Reviews for Mettle of Honor
Jimelda chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Awww, Tony/McGee friendship is just the cutest! We don't see nearly enough of it on the show, and you really drew it out for us here. I loved Tony's admission that Tim actually is his best friend. -squees- Thanks for this!

Cheers,
Jimelda
thecookiemomma chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
This is a good story, and a great premise, I just have one tiny constructive criticism. Gibbs never got the Medal of Honor. That's only given out to a very few servicemen. He's received the Silver Star and at least two Purple Hearts and other commendations and medals, but he never got the Medal of Honor.

Like I say, I can see him giving the dog one of his many awards, but he wouldn't have had that one to give.

As I say, I love the story, and the premise is absolutely awesome.
rabidsamfan chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Aw, man, now I'm sniffling. Beautifully done. I'm glad it got recced on crack_van, because I'd have missed it otherwise.
SumNumb3rs chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Great job of misleading. Well written! When I found out who really died, I cried my eyes out.
babyjo chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Can't believe I'm crying over Jethrow. This is a well written piece - the characterizations are true to their NCIS characters.
Mokibobolink chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Alright so after reading so many of your stories, you'd think I'd be prepared for a surprise but nope, the funeral turning out to be for Jethro the dog and not Jethro the man threw me for a loop.

I still cried like a baby though.

I love how you write Tim and Tony. Whether it's slash or just friendship, I don't really care. I just like how you write them caring for each other, and yet still totally in character.

Great job.

-Moki
Meatball42 chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Aw! This is so wonderful! I really freaked out about halfway through, because I thought it was talking about Gubbs, not Jethro! Shocker! Anyway, I love the bond we see between McGee and Tony, which is much closer than it is on the show. I love how you gave Jethro a noble death, and how you got McGee to love him even though their relationship started off rather... rockily. I love how McGee is in shock for the first half of the fic, and the story comes pouring out along with his emotions. This was a believable fic that anyone who's ever lost a pet could empathize with. Such a sweet story, especially the team/family bond near the end. Adding to favs because it's so touching!
St. Danger chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
My dog, who was my best friend, just passed away on Nov 3rd, and I think you captured the grief that people who are close with their pets feel when they lose that pet.

I like how you carefully revealed the identity of the dead, as opposed to blatantly saying it.

Nicely done, bonus points for keeping everyone perfectly in character!
Fed up with this crap chapter 1 . 11/17/2009
This was good and I was confused by 'whose' death at first but it was really good.
Icky Wick chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
This is a fantastic story! I really loved it. I really loved how you held us all in suspense. I had absolutely no idea about precisely *who* was being buried. Well, I had an idea, from whittling down who wasn't there, but my guess was totally wrong, which I appreciate. This was quite the twist.

I'm glad you've written eleven stories. I hope to read more of your writing soon.
Error 404 Page not found chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
I wish i could give constructive criticism, but this story is too good :) You managed to get a character death and not have it be someone like Abby or Ducky :) And it's marvelously written, of course. That's a given. I like it very much. Thanks for posting it :)

-Per ardua as astra

Anabeth Patelle
StBridget chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
Extremely well written. Didn't see the twist coming!

The casserole bit was a perfect touch.

I really liked it, really from the heart, and right on.
SpecialParanoia chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
This was absolutely wonderful! Truly, a marvelous little ditty with great characterizations, touching and well thought out plot, proper spelling, and attention to mechanics. (Not to mention Tim-centered. I adore the probie and wish he'd get more love from... well, everyone. The show, while superb in its own right, tends to make a caricature of him without any real substance. It's a shame.) And to top it off, you did a pretty darn good job keeping the death a bit of a mystery while alluding to Gibbs- though I have to say, I knew it was the dog the first time he was referred to as Jethro. That could just mean I watch too much TV and read too much fanfiction, though... ;)

The only criticism I can make is that you need to be a little more careful with your 'then/than's. I wasn't paying really careful attention, but it did stick out once for certain.

Kudos all around, and this is definitely going into my favorites. Great work!
PrincessFi chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
This is a lovely, sweet story. I am not usually a fan of Tony/McGee fics, but this is great. You got both of them beautifully in character. I defy anyone who has lost a pet to read this story and not get teary! Great work.
AZGirl chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
Zak - Good job as always! And, well done, with the attempted misdirect - you had me until you said the wood came from Gibbs' basement! Um, and not to be annoying or complaining or whatever, but what about 'Acquired Tastes'? :o)