Reviews for Harry Potter's Secret Friend
Wolfman613 chapter 6 . 4/7
Please write next chapter already. Thank you very much. I really appreciate it and enjoyed it .
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 3/30
"Wizengamot elders Griselda Marchbanks and Tiberius Ogden have resigned in protest at the introduction of the post of Inquisitor to Hogwarts."

How does this help anything? All it does is remove any opposition to the evil idiots. Grrrr!

What an evil little "ass"p that Draco is! Enlisting Umbridge to further his agenda just proves it.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 3/30
All of the professors mentioned seemed pleased, surprised (shocked, even), or not angry (hard to tell with Snape). Dumbledore seemed almost congratulatory. I wonder, though ... How did the Toad look?

I'm with Harry as far as being worried about Daphne. Malfoy will doubtless get ugly, unless Snape keeps him in check ... or Mr. Greengrass delivers a warning.

I'm more than a little surprised there hasn't been any revenge against Malfoy for the attack on Blaise. Isn't his mom the one whose six "former" husbands have all died under strange circumstances? It sounds as if she is either a "black widow" type or possibly the daughter of the Wizarding equivalent of a Mafia family. I should think she would want revenge on anyone who hurt her baby.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 3/30
I'm glad Harry at least told Daphne about the blood quill. If something worse happens, she can at least tell her dad, who is on the Wizengamot.

Draco is going to be a problem ... a bigger-than-usual one, I fear. So is Ron, and I look for his latest behavior to break the friendship, unless he gets his head out of his - well, you know.
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 3/28
I don't understand why Sirius can't get a trial , as he has never had one. Harry needs to ask Amelia Bones to look at things. She's a straight arrow and would flip if she knew he'd never had a trial or even a formal questioning under Veritaserum.

Interesting ... It looks as if Harry has the potential to make some new and good friends this year in Daphne, Tracey, Luna, possibly Blaise and Susan with him. It looks as though he's going to need some friends and lots of support.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 3/28
Harry needs a haircut that works with his cowlicks - short and spiky, with bangs. Then he needs to work in some Versa-Gel to keep it spiked. It probably wouldn't move, even if he were riding a broomstick in a windstorm!

"Ron had been quite keen that this secret Slytherin no longer seemed interested in his friend. He remarked it was for the best and that nothing good could come of [associating] with serpents." Nice friend. (Not!)

Why can't Sirius use some Glamour charms - or even Polyjuice - to change his appearance?
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 3/28
"Ron, If I had been sorted into Slytherin, would you have still been my friend?" I don't know about Harry, but I'd like an answer to that question. From the first train ride, Ron knew Harry was friendly if a bit shy, generous, and kind. Even knowing those things about him, would he have continued to be Harry's friend if Harry had been sorted into Slytherin? I'm not so sure.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 3/28
Oh, goody! Harry has Umbridge and Occlumency to look forward to. At least he apparently didn't have to deal with Dementors and a trial. That's something.

Ron's attitude is almost as bad as Malfoys. I hope he doesn't try to ruin any budding relationship Harry may begin with his mystery girl.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 3/28
Why don't they tell him "DON'T LEAVE YOUR YARD"? Sirius has given him SOME info but not nearly enough. He should also tell him the "rules" of prophecies, if he knows: Only the one making it, the one hearing it, or the subject(s) can lift a prophecy and take it. That is crucial information.

Daphne needs to give more information.
continental-line chapter 31 . 3/16
I enjoyed this story to the point that I couldn't stop reading this until I finished it. This ment that I am reviwing it at the end. If you are writing a sequel, I hope to read about Harry meeting Daphne's parents and his asking for her hand (and the rest of her) later. Maybe Ron ending up in a relationship with Pansy? I like romance stories.
Tomon chapter 31 . 2/28
Wow, if this is you first fanfic, I can see how your others stories are so good.
While it may contain some minor error. I really enjoyed it and I'm glad it got sequel. I liked how your characters really managed to grow even if not all of them in the good way. While sometimes it seemed like the plot demanded it - Ron reaction about attack on his father. Even he in the end managed to redeem himself.

And of course you're really did I good job on Harry and Daphne romance. Though I enjoyed Tracy amost as much :) So good job and you will be seeing another review after I finish sequel ;-)
mak1a z3n chapter 31 . 2/15
I am surprised by this story it was refreshing for me and I am starting to read the sequel soon
not important chapter 1 . 1/10
even with english not being my mother language i found a lot (too many) spelling and grammar errors. please read your story a second time before posting.

you stick too much to jkr and that makes you repeat her errors in logic and common sense. i like the start and the idea behind your story but it did not keep up with my expectations in the following chapters.
HunterBerserkerW chapter 28 . 1/8
Hmm, you know I've been enjoying your stories, especially the Harry/Susan one, but this part of the story just flat out right bugs the hell out of me. Harry had not one, but two professors, TWO, tell him that they're contacting Dumbledore. Yet, he still runs off to the Ministry. Just, it doesn't make sense to me since you've made him much more level headed than he started out. Not to mention, Hermione also heard Hagrid mention that he was going to speak with Dumbledore. It's a good story so far, but having that bullshit, cliche battle at the Department of Mysteries seems a bit... I don't know upsetting I suppose.
I'll leave off here and leave my Penname for the site
HunterBerserkerWolf
kateplay chapter 30 . 11/26/2013
I really enjoyed this I have been reading more and more Harry Daphne fics this past few months and it has become one of my favs ships my only down side is that I have read a lot of fics for other ships were writers but there take on the on the whole series from book 1 to book 7 I have not found a Harry Daphne ship like that yet but yours is close

I love what you did with Neville bring him out of his shell earlier then in cannon is always good with me