are nonexistance and anyone that trys to go after Ranma better be careful since Ranma can make a deal with gods or goodess when he comes back from the dead. Why didn't the Japanese pantheon try to make a deal with Ranma? I know why,Amaterasu Omikami told them to stay out it and I'm betting that Mrs Ichikagawa is Amaterasu Omikami or some being,one of the goddess of Japan,etc sent by Amaterasu Omikami. That was a nice touch of the meeting of Akane's mom and Ranma. Please write or update chapter 11 of Soul Heir very quickly. KEEP ON WRITING!
lija chapter 10 . 2/17/2002
Whoa! Just adored that battle royale between the gods. Hehe...enjoyed Goku's cameo appearance. Wow! Another chapter w/o a cliffhanger. You shouldn't feel bad about that. Your last cliffhanger was a doozy and trying to top that will take more effort. Anyway, the last messenger reminded me of Kasumi...amazing how close I was. Sorry for being picky, but is Kodachi really that strong to carry Kinyou for the entire distance? Looking forward to your next chapter.
notenchi chapter 10 . 2/17/2002
Hmm. Yeah. Inu-Yasha crossover. Yeah, I like that idea.

Yet another awesome chapter. I especially liked the battle royale between gods. That was really

neat. I can't wait for the next chapter..
Commander Galos chapter 10 . 2/16/2002
Oh, man... this interlude is gorgeous! So, even Goku from DBZ entered the fray, eh? Nice touch there! Just one thing... Quetzaquatl is actually spelled Quetzalcoatl. Just to let you know.

In any case, I liked that little scene between Mrs. Tendo and Ranma. Really touching, you know? And that reminds me... where were the representatives of the Japanese Pantheon here? Oh well, better luck next fight.

Congratulations for a fine story. Keep 'em coming!
Peter Kim chapter 9 . 2/11/2002
Oh great,another supernatural being looking for Ranma. What offer,etc this supernatural

being will offer Ranma this time? The first offer all supernatural beings should offer is

bringing Ranma back to life. When will we see Demons/etc make their offers yet? Please

write or update chapter 10 very soon.
tdei chapter 9 . 2/10/2002
oh my god, you called in Michael to retrive Ranma! Can't wait to see more. This is reaaaally, really
Foxboy chapter 9 . 2/10/2002
Well, I like this one! And I even thought of some evil things for Ranma's return... a.)he comes back as a cat with the Jusenkyo curse. (o/~ The cat came back/ The very next day/ The Cat came back/ though we thought it was a goner... o/~)

b.) He has to get Akane to jump in the Spring of Drowned Twins or some complicated thing for a body...

Ahhh ferget it, you'll come up with something better anyway...
Redaeth chapter 9 . 2/10/2002
Great story so far can't wait for the next chapter
notenchi chapter 9 . 2/10/2002
Hmm. Nice chapter, and Akane didn't die, which is good I suppose :)

Akane as a dog could give this fic a new dimension, not to mention that Ranma and Akane could then fight like "cats and dogs"...

Or if Akane became a cat and Ranma a kami, they could fight like "cats and gods"...

Anyway, great fic, keep up the good work.
Daniel Kim chapter 9 . 2/10/2002
"mutated ten foot dinosaur ninjas wearing fukus"

Gaah! Now that image will be floating in my head _all_day_!

Thanks for getting Ranma to Akane on time.
Daniel Kim chapter 9 . 2/10/2002
"mutated ten foot dinosaur ninjas wearing fukus"

Gaah! Now that image will be floating in my head _all_day_!

Thanks for getting Ranma to Akane on time.
lija chapter 9 . 2/10/2002
Amazing...lack of a major cliffhanger in this chapter. You're being very generous this time; either that or you couldn't think up of a nasty one this time around. Hehe... Anyway, I forgive you on your spelling errors; you have a very legitimate excuse for your lack of attention to details. Now onto the story...enjoying the interactions between the two pairs. For once, Ryouga have the upper hand on Nabiki. Hehe...keep it up and continue onward w/ your story.
190 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »