Reviews for Life's Lessons: By Your Side
Victoriaswords chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
'o' ... THAT'S SOOO CUTE!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
John sort of never had the great and powerful Daddy belief from Sam because Dean took his place while he hunted.
Rolletti chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
I read this days ago and had to come back and read it again. HOW SWEET CAN YOU GET IN A STORY! Yes, I'm squealing.

Rolletti
CatBeist chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
aw the healing power of brother-hood...
Dassy1407 chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
As soon as I finished reading this I said, "Aw". It's so cute and adorable! Good job! )

Miss Dassy
Chronicles of an Insomniac chapter 1 . 10/20/2009
Short, sweet, and almost unbearably heartwarming. I can imagine this perfectly, because I used to do the same thing when my older brother and I were both sick. I'd follow him around everywhere and freak out when I wasn't with him. This reminded me of that and I love it so much! Great job!

clumsybookgirl13
sinful delight chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
dean, protective even in his sleep. : )

sin
BeckaBoo1735 chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
aw! all better now they get to sleep cudled up! well...sickness loves company lol. and thx! much better today...THANK YOU!
Twinchy chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
Aw, I bet that made them feel better ASAP - plus, much more rested in the morning. And not only the boys either. :-D

Such a cute moment in the lives of family Winchester.
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
See, THAT's what I miss on the show. Tension and angst are all well and good, but they need to be tempered with something else once in a while.

This was beyond adorable! I loved it! I can just see tiny little Sam (that didn't last long, did it?) sick and wanting to be with his big brother. I imagine Dean was in a similar state alone on his mattress.

"Sammy stretched out trembling arms. “Dean,” he pleaded, tears quenching fever-bright eyes." Oh my gosh, the image of little Sam reaching out to Dean just about yanked my heart out of my chest. And it's just so much worse after I finally saw the season five opener. He was kind of giving Dean that look through the whole episode, and then the end came and kind of trampled all over what was left of my sanity. I like your ending much better - it felt kind of like I was tossing and turning and then was finally able to turn over and go to sleep. Or something.

I do feel kind of bad for John in this, though. To know that your son was kind of a better parent to your other kid has to be a bit unpleasant for him. But then, he raised them to watch out for one another, so maybe that was kind of what he was going for; they could care for each other when he couldn't or wouldn't let himself do it. You've made me think, now.

"Dean flopped one arm over the younger boy; Sammy snuggled close." Aw, such a cute mental image! And I love how they were finally able to sleep once they knew the other was there.

Awesome fic!

Holly
bayre chapter 1 . 9/14/2009
Too Sweet.
Carolej126 chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I love seeing this brief moment of care and concern, coming from John. It's certainly an aww moment when Sammy is searching for his big brother - obviously the only one who can really comfort him. John loves him, but Sammy clearly wants *his* Dean. That second "Dean" about broke my heart, so I can see how John would be unable to resist the little boy's plea.

The ending was one of those moments, one of those scenes I love, with the two little boys cuddling together.

Great job!

Carole
pocahontas chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
I LOVED THIS! It shows so much about the people they are inside.
LivingForTv chapter 1 . 9/8/2009