Reviews for Playing By the Rules
supermangageek23 chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
I love the ending so much
mudkipluvr4ever chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Magnus and Alec were so very cute in this story! Magnus was trying to be a good sparring partner! I really liked it and great job!
butchinthestreets chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
"I don't-"

"You will."

#swoons#

(Incidentally, a few minutes past, I was staring at the fanfiction screen. I spoke to it, uttering the words 'what do you mean I've never reviewed Ariviand's fanfics?', and the screen said nothing, not being capable of speech. I apologise for this grevious lapse -.-)

Mademise Morte
sanctuary-in-dreams chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
That. Was. Great.

You write so well - the characterization for Magnus and Alec fit so well with the story; it all just fit together so well!

I like how the fighting was like foreplay - that's really what interested me in the first place. It was an undercurrent, while also directing attention to what was REALLY going on.

Fantastic job - that ending gave me shivers! Now, onto the 'sequel'!

Sid
grimCapitalist chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Oh, ho, ho

The "you will," part. Just... Heh *mental images* ... owo
SnowAngel5683 chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
lol so much for sparring
Candy Coloured Frown chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
I absolutely LOVED the last like, few lines. Not that I didn't like the rest. I loved it all, the way that Magnus egged Alec on, and the rules fit perfectly for them. Wonderful.
faithful muse chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I apologize if I sound slightly crazed, but you are brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.
I'm Beth chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Why is it that my nose had already erupted in a geyser of blood at the first two lines? Are you a wizard?
Alice-Tiny Ball of Energy chapter 1 . 2/25/2010
"You will..."

Oh, just the mental image of Magnus saying that is sexy!

rolf this is the first Malec fic i've ever read, hell, it's the first MI fic i've ever read, but i lurve Magnus and Alec...i don't i'll ever be able to go back to HP Drarry fics ever again!
Miyabita chapter 1 . 1/27/2010
I really like this. It's interesting that your first TMI fic didn't really include any fluff; it was very much a battle of wills it seemed. Alec also seems a little more aggressive (?) in this piece than he does in some of your other fics (at least, with regards to Magnus), so it's nice to see a different side of him.

I actually read this a long time ago before I started reading Call Me. I'm curious to know what led you to choose a scene like this as your first fic. You bring up this idea of them roleplaying some kind of Shadowhunter vs. Downworlder struggle in a couple of your fics, so I'm wondering if this is also related to that idea or if you had some other image in your head?

I think the last lines (after Alec says he doesn't want to hurt Magnus) work really well, and the short little quips of dialogue sound really sexy, if I'm being honest.
ireadtoomanybooks chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Going to read Rules of Foreplay now :D Love this so much, it was really cute (especially when Alec said he didn't want to hurt Magnus) Love 3
Virtuous Vampire chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Hello there!

I really enjoyed this and totally agree with you-sparring can definitely be as hot as a bedroom scene..well the way you write sparring anyway.

It wasn't over descriptive and you kept the two of them in character. Kudos. I have to admit that I sqeed like the Malec fangirl I am when they closed the distance between them at the end! Now I must go and read more of your work.

Peace out.)

Brat
rachelalexandra chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
I had a feeling that it wouldn't work out... them sparring, I mean- not your story. THAT turned out quite well indeed; especially considering that it is your first. Nicely done.
icaughtkira chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Wow this was great. You're a talented writer. It was very hot and funny. LOVED the ending. ;)