Reviews for Well, He was Just Seventeen
JeNnNn chapter 1 . 9/9/2009
huh...i never thought of edward not liking ppls touch. makes sense though, thinking bout it now.

i like this entry, very cool :D

good job!

-jenn
Nara Vine chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
liked this fic too, not much to comment on though here!

just one question: what did emmett say? i'm a little lost...
purelyromantic chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Lovely! The Edward-Bella connection is visible both through the present and through Edward's musings. I really like how you've weaved the image about sense into the one thing Edward didn't like too much and how it contributed in his journeyto discovering a whole new side to himself!

Good work!

Love,

Shavera
Gleena chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
I knew I liked this one! The second read-through was even better than the first, especially since I am 100% awake this time!

Edward's memories of his lonely, isolated life before Bella is always sad to read about. You really captured the wonder he continually has about the changes Bella has brought to him.

Eventually you or Justine should write a tickle scene where he actually laughs!

I also think you did a nice job with the sensuality of touch without surpassing a T rating. Although they *were* in bed the whole time!
Just Another Phase chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
I really liked this and thought it was very in character for Edward to have "stiffened" up or not be touchy-feely before Bella. I had never thought about it really, but I could totally see him being one of those people who turned into a board when you hugged them.

It's nice that he saw the changes in himself, and then Bella told him that everyone had too.

LOL at Bella jumping out of bed to put her clothes on, only to find them unwearable! I bet that happens a lot!

Edward and Emmett clearing a meadow - LOL!

I absolutely assault my children numerous times a day with hugs and kisses...they don't let me do it in public, but they know they can't hide in the house ;)

Great one-shot and good luck with the contest!
PrettyFanGirl chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
I love the idea of Edward not being as affectionate before Bella! I was hoping that someone would write something like this and you've done a great job.
ES3 chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Lovely one-shot! Sorry it's taken me so long to r/r, school has started and I've been swamped!

As always, I adore your work. The intermixing of past and present was delightfully done, particularly with all the discussion of hugging and physical affection. I thought you captured Edward's natural reluctance to be touched at first perfectly, as well as Carlisle and Esme's motivations for wanting touch.

Wonderful!
Beans827 chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Oh, that was really beautiful. I love looks back into Edward's alone days. How sad that would be to not want someone's loving touch. Really nice job!
pixidancer22 chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Aww, very cute.
tomboy14 chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
That Beatles song is a good one. But what Beatles dong isn't good?

I liked this different take on Edward. Making him so very inclusive in a physical sense has never been emphasized in something canon before and it was very believable.
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
I love this story. The sense of touch semes to be missed frequently when talking about hightened senses. I am glad you decided to focus on what that might feel like. The touch of someone you love is a very powerful thing even when you aren't a vampire. :)
Sheeijan chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
For some reason I love the idea of Edward being physically standoffish until Bella. It just fits in with the whole thing about Edward being so radically changed because of her. And while I admit I've never really considered the implications of Edward's need to be touched now by Bella because of his age, well, it certainly is food for thought. *wiggles eyebrows* Thanks for writing!
Justine Lark chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
Very insightful and sweet. I love that you wrote about Edward and the sense of touch, and yet it was solidly in a T rating. I can easily picture the scene of Bella scrambling to get dressed only to discover her clothes were destroyed!
Eagleswings81 chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
I really enjoyed this story. I thought the aversion to physical touch early in his vampire life is very realistic with Edward's personality.
katmom chapter 1 . 9/1/2009
I did recognize the title...

This was lovely!

Scooting off to vote now...

Kathie