Reviews for University under Attack
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
Nice work! This story is great, fast-paced black humour. It's pretty wacky, but in a good way, one that still makes sense given the context.

“He has also seen fit to remind us that Lady Deidre is captive in Spartan hands” Her name is Deirdre.

Most of the story is pretty funny, but the following three moments made me laugh out loud.

"Report from Spysat 2; Northern University Continental Observation. Academgorodok has been destroyed. The Ruins have been vaporised. However, the resulting lakebed does show some interesting formations. Further scientific study is definitely needed."

"If I may interject, Commissioner, I must inform you that, whilst I did not wish to give Provost my faction, I do understand that what just happened was merely an exaggerated form of a corporate hostile takeover. As I have been pensioned off quite nicely, and assured a position as Chief Minister of Finance, should I wish it, I can tell you that I harbour Dar'El no ill will. Indeed, I can now instigate some of my financial schemes with only minimal possible backlash."

"I was not aware that Commissioner Lal spoke Klingon. Albeit with an accent.”
Hydroplatypus chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Yup, the AI tends to go insane on transcendent. That being said I usually don't have too much of a problem. Gaians mind worm rush for the early game. Pop boom supply crawlers for mid game. Resource satellites for late game. Basically if works fairly well. For a 10 year old game the AI is surprisingly competent, but given the age still easily beatable.
Broken Kilter Express chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Transcend is HARD, srsly. Never once could I get above sufficient in any time i played. I had to become the universities ally and then conquered it from the inside out.
Sati James chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
lol yeh I never put the difficulty above Librarian for that exact reason