Reviews for Progress Report
Wraith Five chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
i liked it. but to solve the missile problem, did you know that origami has been used to even help develop medical techniques and tools? there is one that i have read about for clogged arteries. basically, they take a small tube (VERY small) and 'fold' it in on itself or something, insert it through a needle or use other surgical tools, and 'unfold' it in the artery. additionally, you could have moved the cooling unit to the other shoulder and had a tube type of thing travel down past her arm to the cannon. on the subject of the morph ball, have you ever heard of Emc2? it relates mass directly to energy. this is just a theory, but couldn't the suit use that to do something like turn the user into energy that is somehow 'tied' to the morph ball? (also possible to use in reference to the missiles)

just a few ideas, but i liked it!

(btw, geek is not an insult. nerd is the derogatory term. example: i am a geek honest statement; i am a nerd insulting one's self.)

good job!
1whistlingweasel chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
To: Mallard Killian Snow, Lead Designer, Architect Project "Ignition"

From: Castor Dane, Fleet Admiral, G.F.S Olympus

Request for Budget increase to 160,0 credits has been approved for the use of you and your colleages. Make good use of it.

Long Live The Galactic Federation!
MomochiNaruto chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
This is really creative. Good work.
bdun chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
I have read your report in it's entirety. whenever I saw Samus in action, i often found myself wondering "How the hell dose she DO that?". I knew from the get-go that it must take some serious hardware to power that, and I knew the Chozo were ahead of us, but I never would have guessed they were so far ahead of us we couldn't replicate half her stuff.

however, knowing we were able to surpass them in at least one regard (spider ball) has refreshed my confidence. keep up the good work!

signed,

Cpl. David Rhodes.

P.S.

permission to attend field testing?
Prioris chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Your tech report is well written, and a good breakdown of how the various suit technologies might work. I see I might have some competition in the "Where Does She Get All Those Wonderful Toys?" category. :)

I only have one caveat to point out: the Morph Ball is never less than half Samus' standing height in any of the 2D games, and even in the Prime series, if you trigger the ball next to a door or some other object of known height, it's still half her standing height. The schematic in Prime 3 isn't to scale. Hence, the Feds actually got it right when they built their 2'6" ball - the real deal is probably even a bit bigger, as Samus has been stated to stand 190 cm (6'3") in the suit, so half that is 3'1 - 3'2".

Feel free to drop a line if you feel like bouncing any other Metroid tech ideas around. Nicely done.