Reviews for Just A Mathematician
Guest chapter 4 . 7/16/2013
awesome
mintos013 chapter 4 . 2/5/2013
I forgot-this story is why I created an account. I wanted to leave a review a couple of months ago when a friend linked me, but I got distracted. Anywho, great story! I like how Charlie used math to save everyone, and especially that he was in the hero's role.
minty013 chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Great story! This was very well written and easy to picture in my mind. I like heroic Charlie!
Seblainer chapter 4 . 9/4/2012
Protective!Charlie is so awesome.
RumorsOfMyDeath chapter 4 . 7/12/2012
Oh, man! Great story, great ending! I loved the line "You're so much more than just a mathematician." And it was funny how Charlie tried to defend the idea that math had saved David and Colby. The tension throughout the story, the way you made the threat of the fire and the beam feel real was well done. I liked the back story you gave David, too. Hero Charlie is my favorite.
RumorsOfMyDeath chapter 2 . 7/12/2012
This is great! I love how you have Charlie battling his first instinct to run and save himself, very realistic.
control of chaos chapter 4 . 3/12/2012
From all the applied mathematics majors out there, thanks for this story. I especially appreciated it.
June chapter 4 . 11/11/2011
I really enjoyed this story. It was engrossing, exciting, and best of all it showed everyone being competent. I love that Charlie used maths to get David and Colby out, but I love that before they were incapacitated both David and Colby were also supremely competent. I loved Nikki as well, by the way - I'd almost forgotten that scene because of the excitement of later chapters but you got her spot-on!

It's lovely to read a well-written Numb3rs fic that gives equal weight and time to different characters. Thanks for this.
Mistycat chapter 4 . 8/27/2011
I really liked this story! You did a great job. I've just found the Numb3rs stories but I hope you have written more.
sakoratay chapter 4 . 11/17/2010
Of all of your stories, this one is one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite. Each character's perspective is absolutely perfect for that chapter. I absolutely LOVE the idea of Charlie saving Colby and David when in the first chapter, Don tells /them/ to protect Charlie. Not to mention he did it using math, which just makes it a thousand times better.

Fantastic story. I loved every bit of it. :)
alienpuffin chapter 4 . 2/19/2010
Fantastic! I adored the image of Don giving the "We all use math everyday" speech in his brother's honor. It was such a Don thing to do. Rather than insisting on telling the action packed story that would frame Charlie up as a traditional hero, he told the story the way Charlie saw it. I love it.
Prairie City chapter 4 . 2/11/2010
Oh. My. God.

I'm relatively new to the Numb3rs fandom, and I'm very picky about what I add to my favorites list, so I'll have you know that it is very, very unusual that a story completely blows me away.

Charlie's and David's chapters both gave me chills, I swear. I LOVED them. I loved this story, period. I admit that the ending chapter (Don's) fell a tiny, (TINY) bit short after the brilliance of the previous chapters, but I loved it anyways and it was a good ending. The other two chapters just gave took my breath away.

I am so glad you wrote and posted this. It's beautiful, and was a wonderful read. Thank you so much.
tryingtobestine chapter 4 . 11/27/2009
I really liked this story, in fact I like most of your stories, so keep writing
Bunny1 chapter 4 . 10/18/2009